It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politico retracts article claiming Trump owes money to a Chinese bank

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Politico Quietly Admits Their 'Trump Owes China Millions' Article Was Fake News With Midnight Correction

Remember the recent Politico hit piece claiming Trump owes millions of dollars to the Bank of China from a 2012 land deal? Yeah, they just retracted the article.

Politico admitted that they hadn't contacted the Bank of China before going to print, and had relied on public documents. Following the report, the Bank of China told the outlet that they had 'sold off, or securitized, its debt shortly after the 2012 deal,' and that the bank has no current financial interest in any properties related to the Trump Organization.

Apparently, none of these guys have ever had a mortgage. Because standard practice these days is the bank immediately sells off your mortgage to someone else. They don't want to sit around and wait 20 years while mortgage payments dribble in; they want their money now. When we bought our house, within a few months the mortgage was sold and I was writing the mortgage payment to a different company.

Stick to chanting "Russia Russia Russia" guys.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Politico has historically been reasonable than the big news networks.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You sure about that?
Look up a few things about them then tell me who they are really working for.
Even FOX news has a few things to say about them.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

therefore, Trump never owed money... or..??the documents available were made up? or they didn't have the banks transactions or the documents were just documents made available via public notaries based on official documents?

I'm missing the perfectly logical explanation

if only tax returns could surface... we'd see all the fake news behind the secretive dealings of saint Lord Trump.

he sure has a lot of nothing to hide...

edit on 28-4-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

This land deal wouldn't likely be on trumps personal tax returns.
This was probably a group of investment companies or a single investment firm borrowing the funds, not individuals.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If the deal was on his return that would be a stupid move on his part. I do think he is dumb but definitely not stupid. I mean he did become president after all.
But your correct those type of deals mostly never come from one individual.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

therefore, Trump never owed money... or..??the documents available were made up? or they didn't have the banks transactions or the documents were just documents made available via public notaries based on official documents?

if only tax returns could surface... we'd see all the fake news behind the secretive dealings of saint Lord Trump.

First, there was nothing illegal or even immoral with this transaction. Politico isn't even claiming otherwise. The implication of the report was that Trump owed money to the Bank of China, and was therefore beholden to the Chinese. We now find out that Trump does not, in fact, owe any money to the Bank of China, because the loan was re-sold to some other random financial entity. [Which the Politico staff would know if they'd done due diligence in the first place. Or if they hadn't spent their adult lives living in their parents' basements.]

Politico was probably also trying to distract from Hunter Biden, who is sitting on the board of a Chinese company, and is apparently still on the board of Burisma, in both cases clearly to serve as a means of peddling influence for his father.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Right.
Investors are always protected by an LLC or something similar.
The idea that trump will have some sort of damning evidence on his tax returns is ridiculous.

As you said, he's not stupid.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: carewemust

You sure about that?
Look up a few things about them then tell me who they are really working for.
Even FOX news has a few things to say about them.

Faux News talks about everybody and anybody.

edit on 28/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Yeah, before Trump was president he owed a Chinese bank some money for about five minutes. Now he doesn’t owe them anymore.
If you don’t see a perfectly logical explanation it’s because he’s orange and you wanted Hillary to win.

top topics

join