It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest P.O.S. In Canada Today!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If this was an every day normal person who toiled day after day to support his family and ended up drinking and driving and killed an entire family they would still be doing time with no chance of parole for many years.
Fortunately for this piece of garbage he gets to walk free because he comes from money.
I cannot even express how much it sickens me that money can buy a person out of such a criminal act.
My heart goes out to the victims that the justice system has failed because money lets pieces of crap like this walk.

Drunk driver Marco Muzzo who killed three children, grandfather granted day parole Muzzo was driving 85 km/hr to his home in Woodbridge, Ontario when he sped past a stop sign and slammed into a minivan. His blood-alcohol level was two to three times the legal limit

nationalpost.com...

Marco Muzzo lacks insight into drinking problem that lead to fatal car crash, parole board says

nationalpost.com...

Please give me good karma if you think this is worthy here at ATS.
Thanks

edit on 2020-04-03 by skybandit because: typos

edit on 2020-04-03 by skybandit because: (no reason given)

edit on 2020-04-03 by skybandit because: (no reason given)

edit on 2020-04-03 by skybandit because: Changed title to reflect the truth

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: skybandit

Funny isn't it how money can buy nearly everything ......EXCEPT

intelligence or morals. /SMH

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

A billionaire Heir. Well, The Judge and parole board should be doing time. They are all lucky they weren't my children. Remorse??? How does this POS express remorse.

Kinda like the POS that killed 4 cops in Melbourne last week. These people have no remorse.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Its called affluenza. Its a vile disease that at least I know I will NEVER get.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: skybandit
If this was an every day normal person who toiled day after day to support his family and ended up drinking and driving and killed an entire family they would still be doing time with no chance of parole for many years.
Fortunately for this piece of garbage he gets to walk free because he comes from money.
I cannot even express how much it sickens me that money can buy a person out of such a criminal act.
My heart goes out to the victims that the justice system has failed because money lets pieces of crap like this walk.

Drunk driver Marco Muzzo who killed three children, grandfather granted day parole Muzzo was driving 85 km/hr to his home in Woodbridge, Ontario when he sped past a stop sign and slammed into a minivan. His blood-alcohol level was two to three times the legal limit

nationalpost.com...

Marco Muzzo lacks insight into drinking problem that lead to fatal car crash, parole board says

nationalpost.com...

Please give me good karma if you think this is worthy here at ATS.
Thanks

Clearly you did not watch Pt5 of Fall Cabal....ever hear of a guy named Justin that runs Canada?...ever see his list of Friends?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Even worse than the drunk driver, those who let him off

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

ever hear of a guy named Justin that runs Canada?

If I didn't see that posted, I was going to post it myself.
He isn't even a real Canadian, private schools and never having to work a crap job in his youth to get ahead like the rest of us...he was handed everything like the P.O.S in the article in the OP.

We have many pieces of excrement in Canada....its too bad most went into government.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
We all know there are certain classes of people that always get the benefit of the doubt for whatever reason.

This is just one of them, but if you think about it, you all know there are others. If you come from any background that can produce a good sob story of perpetual victimhood where nothing is your fault, you're going to get the benefit of the doubt too.

You either buy your way out of you sob your way out, but for the rest of us, we're not special.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Having money=having a good lawyer that makes you walk free.
The poor can't afford lawyers...huge disadvantage.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Having money=having a good lawyer that makes you walk free.
The poor can't afford lawyers...huge disadvantage.

But they can belong to victim groups where advocacy groups will take up their cases on their behalf pro bono.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Of course they can but....they started defunding legal aid so the poor don't get the help as much as people really need.

I have been through it, saw the BS and paid cash...people who have no money, have no foothold on their "rights"

The guy in the OP had cash, there is the difference between what rights people think they have and what rights they really actually have.
edit on 29-4-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
That’s such a BS defence it sickens me. Being and alcoholic and addict myself(sober 1 year on Monday) this cant be farther from the truth. We know what we are doing we know it’s wrong and we do it anyway. The man is educated probably even highly so. Stating that he lacks insights only undermines his credibility to me.

Being under the influence or not of sound mind should not effect your culpability. The man was of sound mind when he decided to start drinking, what happens after is a direct result of that action made while of sound mind. Guilty guilty guilty.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The affluenza kid that went national news for killing all those people here in Texas got off as well. The youth pastor he killed was one of my best friends in High School.
I don’t know how the defense lawyers can sleep at night.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Congratulations!!! Keep it up!!!

On to the topic.

Many of us have stories like this one.

It used to be called "the good ol' boys" syndrome. Still is by me.

You scratch my back, I scratch yours. Etc...

Oh, it sucks. But it's the reality of the situation. Money and power speak much louder to some, then justice and morals do.
edit on 4/29/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

You might be surprised at how many can't, after a while. Especially young public defenders who've no choice in who they defend. They either quit, or become prosecutors.

I've not actually seen any stats on it, all anecdotal from a few lawyers I know.
edit on 4/29/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

I don’t know how the defense lawyers can sleep at night.

Ummm...hanging upside down by their talons...?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Oh, you mean like the American wife of a minor diplomat that killed a young British lad then ran away back to America claiming diplomatic immunity that she doesn't have.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

citation required .

you make the claim that his wealth ALONE is the reason for his parole

can you actually show - a valid analysis of sentencing and parole stats - that domonstrates that wealth getts lighter sentencing and earlier parole ?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Sorry, formatting sucks. This is the best I could do. Wasn't meant to be in "quotes".

Just putting "wealthy people get more parole" into my search engine [Startpage] comes up with lots of examples where money seemed to equal better treatment, early releases, parole or probation for affluent people.

Take famous ones, like OJ Simpson [even though he was rich, famous AND a minority [therefore he had a triple whammy to prevent him from going down]. There are many more, on the p=top of my head, some billionaire child rapist/murderer got a mild slap on the hand a few years ago, whilst a poor person doing far less gets life, etc, etc.

If you have never heard of any examples you simply don't read enough. It happens a lot.
edit on 29-4-2020 by Hecate666 because: showed quote but not my reply. Like it does a lot on the bottom of the page.
edit on 29-4-2020 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2020 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

as the OP story is canadian - please stick to canada

i realise that americans have " this habit " - of injecting thier annecdotes into any story about other countries - but a lot of places do things differently " shock - horror "

the simpson tiral was a farce - but hey - murica

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join