It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating meat IMPROVES mental health and one in three vegetarians are depressed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I would say that most vegans aren't in it for control purposes. Most vegans don't make a scene or let everyone know they're a vegan. Vegans are just human.

That's like saying all _____ religious folk are obnoxious morality cops who need to interupt every conversation with a lecture about abortions or homosexuality or something.

If anything, i see way more overtly religious folk telling everyone about their religion. Because more folks are religious than vegan. The same would happen to meat eaters if they stoud for meat ethics but i would imagine that most do not. (Asking what meat is ethically raised on a menu).

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You may be right, but again, I said that most of the really unbalanced ones trend toward veganism. That isn't the same as saying most vegans are unbalanced. What it is saying is that I've seen more obnoxious, evangelical vegans than I have vegetarians.

I also said it would be interesting to see the same study done on other highly restrictive diets like gluten free. I would expect you'd possibly find similar trends.

If the hypothesis is that people who feel mentally out of control trend toward things that let them feel in control of make them feel better about themselves (self-medicating), then you'd expect to find higher rates of the mentally unbalanced with fad health diets and highly restrictive diets that offer lots of supposed health benefits and claims of being morally superior for one reason or another.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I'm a meat eater, but was also thinking along the same lines: that many vegetarians are empathetic people who don't want animals to suffer. The world can be a very depressing place for people with a lot of empathy for others' suffering.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join