It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC tweet. Would this be remotely acceptable any other way.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Tweet

My message to the Jewish community, and all communities, is this simple: the time for warnings has passed. I have instructed the NYPD to proceed immediately to summons or even arrest those who gather in large groups. This is about stopping this disease and saving lives. Period.

Just a question. If you replaced Jewish for any other race, nationally or religious group, would it be socially acceptable?

+33 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Tweet

My message to the Jewish community, and all communities, is this simple: the time for warnings has passed. I have instructed the NYPD to proceed immediately to summons or even arrest those who gather in large groups. This is about stopping this disease and saving lives. Period.

Just a question. If you replaced Jewish for any other race, nationally or religious group, would it be socially acceptable?

Authorities nationwide were actually saying the same to Christians around Easter Sunday regarding services. It's not racism or bigotry we're seeing, it's fascism... a left leaning government system which deeply hates everyone equally.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If it isn't applied universally (we know it wont) New York city will be paying a butt load of money to settle the imminent lawsuits that will arrive from this.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Tweet

Authorities nationwide were actually saying the same to Christians around Easter Sunday regarding services. It's not racism or bigotry we're seeing, it's fascism... a left leaning government system which deeply hates everyone equally.

Didn't DeBlasio threaten to permanently close synagogues a few weeks ago? I haven't heard him make the same threat to churches or mosques. At this point, I think it's perfectly fair to suspect antisemitism might be playing a role.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Authoritarians hate Jews.

They do have some history of it. . . .

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I'm not sure about NYC in particular, but Christians have received similar in other cities/states.

I'm a little more concerned about this part:

This is about stopping this disease and saving lives. Period.

No, actually, it's about slowing the spread of the disease, and perhaps incidentally saving lives.

Changing the goalposts mid-game to an unachievable goal.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

How else can they justify keeping us locked up and the money machine humming?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Isn't Ramadan going on right now? I wonder how this is going to go down with those folks?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There are videos circulating of them spitting and coughing on police when they would get near them.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I guess my question to people who live in large heavily populated cities would be this - What did they think was going to happen if a disease that was highly contagious ever got started? Aren't they already just a really large group of people all crammed together on a small scrap of land? Wasn't overpopulating the planet and crowding together by the tens of millions really just a bad idea to start with? And now that it's backfired in epic fashion, people want to blame only certain individuals for the fact that this entire way of life was always a bad idea and unworkable in any kind of emergency situation?

It should have been pretty obvious as soon as they had to start building up in order to fit more people on the same land. Do humans ever learn?

So you have how many millions of people living literally right on top of one another and whose fault is that really?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

True, but overpopulation is not remotely an issue in the US.
Over concentration into cities is the issue.
You can drive for hours from the cities and see nobody.
The overpopulation theory is extremely dangerous.
You get stupid people with money like Gates playing depopulation games.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

If it isn't applied universally (we know it wont) New York city will be paying a butt load of money to settle the imminent lawsuits that will arrive from this.

Officials in New York City, and also Nancy Pelosi, will pay dearly for telling people to ignore warnings out of the Trump Administration regarding covid-19.

Tremendous lawsuits coming from family members of deceased, due to the WILLFUL negligence of those officials.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

To De Blasio's credit he apologized and offered them an all expense vacation in the east.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

His spokesperson said it was a very elegant solution and should finally solve the problem.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

All-expense-paid vacation in Lebanon?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
All-expense-paid vacation in Lebanon?

No, it wouldn't be concentrated enough there for his strategy.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well....

Source

To the Muslim New Yorkers beginning their celebrations tonight who need halal meals, we have them across our 400+ grab and go meal sites, and are bringing hundreds of thousands more to the 32 sites most frequented by our Muslim communities. Go to nyc.gov... for more.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

When was the last time any national leader threatened to round up the Jews, I'll let you ponder that.

It shouldn't take you long.

Not a good look for de Blasio.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Tweet

Didn't DeBlasio threaten to permanently close synagogues a few weeks ago? I haven't heard him make the same threat to churches or mosques. At this point, I think it's perfectly fair to suspect antisemitism might be playing a role.

From the first of the month...
www.foxnews.com...

Days before a pastor in Florida was arrested for holding crowded services, de Blasio singled out synagogues and churches saying he would shut them down if they continued to meet during the coronavirus outbreak.

"[Law enforcement] will inform them they need to stop the services and disperse," de Blasio, a Democrat, said at his March 27 press briefing. "If that does not happen, they will take additional action up to the point of fines and potentially closing the building permanently."

He's an equal opportunity jackass.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join