It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 why is it still there ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have a theory about Secret Government Facilities the older ones inparticular , the bases and facilities that were once unknown to the public but have since been compromised at least to a degree like Area 51 and others .

The most obvious question is why would bases like Area 51 that are classified above top secret still be operational and housing highly classified weapons if everyone including the General public is aware of them. One thoery I have is simple misdirection like what a Magician does on stage he points to the distraction , while the trick is happening else where . Every one is looking at Area 51 atleast everyone with satellites , but that is the whole point of the base as it is the misdirection .

But then again Area 51 and the surrounding topography i.e. the salt flats are an absolutely perfect testing grounds for experimental aircraft , so it stands to reason that Area 51 is what we think is. Again though why the Area 51 base in particular ? could they not move to a new location with similar topography since Area is so obvioulsy compromised . I guess the base is still all in all unapproachable even though we know about it , it matters not because its not like we can see whats going on inside . and Aside from the Beloved Bob Lazar I'm not aware of anyone that has ever broke there silence about the base, so the top secret nature of the base remains intact aside from his singular testimony.

My real theory the whole reason I wrote this topic is that there is something at Area 51 that cannont be moved , there is something housed at the base that must remain in its particular location because it is to dangerous or volatile to be moved . Perhaps some sort of alien or experimental power source that we absolutely cannot move or something along those lines. Maybe the base extends miles underground into the surrounding areas and Area 51 is but an entrance into the underground facility. Perhaps the base was built at the location because we found some sort of space time portal and we literally built the entire base around said portal.

The CIA facility in Langley is also I think in a similar situation , there is something at the Facility that cannot be moved hints why the CIA has called the facility home since its inception.

In the end these are just theories , I do wonder what you guys think though .

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I've always imagined many of the underground bases to look like something from Lord Of The Rings.

Or is that a bit deeper?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I think it's almost like a castle situation.

Way back in the day castles stood as significant signs of power and no - go zones. Area 51 before it was recognized by the public and then later revealed to be an actual government facility has always been an area where people just plain and simply, do not go, no matter what.

Even if we all know it's there, and with satellite and drone technology looking from above, it's still a place you second guess treading towards. It's a symbol of power in a way. What goes on in there, only the people who work in there.
I kind of like it being a mystery tho.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The place is not obsolete just because we know "secret" stuff goes on there, or HAS gone on there. That infrastructure cost a lot and is still functional. There's no reason to abandon it. We've been told that the SUPER secret stuff has been moved elsewhere, and perhaps it has. Meanwhile there is that perfect runway and all the labs that are quite remote and can still be used. I don't see a problem, really.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Read Stephen King's Desperation (but keep Tommyknockers in mind), then cross that with the founders of JPL, L. Ron Hubbard, and Aleister Crowley. Then throw in the proximity of the Test Site of our first Nuclear bombs...lots of weird # down there. Either those bombs were trying to open something buried or bury something or possibly opened a portal (Play some Half Life and the Black Mesa project)

Oh and LAS VEGAS...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Granted, this was back in the 90’s, but my dad flew fighter planes. They flew over Nevada all the time for various drills, range practice, etc. He mentioned that they had standing orders that said they could land at Area 51 in an emergency, but were warned they should be prepared for one heck of a debriefing.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The place is not obsolete just because we know "secret" stuff goes on there, or HAS gone on there. That infrastructure cost a lot and is still functional. There's no reason to abandon it. We've been told that the SUPER secret stuff has been moved elsewhere, and perhaps it has. Meanwhile there is that perfect runway and all the labs that are quite remote and can still be used. I don't see a problem, really.

I totally agree. Like you stated, the super duper secret double probation stuff goes on elsewhere where the general public and media don’t know anything about. In the meantime, I also agree that Area 51 is the perfect place to test new aircraft and also drones. It’s pretty much out in the middle of nowhere, and one doesn’t just strut up to the entrance and demand to be let in. I also agree with asabuvsobelow that there may be a vast underground base/city that no satellite can see. There is so much that can be hidden from people. I’m sure our lovely government uses red herrings all the time. That’s what intelligence agencies do.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Because it's damn hard to move a few thousand miles of tunnels and underwater caverns.

Especially the ones between the Pacific, Area 51 and Pyramid lake.

Big enough to fit a submarine through!

/thread

edit on 29-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You have to wonder WTF was and IS going on down there!

The mounds are vibrating. It is tremendous! Directly above our heads!

And then the wish that everyone could be out there with them...WHAT???

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

First of all Investment, the base or facility and whatever is there OR underneath it has cost an absolute fortune, nations have less money than that base has probably had spent on it.

Second TOXICITY, there are rumors that waste products such as toxic and radioactive chemical's and waste has been incinerated and buried on the site.

Thirdly the General Public are almost always the LAST to know - oh they knew there was a military base there and there were rumors of flying saucers and little green men autopsy's that slowly grew into alien bases, alien embassy('s) etc as the story kept on getting bigger and weirder - probably a mix of disinformation and a kernel of truth in some of it but as to how much truth, well there is the question to ask?.

Fourthly - if everyone is looking at what is going on in the hand I want them to look at they are not going to see what I am doing in the hand I do not want them to watch?.

And of course the base is huge, useful for all manner of activity's such as weapon testing and development and both aerospace development and reverse engineering as happened during the cold war with Russian fighter jet's - and probably before that with German concept vehicles after WW2 etc.

So there is plenty of use AND life still in that base as well as the serious potential that it is perhaps among the most toxic locations in the US, deadly and perhaps also contaminated with more than just chemical's and radiological waste, there could also be biological containment's on the site.

And due to it's size it is a great location for mothballing stalled or shelved project's that while the US may no longer be developing them due to the changing nature of the world and US military requirements to meet new threats etc those projects may still be of potential use in the future - and while they would otherwise destroy them to keep the potential for enemy's to steal that knowledge they may also fear losing the secret's they have hidden even from themselves so have decided to keep some of those prototypes and stalled projects there - just possibly - maybe in a hanger next to those UFO's they are supposed to reverse engineer there - and elsewhere.

So - some costs can be cut but it could potentially cost the US more to cut this facility than to keep it staffed, protected and well maintained - it is also just too useful, this is a site were they can do ANYTHING they want - so long as it is kept out of sight.

edit on 29-4-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Maybe they found some thing Big under ground.
like a Very old base,ship, creatures etc

look up the SCP Foundation.
on youtube and www.scp-wiki.net
it gives out all the secrest in stories.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Just because we know about it doesn't mean much. For a "compromised" base, they still do a hell of a job hiding things. In all the years it's been known about not one secret aircraft has been exposed that the Air Force didn't want exposed.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Maybe they found some thing Big under ground.
like a Very old base,ship, creatures etc

look up the SCP Foundation.
on youtube and www.scp-wiki.net
it gives out all the secrest in stories.

Right that's what I'm thinking , and thank you ill take a look.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Just because we know about it doesn't mean much. For a "compromised" base, they still do a hell of a job hiding things. In all the years it's been known about not one secret aircraft has been exposed that the Air Force didn't want exposed.

Very true , and no other testimonials about the base outside of Bob Lazar .

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I'm not saying its obsolete , its second to none for testing aircraft. But to this day the base is shrouded in mystery , and basically impenetrable to the outside public . The employees all basically have a hermetic seals on there mouths and minds keeping them from talking, which is interesting that you can convince that many people to stay silent . When most of the American public cannot help but gab about everything especially secrets.

The base is more than just secret , its almost seems supernatural.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Once a hint of truth starts to trickle out along with the lies about a site, they start building a second one . By the time people have started to glean the truth from the lies ( which takes decades) the government would have moved everything important to site B. I have believed for a long time that the phoenix lights were us moving our largest top secret projects from area 51 to a new site .

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Daranini

Groom is more active than ever. It hasn't been moved. There's no reason to move it.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why is it there? Because you look at it. There are lots of other places to look, but you keep your eyes on 51. "You" meaning people in general.. not specifically YOU alone.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

It's there because it's in the middle of the nuclear testing ranges, so it'd already restricted. Add in that it's the middle of the desert, and you have the perfect testing area.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Advantage

It's there because it's in the middle of the nuclear testing ranges, so it'd already restricted. Add in that it's the middle of the desert, and you have the perfect testing area.

Yeah but they know the UFO and Alien folks are always looking and watching.
The average person has NO idea how much it actually costs to "scrub" a military site to then be open and non restricted. Id use the site as a "junk drawer" and testing range too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join