It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay OUT of THE RAIN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Pretty interesting stuff..

I wonder if the evaporation/condensation/precipitation process actually affects any viruses or bacteria that might be inside it, rather than simply being a possible carrier.

Id honestly look at this as a good thing. The more general bacteria/viruses/etc. that folks can still get exposed to while remaining in lockdown might mimic natural, normal daily exposure that we used to get.. to an extent at least.

More interesting thoughts!

I've been taking probiotics, but I know it's not enough to keep my immune system robust. Think I will stand in the rain, next chance I have.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Finding bits of genetic code doesn't mean that the virus is still dangerous. It may actually be one reason so many people have the antibodies that never had any symptoms. Down comes pieces of virus or such low levels of virus that the body develops antibodies.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

By all means, stay inside.

Understand though that at some point, someone has to venture out into the wide, contaminated world in order to bring the things that make your sheltered indoor life possible.

What do you advise they do to avoid the rain?

Perhaps we do a Snowpiercer and attempt to alter earth's climate so violently that all the liquid water freezes out of the atmosphere and falls to the ground. Then there would be no more rain to worry you.

I also hope that you live in a hermetically sealed bubble so that particles of air pollution cannot ever find their way into your abode. Do you have every possible entry and egress and vent covered over with sheet plastic that's duct taped up to prevent that from happening as much as possible?

I'm not discounting this possibility, but instead saying that at some point, you just have to live with it the same way we live with every other seasonal virus. You're not going to stay virus free until they come up with a cure.

I spoke with the President and he suggested to carry a brolly and wear your wellies.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
And while we are at it, might as well stop breathing too. The virus is airborne afterall. With the exception of the elderly and those with medical complications, I think it’s beneficial to catch this thing so our bodies can produce a natural immunity and that herd immunity they talk about can take effect.

I have no reason to dance in the rain or intentionally aquire this virus but I don’t have any intention of hiding from life in general. Too many different things that can kill one like guns, cars, busses or trains. If it’s my time to go, it’s my time to go.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well it is nice to come back and find that not quite everyone's got rakes and pitchforks ready for a lynching ! !

My experience with rain is honestly hard won , and if it's not illness ( given the immunity side ) staying in even dried out clothes that have had rain on makes you feel grim. That and the clothes themselves feel dirty ... and that's because they are.

It's not the same but similar , if you do a few miles with a pack on and then stop to camp , get a wash and change your t-shirt straightaway . If not you sit there and get cold ...really cold , as the temperature drops .
It's not about being hard it's about being savvy . Anyone who doesn't want to take survival advice , that's up to you.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Realistically.. If you found yourself getting constantly sick from rain, how closely did you examine things like diet and general immune system health?

I mean, I used to backpack *constantly*, actually grew up doing it, even worked as a wilderness forest ranger in an area with a pretty good amount of precipitation (rained pretty much every day). ETA: never got sick from it, as far as I can tell. Probably the healthiest time of my life, when I was doing that sort of thing in earnest.

Definitely good to keep body temps stable through it all though.
edit on 28-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sure is clear that the hardest hit by all this are the mentally ill

I feel so bad for them

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

As you know (see page 2) there's bacteria virus and fungus in rain.
If you're talking illness versus general malaise then most times rain has caused the latter. But a few times flu like symptoms have developed and these occurences were correlated with rain before the 2018 research came out.

Gardeners don't do anything inside. You get to know what's what with the environment . As for food gaining weight has never been easy you get to learn the value of decent meals , food state vitamins , enough water intake , early enough bedtimes , all of that.

Immunity wise I don't get ill I don't allow that to happen , which is what's being recommended . That said they're finding all kinds of natural immunity being imparted from soil : eating sandwiches with dirty hands , no problem . Rainy days , problem . Simple remedial measures required .

Iv been to the states and it's most likely much cleaner rain than round most of Europe . The difference between 350 and 800 million is quite a lot. Cascadia I should think is lucky , even the sea in the English channel and north sea is often filthy water containing all kinds of pathogens . Compare that to the Pacific you probably have much cleaner rain . It'd be worth finding out if these studies which have found coronavirus on air pollution have been conducted in the states too .

That said wherever it is ( in this case the Alps) I'd like to know how it got there and hope it's not still viable ( could be dead casings like you suggested )

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
never mind... -- deleted
edit on 28-4-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am a firm believer in this rain theory. After hearing about this I have stayed out of the rain as much as possible. But the twist that I was informed about years ago is to not go outside during a rain or even the next day if it is windy without a mask. The wind is picking up everything that is molding and decomposing in the soil and carrying it into your nose and mouth and lungs.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes,I have been staying home with my husband.I have
only gone out to the store and the mailbox! We have
also watched a lot of re-runs on TV,thursdays is Chicago
PD day!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Brolly and wellies?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Found some Covid-19 on my Left Nut the other day , then I just Swabbed it with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and All is Good Now . What ? Me Worry ?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Sure is clear that the hardest hit by all this are the mentally ill

I feel so bad for them

Don't be , Most of them Own Dehumidifiers . They are Not that Crazy .
edit on 28-4-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Brolly and wellies?

I believe they mean umbrella and rain boots/galoshes.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh farewell cruel world! We were cleaning out our basement and garage and while I was taking things out to the dumpster, it rained on me today. We live barely 7 miles north of a viral hotspot, so I am sure that I will begin to fall ill any day now.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

oh darn, I have been in the rain every time this month , which was only like six or seven times so far. Been kind of dry, only starting to rain since week 2. I am actually speaking to you from beyond the grave, I already died from COVID rain. And then everyone took their phone out, pointed at me and laughed, and continued to dance on my corpse for the lulz. All I could hear was "mmmhmmm, see there, we told you. I hope all yall fools die for going outside! And then we gonna go outside and be all like told ya so !!"

so its on our shoe, in the air, on the rain, everything else that makes you sick is related to it symptoms.... I recommend kill yourself right now so COVID cannot get you later.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'm guessing this getting sick (in general, not specifically CCP-CoV) from being rained on pertains only to the severely immune compromised? I go out in the rain all the time. The kids love running out in the rain as well. None of us have ever gotten sick within 3 months of staying out in the rain.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If it's in the air,

then OMG DON'T BREATHE!!!!!!

anyway, im still gonna play it safe and keep distance from folks and go back to work on Monday. We're called back in. If things get worse, they get worse and we shut down again. It''ll be what it'll be.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: mamabeth

Brolly and wellies?

I believe they mean umbrella and rain boots/galoshes.

A star for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join