It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Election Polls

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
One of the best polls last cycle was one where they paid people being polled for 6 months. The sample sizes were not large due to costs but those nailed the election. One of the few that projected Trump the victor. The others were social media polls. Five Thirty Eight gave those polls bad ratings.

Funniest part, Five Thirty Eight shutdown their site before the election was called. They literally pulled the plug on it. Only thing left running were the IM comments. He forgot to shut that down for some reason. The comments were full of profanity and just about anything you can imagine bashing Nate Silver. It was the highlight of the night for me reading those comments. People wanted him dead.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have a friend who recently told me a story about being polled. They called her on the phone at her house. She pretended to be a Republican to throw off the pole. In reality she’s an ultra liberal.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I have a friend who recently told me a story about being polled. They called her on the phone at her house. She pretended to be a Republican to throw off the pole. In reality she’s an ultra liberal.

Childish. Accurate information benefits all.

There will be no Utopia with that kind of attitude.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Polls are naturally biased to the left, just by their nature and because of cultural issues.

The left is more likely to respond to a poll than the right. They have more dwell time in areas where polls are conducted, and are more likely to see their participation (in a poll) as somehow affecting the outcome of whatever the issue is. Plus, there's a 'feel good' factor to the polls as well, something the left is also drawn to like a bug to a bug zapper.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Locutis1704

Not once, I've had candidates robo-call me about election donations etc. but never polled. I keep getting a call about some small business loan thing from some politician in GA, where I don't even live. I've blocked the number and reported it as spam, still the same robo-call voicemail every day.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have never been polled for politics. I have for Radio ratings where Armitron, I think or Nielson, send us polls in the mail and we kept up with it for a month or so. Never at the election exits or anybody but candidates calling asking if I would vote for them back before caller ID. Now they can leave a message and if I like the message I will call back.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Locutis1704
Have you every been polled?

Yes. I was polled once by FOX and another time by the DNC. Both were phone polls and both were goddamn ponderous in the amount of questions. I want to say they were around 20 minutes each.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Polls are naturally biased to the left, just by their nature and because of cultural issues.

The left is more likely to respond to a poll than the right. They have more dwell time in areas where polls are conducted, and are more likely to see their participation (in a poll) as somehow affecting the outcome of whatever the issue is. Plus, there's a 'feel good' factor to the polls as well, something the left is also drawn to like a bug to a bug zapper.

Whut? I'm Conservative.

I counter with I'd participate if they'd bloody call, but they don't.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Childish. Accurate information benefits all.

There will be no Utopia with that kind of attitude.

I agree and lectured her about it.
I told her about how I'm part of a forum with people from the right who do that kind of stuff and asked her if she likes being just the same.
She thinks people on the right are evil and didn't like me point out the similarities.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Agreed.

Also many polls are done in high population areas and those tend to be more left.
Ever time I think about that I have to admire the forward thinking of the founders.
The ec means so much more now than it it did when it was created.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Locutis1704
Have you every been polled?

Yes. I was polled once by FOX and another time by the DNC. Both were phone polls and both were goddamn ponderous in the amount of questions. I want to say they were around 20 minutes each.

Sounds like a good way to poll though. Lots of questions.
I guess it would also depend on how the questions are worded.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I guess it would also depend on how the questions are worded.

The're loaded in a way that you can pick up which way they want things to slant.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Well , According to the Latest Fox News Poll , they have

Biden - 48%

Trump - 42 %

WTF News just Reported Black is the New Normal White Now ........

Is this at all surprising to anyone? We have Facebook, Google, Twitter, YouTube ABC, CBS, CNN, CNBC and nearly ALL major news networks and news papers and nearly ALL major social media platforms running algorithms deleting accounts that favor Trump, deleting posts that favor Trump, shadow banning, blacklisting.

Making positive Trump related search results show up only after flipping through the first 10 pages of anti-Trump propaganda. Talking heads on nearly EVERY major news network and news paper refusing to talk about the good Trump has done or is doing but run negative stories 24-7 about Trump.

This mega propaganda machine has been running full tilt for the last three and a half years! With so many gullible sheep in this country all following each others actions and regurgitating talking points given to them by the monstrous propaganda machine not having the brains to think critically or even look outside their web of lies they are surrounded by, I would be SHOCKED if Trump wins.

It is unbelievable that this man is the man the Democrats have chosen. I mean literally unbelievable. There is no way a group of people this big would vote Biden in without being seriously heavily influenced by a massive propaganda machine.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Well , when they Finally Develop Algorithms for Distinct Individuals , then we are All Fooked . Until then , stay Under the Curve Fellow Humans ,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Never been sent a poll, but I get donation letters whenever there are campaigns going on.

Not that I would ever send my hard earned money to some free loader politician.

I got one one time saying that there was a $50 check for me. I opened it up and sure enough there was a $50 check signed for the politician lol.

Yeah ok.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've been polled by phone for presidential general elections, statewide presidential primaries, congressional primaries and general elections.

You can, usually, find all the information about the poll conducted if you do a little searching. Example:

Biden (50) - Trump (42) in New Hampshire poll. The document for the poll can be found here.

Some key take-aways:

Sampling error of +/- 3.4%
820 people were polled via cell phone from randomly drawn voter data
49% identified as Democrats, 42% identified as Republicans, the remainder were 'other/unsure'

Every question asked in the poll is listed on the document I linked. When you figure out how to read the polls you find the bad ones and the good ones, every poll is a gauge with some level of accuracy. If you're expecting it to be 100% correct you're going to be 100% wrong.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Sampling error of +/- 3.4% 820 people were polled via cell phone from randomly drawn voter data 49% identified as Democrats, 42% identified as Republicans, the remainder were 'other/unsure'

That's not bad except for the 820 number.

Does anyone know of any polls that poll around 10k or more people? With an even mix of political parties and non voters?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
No, I have never been polled. And yes, the polls are fake.

More proof of that is that Biden was leading in all the polls but once people actually started voting he lost every state. Then the Dem party controllers fixed it in Carolina and bought everyone else out but Bernie.

They should just outlaw taking polls. They are a waste of time and pure propaganda speculation.

Like trying to decide who is going to win the Super Bowl before the game is played. If you want to know, just sit back and watch the game or wait for it to be over

There is no need for polls except for one side to try and make the other stay home because they know ahead of time that they cannot possibly win so why bother voting. Of course that can back fire and do the opposite, why bother voting because my candidate is already going to win.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yes, I've been polled a few times.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Polls will almost never exceed 1500 people. It's expensive and time consuming. So much so that by the time you've got your results opinions would have changed and your poll will have been irrelevant.

I've said many times before and it bears repeating, the only polls that matter are the state-run elections. Polling firms can give us an idea of what the results are but until you poll thousands of people through direct voting you can't be certain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join