It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New findings at the Gobekli Tepe site.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I agree. There is enough evidence to convince me that advanced civilizations existed on earth hundreds of thousands of years ago. If the powers that be have evidence of this they are withholding it.

Earth-wide catastrophic events occur regularly - just on a time-scale that is difficult for most to fathom.

a reply to: Baddogma

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Buvvy
I agree. There is enough evidence to convince me that advanced civilizations existed on earth hundreds of thousands of years ago. If the powers that be have evidence of this they are withholding it.

Earth-wide catastrophic events occur regularly - just on a time-scale that is difficult for most to fathom.

a reply to: Baddogma

...and why would they hide it? How could they hide it as evidence would be spread over the entire world and anyone would have access to it at any point in history. If it cannot be seen then how do the hundreds of thousands+ of the 'TPTB' over thousands of years (besides killing one another) come to know of it and all also agreeing to hide it?

Could you perhaps note down say the first three best pieces of evidence you believe points to these lost civilizations. I've been looking for them for 45+ years and zilch so far.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Pretty cool that’s they could build to such tolerance back then. Being off 25cm however is still a very far way from perfect and probably still falls in the realms of them using rudimentary measuring techniques.

Just like the supposed perfect right angles at site featured by ancient aliens. Dave Childress holds up a square and exclaims it’s a perfect right angle and then places the square to the stone. Plain as day you can see there is a gap between the stone and the measuring square meaning not a right angle and he goes on saying how perfect it is.

I want to believe so badly in ancient lost tech and high society I really really do I just don’t see it however.

a reply to: strongfp

Given that structures are right next to each other you could have done the survey much nicer and closer. You could probably see both points. However if you place points on any structure it will line up in some sort of triangle - just as long as you use three of them.

Yes, I use to talk to Childress at anther forum and he was dang sure it was that accurate - reality aside If not in our universe then others! or something.... I always got a chuckle out of that.

edit on 30/4/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I agree with the poster saying what a huge feat it was to bury this place. Not taking anything away from the humungous effort of building the complex to begin with but for whatever reason back then - injuries,lost kids, pedos stalking etc. if it became more infamous than famous &/or people just grew sick of the place you'd have to think they would have spread the word that it was now out of bounds & perhaps crudely encircled the site with marker stones/wood or scraped out a trench to highlight it was now for whatever reasons " no man's land "( then I'm sure they got bogged down for a time by that era's feminist gaggle until that decree was corrected ).
The sheer toil involved in what for them must have been a group decision to erase this place from their present day existence surely must have had an absolutely huge driving reason behind it. Wont happen in my life time I doubt but I'd be so keen to hear whether they find any linking evidence to the mass scale cataclysmic events theory being pieced together & gaining ground by Carlsson.
Perhaps we held the place in awe thinking we had appeased the God's building it only to be all but wiped out in one of Earths reset events & slowly over time the following civilization viewed it not only as bunk at preventing God's wrath but that it had pithed him off & brought about doomsday & so had to be erased from present day.
A possibility ?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That’s pretty cool you had correspondence with him! I do find him entertaining and he certainly gets an A for effort.

a reply to: Hanslune

edit on 30-4-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Do you work for the Smithsonian by chance ? You have to keep your eyes and ears open . Just because National Geographic says something doesn’t mean you have to believe . I listen to the news and politicians but I sure don’t believe everything they have to say .

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wheres Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock when you need them.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

Do you work for the Smithsonian by chance ? You have to keep your eyes and ears open . Just because National Geographic says something doesn’t mean you have to believe . I listen to the news and politicians but I sure don’t believe everything they have to say .

No I never worked for a US museum or magazine. I do hope your not going to obsess over the stories about them stealing all the US giant bones! I worked oversea most of my life mainly Europe, South America and the Middle East.

No one believes politicians - at least I hope they don't.

Archaeologist tend to want to find new stuff, if you find something great you get tenure, choice courses to teach, grants, assistants, labs, book deals and maybe a documentary or an institute with your name on it. Finding stuff good not finding stuff bad.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
Wheres Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock when you need them.

Graham Hancock is living in luxury on his book and lecture funds gathered from his adorning fans. Randall is probably trying to find someone he could talk to and make something entertaining up.
edit on 30/4/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Most things are possible, but you have judge possibilities with the harder task masters; plausibility and probably.

Agreed to that and the rest you wrote. I've always appreciated your open mind tempered by expertise grounded in the literal ground!

It was Corliss and Fort who first infected me as a wee lad.

As to natural tiles, yes, nature is the master builder! I brought up that TA's story as it stuck with me due to his expertise and opinion that the site was not natural, even after too much schooling.

But the UofA had it's kooks and there was a drawer devoted to Bigfoot in the anthro basement, after all ... so ... who knows.

I'll just leave it at of course we're going to find surprises if we keep digging and I bet the ocean might hold some, too, regarding human history. Heh, maybe they'll find that Gobekli Tepe is a garden on top of a two klick high tower!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

Yes. Unfortunately for all Earthlings, they may be cyclic, too. Hope not.

I've always thought the arguments for Catastrophism are far more compelling than for Uniformitarianism (whew- was that the word??).

Even with the crappy info out there, there are compelling arguments pointing to this planet being ...er "self-cleaning."

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Most things are possible, but you have judge possibilities with the harder task masters; plausibility and probably.

Agreed to that and the rest you wrote. I've always appreciated your open mind tempered by expertise grounded in the literal ground!

It was Corliss and Fort who first infected me as a wee lad.

As to natural tiles, yes, nature is the master builder! I brought up that TA's story as it stuck with me due to his expertise and opinion that the site was not natural, even after too much schooling.

But the UofA had it's kooks and there was a drawer devoted to Bigfoot in the anthro basement, after all ... so ... who knows.

I'll just leave it at of course we're going to find surprises if we keep digging and I bet the ocean might hold some, too, regarding human history. Heh, maybe they'll find that Gobekli Tepe is a garden on top of a two klick high tower!

People will certainly keep digging. I hear from former students and my own class mates a few who are still working. About 15,000 papers a year on anthropology, archaeology, geology and kindred concepts get published each year. Much of it is noting; minor changes, speculation a new theory based on old ideas or information. Like additional sub categories of Cypriot pottery but a few bring to light amazing things either as new finds or re-looks of the old.

One of the interesting things I use to do was preview Archaeology 101 type text books. It is remarkable how much archaeology and other sciences associated with its challenges have changed from the the late 60.

Deep time DNA has had a tremendous affect, use of imaging and other advances. Less that 1/100 of 1 percent of the surface of the planet has been properly excavated.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sorry for the late reply to this, but I believe what you're thinking of is a study from a not very far away site called Catalhyouk.
It's actually fairly interesting, the site was settled and gained prominence as the use of Gobekli was ending.
As far as I know of Gobekli there is only some hints of the possibility of seed spreading as a very basic form of farming.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RuneSpider

Paper

The paper is titled Cereal Processing at Early Neolithic Gobekli Tepe.
edit on 4-7-2020 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Paper

From the paper you linked too

Thus, at Göbekli Tepe, we have evidence of feasting, tentatively including the use of fermented beverages, as an incentive to participate in large-scale construction work

Beer and pizza for those that help you move - still a human tradition it would seem - or the extended family get to gether

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: peter vlar

Paper

From the paper you linked too

Thus, at Göbekli Tepe, we have evidence of feasting, tentatively including the use of fermented beverages, as an incentive to participate in large-scale construction work

Beer and pizza for those that help you move - still a human tradition it would seem - or the extended family get to gether

I think the real point is that the researchers aren't proposing that this is evidence of farming but of build periods happening when gathering could produce enough food to support the feasting needed for the labor, at least as I read it.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
GT is just even moved evidence supporting what Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson have been saying for years. This dates back to 12,800+ years ago, and the construction and significant 3D structures where they had to carve around the images, not into the stone, is mesmerizing. This site would have taken masses of humans, significant and experienced detailed planning and execution. This site demonstrates experience, expertise. This is just more evidence of a lost, advanced, ancient civilization.

Modern mainstream archeologists are panicking.
edit on 9/26/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4ngo
GT is just even moved evidence supporting what Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson have been saying for years. This dates back to 12,800+ years ago, and the construction and significant 3D structures where they had to carve around the images, not into the stone, is mesmerizing. This site would have taken masses of humans, significant and experienced detailed planning and execution. This site demonstrates experience, expertise. This is just more evidence of a lost, advanced, ancient civilization.

GT was probably built by HG and is not an ancient civilization. Civilization means cities and writing - no sign of such.

You might want to look at Catalhuyuck for another interesting society that was found by archaeologists.

Seriously who found GT? Mainstream archaeologist, who is excavating it? Mainstream archaeologists. Who have published hundreds of papers about GT = mainstream archaeologists. No one is panicking except the fringe.

Hancock is panicking as demonstrated by his constantly changing his story where the lost civilization is for each book he writes. Remember his first one he placed the civilization in the Antarctic now he has one in North America - with no evidence...oops. This last time he said he wouldn't even try to provide evidence - because he doesn't have any.

Where next then for the lost Civilization? Mole men? Mars, Venus, I predict he'll go inter-dimensional. No evidence for that either.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

GT was probably built by HG and is not an ancient civilization. Civilization means cities and writing - no sign of such.

You might want to look at Catalhuyuck for another interesting society that was found by archaeologists.

Seriously who found GT? Mainstream archaeologist, who is excavating it? Mainstream archaeologists. Who have published hundreds of papers about GT = mainstream archaeologists. No one is panicking except the fringe.

Hancock is panicking as demonstrated by his constantly changing his story where the lost civilization is for each book he writes. Remember his first one he placed the civilization in the Antarctic now he has one in North America - with no evidence...oops. This last time he said he wouldn't even try to provide evidence - because he doesn't have any.

Where next then for the lost Civilization? Mole men? Mars, Venus, I predict he'll go inter-dimensional. No evidence for that either.

If a cataclysmic event, which the evidence points to being, destroyed the civilization, then you wouldn’t find a lot because it would all be destroyed. GT demonstrates expertise, which means thousands of hours of practice. Where are the sites where it shows they evolved? Hmmm... Extreme coordination of hundreds, probably thousands of people. The stone carvings are 3D. Do you even understand what that means? HG or not, this CIVILIZATION was advance.

edit on 9/27/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I presume you accept that the mainstream found, excavated and published the information on GT and that no one is hiding it?

If a cataclysmic event, which the evidence points to being, destroyed the civilization, then you wouldn’t find a lot because it would all be destroyed.

In some cases but said catie would leave clear indications that it had occurred:

I don't recall any evidence that the Middle east or 4,000 kilometers around it were destroyed during the time of man.

There is the possibility of a hit in Greenland but we don't yet know the date yet. A meteorite strike will not destroy stone tools in the ground except at the point of impact.

GT demonstrates expertise, which means thousands of hours of practice.

Yep

Where are the sites where it shows they evolved?

There are literally thousands of un-excavated sites in the fertile crescent alone (I helped in a survey of those in the 80s.) less than 1/1000 of 1% of the world's land surface has been excavated. That should answer your question.

Hmmm... Extreme coordination of hundreds, probably thousands of people. The stone carvings are 3D. Do you even understand what that means?

Yes but you don't seem to cultures can do that not just civilizations

HG or not, this CIVILIZATION was advance.

Yawn, nope it was (based on the evidence we currently have) a culture not a civilization.

In some parts of the world and in the Fertile Crescent a minimum density of 250,000-50,000 stone artifacts per square kilometer is found, almost all made by cultures not civilizations.

Okay if you would explain your definition of what separates a culture from a civilization since you reject the consensus view?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join