It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you not wish Dear Leader had a LITTLE more backbone?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: fencesitter85

I have decided that effective from last week, I will let Vic spit and speak for me about government and coronavirus - the bloke sums up in 4 minutes what ATS can't articulate in 6 weeks.....

So yes, I wish Trump had the backbone of this bloke when it comes to this fiasco.

You ready for some swear words intermixed with a very clear message?

Good.

That was GLORIOUS and PERFECT!!!!!! I love that dude!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Meniscus

By attacking him they are by proxy attacking those that voted for him. When they insult him they insult his supporters. That is why he is cheered on by them when he fights back. 

You're just proving OP right. First by saying he has TDS and then by saying criticism (attacks) on trump are attacks on his supporters. Cult-like mentality. All POTUS's get criticism. Associating yourself with a POTUS' criticism as a personal attack on supporters is not healthy.

edit on 28-4-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
As for the OP, I’ve fired quite a few people over the years in the restaurant biz and have fired two people in my current career. It’s safe to say not a single politician would make it past interview #1, never mind a background check/social media screening.

Hell, a good portion of those I have fired have been good at the actual job but their personalities got them the boot. No one cares if you’re excellent at what you do if you’re an intolerable asshole who can’t stop causing trouble or creating disturbances.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You could say the same about Obama. He had to deal with constant lies from right wing media abouf him. He stoud his ground against the right wing and pushed a more progressive agenda.

Except i know obama deserves criticism and so does Trump.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Meniscus

By attacking him they are by proxy attacking those that voted for him. When they insult him they insult his supporters. That is why he is cheered on by them when he fights back. 

You're just proving OP right. First by saying he has TDS and then by saying criticism (attacks) on trump are attacks on his supporters. Cult-like mentality. All POTUS's get criticism. Associating yourself with a POTUS' criticism as a personal attack on supporters is not healthy.

The criticism of this President is far more personal and over the top than in the past. I'm saying they like that he defends himself. I personally get a kick out of it sometimes. And the OP does have TDS.
edit on 28-4-2020 by Meniscus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Trump comes from the corporate world, where the culture is for the executive to say sh# that everyone knows is not going to happen, but you just put stuff out there, "put ideas in their heads" to show them a subjunctive reality they don't want, to make the outcome seem more favorable.

So you talk about a trade war with Canada, over the price of steel pipe that US firms ship over the northern border, have it "machined" and sent back over the border a week later to claim an import waiver and avoid taxes by the power of NAFTA.

You do that to show the Chi-coms that you mean business, because they have their doubts. Then you come after them, loaded for bear. They blink, and fold because of what you did to Canada.

Standard operating procedure in commercial real estate; like your firm threatens to move to Texas to convince your lefty governor, who already has a reputation as a job killer, to let your company not pay any state business tax for the next 5 years.

Also happens to be the way business is done in Iran and Moscow.

It is NOT the way authoritarian leaders operate--they cannot afford to have said something that they will have to "walk back" later.

I can't think of a logical reason that any US voter would pick on Trump and Not pick on Biden. They are literally tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee.

From the sex-scandals, to the anti-science soundbites, to failing junior-high geography. I remember Biden pulling out of the 1988 presidential race for lying about his college academic record, plagiarism, and inventing a civil rights activism record.

That isn't what-about-sim. It's to say that these two politicians, though opposed ideologically, both represent their generation stylistically, in a way that looks flat-out unprofessional to younger voters.

It's like Fred Flinstone's management style. It looks spineless, if you weren't around to vote for Ronald Reagan.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I am intersted in the psychology of those who would elect a 'strong' leader. Surely a strong leader will dominate. But there seems to be no consideration of who gets dominated. A strong leader is not able to dominate other strong leaders, nor can they actually dominate those that they have no position of authority over. So, therefore, they dominate those who grant them authority - those who elect them. To me, it appears that this is some sort of masochism on behalf of their sycophants.

What is truly required in a great leader is the ability to be led by the will of the people they govern. A savvy leader will compromise on irrelevancies to ensure the best outcomes for their constituents.

In this regard, a great leader must understand that a strategic withdrawal can sometime turn the tide of battle and ultimately win the war. (Case in point; there is a legend that a Russian force of infantry and bowmen were warring with a mounted and heavily armed force of Crusader German Knights. The Russians withdrew, drawing the Germans after them, over a frozen lake. The Germans followed, on horseback, in armor, with heavy weapons and they slipped on the ice, and so, could not fight against the lighter bowmen and infantry, and also many Knights broke through the ice and drowned.)

You cannot reliably achieve a win-win situation without compromise. Any leader aiming always for a win-lose situation will must take risks that they will win. They will be defeated some of the time and the losses may be very great.

Also, you need a leader with intellect, cunning and wisdom. The present administration seems to be short of those qualities. It is surprising to me how many supporters seem similarly disadvantaged and cannot see that.

And finally, a great leader needs to be driven by a deep compassion and duty of care for their constituents. They will take personal insult and loss, as long as those under their care are advantaged. The 'cover their own backside' modus operandi of the current administration is at odds with that.

edit on 28/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
well said, but I would invite you to step away from centrism and consider that maybe we need to break the whole system.

Power going to the people who want it will never work out for us.

Pointless. The people who want power aren't the problem... Our society is the problem.

A whole bunch of complacent pussies. Half of them don't vote in presidential elections, even more don't in smaller ones. Out of that half, I'd probably be ashamed to see how many don't even follow current events... And most of the ones who do probably think an hour of cable news every few days count. Then how many are straight ticket voters who can't even admit when "their guy" does something wrong (both sides, not calling out one more than the other).

So, I beg the question. Is it worth it to do a damn thing for people who not only don't want your help, but are repulsed of the idea we should change the very government they open their mouth up every time the man starts swirling a spoon saying here comes the airplane?

There's two options left at this point. Play the game and do well with the knowledge most people are sheep, or buck the system and get called a lunatic by everyone? Because lets be honest, one of the few times partisan citizens align is to say screw independents, and pick a side to "save America". Ever notice how each election, you have to pick a side to save us from immanent doom?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I saw that video and absolutely loved it, got goosebumps even.

Kudos for keeping an open mind at least to question things.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Hey ! I thought this was a Thread bout Lil Kim . What a Gip ! .....................

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You know what I wish?

I wish for a unicorn named Jeffery. And a light sabre.

We get the hand we get, sport.

It's what we do with the hand we're dealt that really defines a man. Whining, bitching, complaining may be fun, lord knows I do it enough.

But at the end of the day, you've got to close the laptop, put down the Hot Pocket, and face the world as a man.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Full disclosure: I am anti trump. I am not pro Hillary. I am a centrist, but on this particular matter I am anti trump, not anti Republican.

Also save yourselves the effort of the usual responses:

- What about that time [democrat] did [thing]?
- You've been conditioned by the entire MSM!!1 And all Intel agencies! And all TV shows! And global leaders! And all of the things!!!
- Lmao leftist libtard
- Librul tears
- That was too many words; you must be angry have a tissue lmao
- Misc pictures of crying antifa idiots who aren't relevant here
- He's trolling/being sarcastic
- iT mAkEs HiM sTrOnG!!
- Disregarding the actual point raised

I am neither "crying" nor "angry" nor "triggered" - I'm genuinely curious on this topic.

Ok: it's common for anti trumpers to point out his constant whining on twitter/at his pressers, and attacking people. It isn't presidential, nor fitting for a man of his age, experience, or influence.

It's equally common for his supporters to say:
"He just hits back!"

"You would complain too if all the media was against you!!"

"It makes him strong!"

"He's trolling and it's working lmao xD
"(you know who you are).

Bearing in mind you can both support and criticise your leaders simultaneously depending on the issue (this isn't a game to be "WON") and you absolutely should scrutinise your leadership and question what you're told.

This the fundamental basics of democratic free speech; blind faith to "win at all costs" is dangerous, lazy, and naive. I dont care who you are, who you support or what you believe in - questioning what TPTB tell you is ESSENTIAL. The thought process of "I trust every word they say without scrutiny" is cult mentality as you know.

My question, then, is: do you not seriously wish he had a LITTLE more backbone?

Ask yourself this: if you worked with someone who acted exactly like trump; constantly complaining about people being mean or not giving constant positive feedback, always making up silly playground nicknames not for fun but to bully people for their appearance (ironically...), slating like crazy anyone who contradicts or disagrees with them..

Would you REALLY say "oh he's strong, he doesn't take any ish!!"

Or would you say "christ he never stops whining... why can't he just suck it up and get on with his job?"

Personally I'd find them to be a whining, hard-done-by, entitled thin-skinned weakling.

If you can't take negative comments without having to "hit back" (e.g. insult people with ad hominem attacks) then you shouldn't be in any position of power. It is a weakness.

So in summary, those of you who feel his twitter tantrums are "strong" - you too are weak. Simple.

As for "it's trolling" and "it's sarcasm" - please. Of all the lazy get out of jail free cards. "I wasnt asking Dr Birx, despite the video evidence of me doing precisely that! It was sarcasm!" (Paraphrasing, before you get all worked up).

I invite genuine responses to my point, and will simply disregard the bog standard copy/paste anti liberal stuff - again I'm liberal on some matters and conservative on others.

Peace.

The links you provided just so proved your point!lmao!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
My question, then, is: do you not seriously wish he had a LITTLE more backbone?

Yes, I do... but I suspect not in any manner you'd celebrate alongside me. I wish the man was the tyrant his detractors try to portray him as. I'd like to live in that America for a change. I wish he'd spined up last month and not only declared the USA wasn't going to be federally participating in the orgy of cowardice the lockdowns represented, but also put the full force and muscle of the Department of Justice onto the asses of any mayor or governor who took the opportunity to crap on their citizens' Rights and livelihoods. I wish he would have taken the stranglehold on the rest of the world that he had the opportunity to take and kept squeezing until he had restored the natural order of this world, a resumption of America's manifest destiny which had been stymied by a string of truly spineless presidents.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Yeah , No BS Vic is a Popular on YouTube . You Do Know though , he is a Real Stand Up Comedian > ?....)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So...after 8 years of watching President"cow tow "you have the balls to create this pos?Upset were still not sending secret pallets of tax payer dollars to the likes of Iran?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
So...after 8 years of watching President"cow tow "you have the balls to create this pos?Upset were still not sending secret pallets of tax payer dollars to the likes of Iran?

Was it tax payers dollars?

Look, Obama sucked real bad.... But that was frozen Iranian assets.

We send money to bad guys all the time anyways. We essentially created Osama, Sadam, and many other enemies.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yeah , No BS Vic is a Popular on YouTube . You Do Know though , he is a Real Stand Up Comedian > ?....)

Comedians get to say stuff others are too scared to, and often more truth in comedy to boot.

Saw the rant last week..it's epic!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Comedians get to say stuff others are too scared to, and often more truth in comedy to boot.

Yeah , some Guys have All the Luck , but I hear there are " Rumblings " at Google , and Vic could become " Yesterdays News " in a Hurry . 1st Amendment be Damned ........(

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

Don't you mean 'President Kissy-face'?

...and psst...whoever told you those were taxpayers dollars was making a fool out of you.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Yeah , some Guys have All the Luck , but I hear there are " Rumblings " at Google , and Vic could become " Yesterdays News " in a Hurry . 1st Amendment be Damned ........(

Ya, thats no good!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join