It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington post “ “I think it is the worst pandemic since 1918“

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was checking the news today and ran across a WP article. They finally did it to me. My long lost eye tic is back. Grrrr

Doom is back on. Coronavirus isn’t going to kill 200,000 people it’s back up to a “probable” 1 million people.

With a little selected verbiage. The article is happy to do something they scolded everyone on doing since January. Now they’re comparing it to the seasonal flu now. 🤦‍♂️

According to the study they are citing. The new figures on undiagnosed cases which is lowering the death rate is still ‘bad’ .

Apparently these new calculation so old we’ve been discussing it for a while. (That’s news to me)

Antibody tests support what’s been obvious: Covid-19 is much more lethal than the flu

Of course anybody who speaks out against the study is stupid. Because the information is still “obvious”.

They are right here in theory. Same variables that are unknown are hanging over the studies head.

Higher infection rates mean lower lethality risk on average. But the corollary is that this is a very contagious disease capable of being spread by people who are asymptomatic — a challenge for communities hoping to end their shutdowns.

Off hand about 20% of the US has been exposed to covid . So about one in four people which some experts are saying is too many people to make the lockdown effective. It’s going to spread anyway.

There claims are they possibly 1 million people are going to die again . Keep turning to the left and pretty soon you’ve circled back.

It seems to me that every member of the MSM. Is now practicing Hal Turner journalism. Push doom and gloom but include a small kernel of solid information to make it appear legit.

2 million will die. Scratch that. 1 million will die scratch that. 200,000 will die scratch that 1 million will die “ brought to you by the Washington post” we dig deeper”

edit on 29-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So, they state that although any may test positive, they have little to no symptoms.

Many people experience mild symptoms or none at all, and never get the standard diagnostic test with a swab up the nose, so they’re missed in the official covid-19 case counts.

Hang on.....many have been exposed, but, not enough have died to fit their model ?

But as infectious disease experts point out, even a seemingly low rate can translate into a shockingly large death toll if the virus spreads through a major portion of the population.

Didn't they just say it's spread through the population more than they thought....but....less people are getting sick than....they...thought ?

Can they make up my mind please.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You may think Corona is bad. I just can't wait til the Zombie virus in the future.

Everyone please go back to work. Only doctors/nurses deserve Hazmat suits.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

If memory serves, there was a bigger epidemic in 1968.

Will have to check, but the WaPoo is a lying rag not fit for lining bird cages.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

“Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics”

Unknown

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In contrast, the Washington Times has been calling it out for the hoax that it is...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Let me know when the secondhand smoking deaths are re-attributed to the Covid to boost numbers...
edit on 29-4-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Not surprising.

It's just another example of MSM and social media (like YouTube and facebook) ignoring, or censoring opposing viewpoints.

Remember the two Bakersfield doctors who stated that California's death rate from the virus was about .03 percent, after performing over 5000 Covid-19 tests? Then suddenly their video gets taken down on YouTube after nearly 4 million views. Why? Because YouTube said it went against their “community guidelines.”

It would seem that the Democrats and their propaganda outlets (MSM and social media) are suppressing anything that goes against the narrative that they're pushing...continued compliance to lockdowns, keeping small businesses closed and restricting civil liberties. Then they point the finger at Trump and blame him for everything.

Now, every death associated with ANY flu symptom, or underlying condition is now attributed to Covid-19, including all the false positive tests. They're not adjusting the death numbers downward either. It's a shell game....a game designed to get a Democrat in the White House this November.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That was the Hong Kong flu. The Asian flu in 1957 I think wasn’t a walk in the park either .

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I once read that the 15 people a year joke to death on their toothbrush .

“ obviously “ AOC’s family should go on the Covid list too. Lol

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

That was the Hong Kong flu. The Asian flu in 1957 I think wasn’t a walk in the park either .

Yep, killed @100,000 people.

Not a single city shut down.

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Whatever happened to that zika virus?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Whatever happened to SARS,MERS and the CARS?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Whatever happened to SARS,MERS and the CARS?

Those psy-ops didn’t work. The masses weren’t quite dumbed down enough to buy it back then

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Don't worry, we'll be inundated with stories of flare ups and outbreaks to keep things shut down.

Democrats aren't ready to let us out of our homes yet. Not until they can rig the election with mail in voting.

They want you in your homes and miserable so you vote for the right candidate in 2020.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Meh, I see allot of inept so called journalists and politicians. Governors giving victory speeches acting like they won against covid-19 saying it was not so serious etc. the press not doing their jobs instead arguing with the potus over gotcha arguments reminds me of monkey crap throwing. The truth is we have very little facts a medical system, lacking the technology to control the outbreak still lacking the supplies as well. Logic tells us the numbers went down due to practically everyone being huddled in their homes. Once people start thinking it’s safe because our victory speeches coming from our governors people will be getting sick again, with everyone hoping it’s not that bad.

It is what it is, with no happy ending for a long time, however we tee it up. Best case it’s mutated to a weaker strain. Yet as far as our American government and press handled it and is handling it is a total pitiful display of how weak we truly are. We can’t even get along in a crisis..

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Look like it or not over 7.8 billion people will die by the end of the next century, and given how deaths are counted today, we can be sure that the Covid might have something to do with these deaths.

Let's also be honest here and admit that we may never know the actual numbers of real victims of the corona virus since many countries are not giving factual numbers. Didn't China have 200,000 or so deaths before they got the blame, then some how are now in the low thousands. Then we have the US where many places are saying that since a person died, then it must be the virus. Now pay me money to prevent the spread.

The embarrassing reaction to this pandemic will be studied for centuries by medical and legal professors, not because of how we reacted to the virus, but rather how we acted because of the virus. During the Great Mortality we had idiots like the Flagellantism movement going from town to town, both spreading the disease of the day, but also creating a false sense of sanctity only creating even more problems. Today we have everyone trying to make a buck while deigning facts and science in order to treat the virus, all the while attempting to strip people of the basic rights of human existence.

Everyday I want to wear a "plague doctor's mask" not for protection, but because I'm embarrassed by how history will judge this moment in time.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Prob more like 60% of the population has been exposed if you believe dr erickson. Also 1 in 4 would be 25%, sir.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Yep, killed @100,000 people.

Not a single city shut down.

Go figure.

Was it an election year ?

And did the minority party lie to impeach,frame presidential cabinet members, and lie about rape?

Forgot about illegally spying on a presidential runner, and weaponizing the FBI and DOJ.
edit on 30-4-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Also 1 in 4 would be 25%, sir.

That’s why I said “offhand “

I can’t believe you felt the need to correct me on that .
edit on 30-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join