It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay OUT of THE RAIN

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

if - as claimed - teh rain makes you ill - then maybee someone could post the correlation between the monsoon season - and mass illnesses - in countries that are monsoon climates

thats the most predictable rain i can recall - affecting the environment of nearly 2 billion people - thus a trend should be apparent - if this claim is true

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: tanstaafl

Does the linked guardian report state coronavirus has been found on air pollution particles ?

Yes , categorically

Does it state that scientists are investigating if this fact could increase infection rates ?

Yes .

Is there a possibility that rain could spread coronavirus onto you ?

You answer this question then , attack the post not the poster ..

By that logic, the majority of us have already been exposed before the lockdown.

Ergo, most of us did not get sick, and we can go back to work now....please. The ringing in my head from the amplifiers is going away!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hmmmm..... that’s kind of interesting ....when I grew up acid rain was an issue . I remember being scared of the rain after hearing about it on the news all the time .... It rained here yesterday for the first time in months ...It will be Iinteresting (and sad ) to see if the virus count goes up in our county now .... And.people don’t usually take a shower after getting caught in The rain , they just dry off, change clothes if they can.... thanks for posting this, there is still so much about this virus we don’t know .

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What stole your childhood?
For me, it was the beatles.
How dare they. I hate them.
Paul said they all stopped
randomly fornicating just in time.

I have been waiting for this.
Congratulations, you are that guy.
Wear a rubber?
And forever.

Shove it.

# 1106

edit on 28-4-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

By all means, stay inside.

Understand though that at some point, someone has to venture out into the wide, contaminated world in order to bring the things that make your sheltered indoor life possible.

What do you advise they do to avoid the rain?

Perhaps we do a Snowpiercer and attempt to alter earth's climate so violently that all the liquid water freezes out of the atmosphere and falls to the ground. Then there would be no more rain to worry you.

I also hope that you live in a hermetically sealed bubble so that particles of air pollution cannot ever find their way into your abode. Do you have every possible entry and egress and vent covered over with sheet plastic that's duct taped up to prevent that from happening as much as possible?

I'm not discounting this possibility, but instead saying that at some point, you just have to live with it the same way we live with every other seasonal virus. You're not going to stay virus free until they come up with a cure.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
cloudy with a chance of viruses

For decades, genetically identical viruses have been found in very distant parts of the world. Scientists determined that the bugs were hitchhiking on airborne particles that are swept up into the atmosphere and carried long distances before being deposited back to the surface.

"Roughly 20 years ago we began finding genetically similar viruses occurring in very different environments around the globe," says Curtis Suttle, senior author on the new study. "This preponderance of long-residence viruses traveling the atmosphere likely explains why — it's quite conceivable to have a virus swept up into the atmosphere on one continent and deposited on another."

The mechanism may have been known, but it wasn't clear just how many viruses and bacteria were using this method to get around. Conducted by scientists at the University of British Columbia, University of Granada and San Diego State University, the new study set about quantifying that number.

Thanks for all the lovely responses , this article from 2018

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: nerbot

Ok...maybe hide in the closet ? No Wait, there's spooky things in there too ! I KNOW ! Under the blankets! Blankets are the magic shield that, as long as you keep your head under the covers, nothing can get you.

new York post

you like to start out your day by opening your window for a big breath of fresh air you might want to rethink your habits a bit. A new study reveals that viruses are raining down from above on a non-stop basis, no matter where you live on the planet. As it turns out, Earth is kind of a gross place.

The research, which was published in the International Society for Microbial Ecology Journal, found that Earth’s atmosphere is really, really good at transporting viruses all over the planet. Hundreds of millions of viruses are pushed skyward by winds and carried aloft for thousands of miles before tumbling back down on whatever and whoever happens to be hanging out below. Neat!

“Every day, more than 800 million viruses are deposited per square meter above the planetary boundary layer — that’s 25 viruses for each person in Canada,” University of British Columbia virologist Curtis Suttle explains. “Roughly 20 years ago we began finding genetically similar viruses occurring in very different environments around the globe. This preponderance of long-residence viruses traveling the atmosphere likely explains why — it’s quite conceivable to have a virus swept up into the atmosphere on one continent and deposited on another.”

The researchers gathered samples from a high altitude by traveling to the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California. There, they found billions of viruses and bacteria that were riding high, many of which are thought to have been pushed skyward by powerful ocean sprays. The viruses and bacteria then fall back to Earth, often thanks to weather events like rain or even dust clouds. The biological bits are often carried in the troposphere, which the researchers note is below the stratospheres where commercial jetliners cruise but higher than the clouds.

Obviously, the viruses floating high above our heads and eventually landing all around us aren’t all bad. The vast majority aren’t capable of attacking human cells anyway and most viruses that are simply come and go before we even notice them. As for bacteria, our bodies are havens for all kinds of bacteria that do us no harm whatsoever. Scientists have estimated that the average human body is home to as many as 100 trillion bacterial cells, many of which we couldn’t live without.

2018 " media fear mongering "

Still singing in the pandemic rain Dave ?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Meldionne1

I remember being scared of the rain after hearing about it on the news all the time ....

It was a bad time for everybody ...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You know ....another thing that I have been wondering about is smoke ...The American Indians used to use it as a form of chemical warfare ... they’d put poison ivy in the fire and let the wind blow the smoke towards their enemy ....lately, the Florida keys have been smokey and hazey from the fires in Cuba. It’s suppose to be the sugar cane fields and wild fires , but who knows ...the smoke has been drifting over here nonstop for several days now . I couldn’t help but wonder what other crap was in the smoke ???...(is anyone on this site from Cuba that can weight in ..)..... but who’s to say you can’t burn corona virus infected people or fires to create a smoke weapon for people’s lungs ?... just saying ...

edit on 28-4-2020 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2020 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: tanstaafl
Does the linked guardian report state coronavirus has been found on air pollution particles ?

Yes , categorically

Really. Categorically. Well, that's different... NOT...

You obviously believe the crap-crud fear-mongering.

So, by all means... stay out of the rain. Makes more room for those of use to enjoy it without a bunch of fear-mongers getting in the way.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I live in Central Illinois and it's Spring...which means RAIN.
I've been out in it several times over the last couple of months.
Still not sick.

Look,it's nothing personal,, but folks are seriously fed up with constantly pushing the panic button over every little thing.
Be afraid is the key message.

Be afraid of your friends, neighbors, shopping carts, dooknobs and now it's rain. Hell, they want you to be afraid of breathing !! That study is basically saying that just getting a breath of fresh air could possibly, maybe, might kill you.

People are committing suicide over the fear mongering and messages of doom, despair and hopelessness.
Where does it end ?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Herd immunity time. We can't all live inside in fear forever. If someone is in the danger zone such as over 70, had cancer, etc. they can self isolate. The rest of us can move along.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
what a BS psyop this whole stupid charade is.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Rain Sound and Rainforest Animals Sound - Relaxing Sleep

Ah so...calming

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
Seriously guys... Open up your front door and get back to work. Staying in is going to kill more people in the long run.

It DOES kill people, or rather...get them to kill themselves.

A good friend hung herself last friday after a session of video conferencing with family in the UK and the addition of alcohol to maximise depression and hopelessness. The funeral was yesterday.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

There's a big difference between fear mongering and knowing a thing or two.

We know you don't like fear mongering , and it's getting boring , not to mention useless .

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Does this mean farmers will not be allowed to use rain water for their crops this year?

I’m afraid so. They must use bwando.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I download a lot of this kind of stuff, this is awesome.

New to me. Thanks, this puts me to sleep. I love this stuff.

edit on 28-4-2020 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Fear, FEAR...and more FEAR!

We need more FEAR!!

Bootsy, why ya' got stars on ya eyes???

% You've got a real type of thing goin' on, gettin' down
There's a whole lot of FEAR goin' round

Ow, we want the FEAR
Give up the FEAR
Owww, we need the FEAR
Gotta' have that FEAR
Owww, we need the FEAR
Gotta' have that FEAR

La, la, la, la, la
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, OWww…

You got a real type of thing goin' down, gettin' down
There's a whole lotta' FEAR goin' round

**SING IT WITH ME, Y'ALL!!**

Owww, we want the FEAR
Give us the FEAR
Oww, we want the FEAR
Gotta' have that FEAR

edit on 4/28/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
Seriously guys... Open up your front door and get back to work. Staying in is going to kill more people in the long run.

It DOES kill people, or rather...get them to kill themselves.

A good friend hung herself last friday after a session of video conferencing with family in the UK and the addition of alcohol to maximise depression and hopelessness. The funeral was yesterday.

Sorry for your loss.
I understand mental health is breaking down in most of us.

But once supply chains start to break down... That's when these chicken littles will really feel the fear

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join