It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay OUT of THE RAIN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Sigh, you're not getting my point. Being afraid of the rain is like being afraid of my books.

Let me explain....

I'm a collector of old science fiction. I have books from the 30s and 40s. The polio vaccine wasn't used in the U.S. till the mid 50s. Should I be afraid of my books ? I mean, they could be contaminated.

Never mind that I've had some of them for 20 years, as an overabundance of caution, I should just burn them, right ?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Jesus. He just shared a story about hypothesized virii and bacteria in the upper atmosphere. He didn't kick your puppy. Ease up, science hater. No one said you can't go outside today.

SMDH

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
virus on air pollution particles

Coronavirus has been detected on particles of air pollution by scientists investigating whether this could enable it to be carried over longer distances and increase the number of people infected.

The work is preliminary and it is not yet known if the virus remains viable on pollution particles and in sufficient quantity to cause disease.

The Italian scientists used standard techniques to collect outdoor air pollution samples at one urban and one industrial site in Bergamo province and identified a gene highly specific to Covid-19 in multiple samples. The detection was confirmed by blind testing at an independent laboratory.

Several other studies have confirmed these findings see link. Air in alpine regions has also been found to be contaminated with Corona .

Having been a gardener for most of my life , I know this well , that rain can carry micro organisms down from the air where they settle upon you , and encounters with rain are best mitigated by a hot shower and a change of clothes immediately afterwards .

Otherwise , illnesses ensue. Having outdoor experience I was once asked by clients several years ago if a group of venture scouts up in the hills should be called back after a night out which got them soaked . They were told the above reasoning to confirm that as being the best plan and indeed several of the scouts became ill afterwards .

With the linked studies in mind , don't bother waiting the months or years mentioned for scientific confirmation ....just take this advice: stay out of the rain.

Let's just remind ourselves why :

Transmission via droplets

Lengthened viability of microcultures in water

Virus on airbourne particles

Moisture vapour accumulates on airbourne particles

Accumulated moisture becomes rain

Rain causes lack sunlight

Sunlight / UV and dryness limits virus viability

160 000 UK people are confirmed to be breathing out contaminated air as of 27 April 2020

A similar higher number in France have the disease and that's where today's uk rain is coming from .

So again , stay out of the rain. It's a good day to stay at home .

This is a useful website which maps precipitation in real time ( mobile version )

rain today

I’m a life long resident of the PNW.

I’ve been rained on. A LOT. For my entire life.

I’ve made it this far, got rained on yesterday even, and feel fine.

Turns out, millions of other people live in the PNW too. And they’re still kicking.

So you can tell your stories and I’ll show you millions of people who are just fine - of all ages even! - that suggests rain in fact does not require immediate disinfecting of your clothes and body after getting wet.

This is bologna.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a question for you...if you cover all the vents
with plastic,won't the air inside become stale and toxic?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Does this mean farmers will not be allowed to use rain water for their crops this year?

OMG, rain water goes into lakes, ponds, ect. Lakes and ponds supply drinking water to the masses!!!! It's in our water supply! Eeep!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Lets not sweat the minor little details, besides breathing is over rated.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Breathing may be over rated,but I have gotten used to
it for the past 65 years.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Have people been actually staying home?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: tanstaafl
Jesus. He just shared a story about hypothesized virii and bacteria in the upper atmosphere.

Which is completely and totally irrelevant.

We each and every one of us have hundreds of trillions of viruses living inside us all the time.

So what if some (thousands? millions?) exist in the atmosphere?

He didn't kick your puppy.
No, he is just contributing to the irrational fear-mongering that is destroying my world.

Ease up, science hater. No one said you can't go outside today.

Get off my lawn, fear-monger.

SMDH

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I said this back in Feburary but no one really listened to me oh well!

Hate to see I was right!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh and I forgot the most important part... I have a kid coming up on 2 years old that just like dad is solar powered.

Yea staying inside all the time is a big no, cause heck we have heavy dew where I am at should we beware that, what about wind carrying it outside the big city hot spots, or how about my wifes car it sits outside all day.

You can worry yourself into locking yourself in a climate controlled environment... wait what about the filters for your ac unit when was the last time they were changed.

Lastly there was a movie 15 yrs or so back about a nuke or biological attack where the husband who was home at the time followed the govt recommendations plastic sheeting and tape, refused to let his wife in cause she might contaminate the house found a broken window later and taped everything off then more plastic sheeting over the tape. Basically he turned his home into a hotbox for the danger, and at the end of the movie they literally walled him off inside his home because it was to contaminated to risk entering.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Pretty interesting stuff..

I wonder if the evaporation/condensation/precipitation process actually affects any viruses or bacteria that might be inside it, rather than simply being a possible carrier.

Id honestly look at this as a good thing. The more general bacteria/viruses/etc. that folks can still get exposed to while remaining in lockdown might mimic natural, normal daily exposure that we used to get.. to an extent at least.
edit on 28-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: Couldnt just call it rain

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The simple solution is to stop breathing.
Dig a good deep hole and have a good friend cover it with soil.
Don't forget the hand sanitizer.
This is a guaranteed way to avoid catching a case of the sniffles.
edit on 28-4-2020 by Homefree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, it's been raining and snowing on and off for the last two months here. Right smack dab in the middle of this whole thing and our town has zero confirmed cases. I do not deny that viruses and bacteria can spread via weather. That has been happening since the beginning of time, I'm sure.

If going into a public place like Walmart, where people are packed like sardines and some are walking around coughing and hacking openly, hasn't caused a single case here, I'm not sure how being out in the rain is going to somehow be a major vector. If rain was a dangerous method of transmission for viruses, just imagine what would have happened when SARS and MERS were big news. We'd have seen a huge explosion of cases then, but we didn't. Those diseases ran their courses and we hear very little of them now.

You can feel free to avoid rain, but I have to work to pay the bills. That means going out regardless of the weather.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
< sigh >

At this rate, it's more humane to start handing out cyanide pills to the people afraid of everything PLUS the kitchen sink that can be conceivably linked to Covid in any manner. The world would acquire herd immunity quicker & snap back to normality so much faster that way.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I don't know. I do know it was one of the early pieces of advice to people who lived in apartment buildings with shared air systems when it was first discovered that this thing was somewhat airborn. It's also something they recommend should you ever have to survive a sustained volcanic ashfall -- that you cover most vents and entries with sheet plastic to keep the fine particulates out as much as possible so you don't get them down in your lungs.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

LOL!!! I suppose it does have it's uses.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ridiculous. There's no question for me, now, I'd rather get this and take my chances.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's lots of fun, blasting away at the OP.

Read the fine print. Settle down to the actual science.

They found gene sequences. The article assumes that means the virus. But since UV light breaks down the weak hydrogen bonds in DNA, it stands to reason that the gene sequences they have found are denatured remnants of viroid sheaths.

Like the spent shell casings lying around after a gunfight.

There is a minority view that the Black Death was not a bubonic plague at all, but rather a virus spread on particulate matter (which was denser in cities). The original term for it got transferred to a later disease: "Malaria." Literally bad air.

The plague record show it spreading on prevailing winds downwind from cities, and it spread to places where rats were rare until AFTER 1500 AD---like the rats were following the plague, and not vice versa.

If the air DOES have segmented corona sequences, it is possible your body could be acquiring immunity from the rain....

This would explain why other coronavirus quickly seem to lose their potency after becoming a regional threat.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Interesting thoughts...thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join