It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and the Flu of 1917

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Could have started anywhere. But, people are on a anti-China binge right now, so facts don't matter.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Why are we dealing with something called "COVID-19" when the first official death from it and the actual public acknowledgement that it was an issue didn't happen until 2020?

In 100 years will some dipsnip call out a president for calling it the "Coronavirus flu of 2019?"

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Could have started anywhere. But, people are on a anti-China binge right now, so facts don't matter.

Yet we actually have the FACT that COVID-19 did start in Wuhan, China... you'd likely also take issue with that fact?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yet we actually have the FACT that COVID-19 did start in Wuhan, China... you'd likely also take issue with that fact?

...MUST...PROTECT...CHINA!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

As usual, you may be all wrong 😎

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, what you said is not a fact.

Wuhan is where it was first recognized. Which is fact.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, what you said is not a fact.

Wuhan is where it was first recognized. Which is fact.

Yeah, and China said the American army brought it there.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Maybe, sounds political, who knows.

Although there are some people who do know, very smart people. But we don't listen to them.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I thought this was a thread about blaming Trump for the Spanish Flu.

I know Trump was responsible for the sinking of the Lusitania and for the stock market crash of '29. (That's 1929 for those who don't understand).

The bastard!

I blame him for the resurgence of the bad combover.

edit on 27/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

That was one of the best virus movie ever. This one soldier keeps running away from these viruses just to deliver a message to the general to stop them from attacking the viruses on the other side of the field.

It looks like it should have been done in Asia before the Navy got infected by viruses.
edit on 27-4-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Simple mixups happen like this all the time. Remember this one?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
defend defend!!!

the emperor has the best clothes!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

mmm onion

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I know Trump was responsible for the sinking of the Lusitania and for the stock market crash of '29. (That's 1929 for those who don't understand).

The bastard!
Don't forget that big meteor that killed off the dinosaurs.
He did that, too.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Do you ever get tired of semantics? COVID-19 is the disease that the Novel Coronavirus causes in humans and yes, that disease absolutely started in Wuhan as, by definition, a specific disease begins where the first identified case contracted it. Are you tired of semantics now?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Since Trumps grandfather died of the Spanish Flu, it's possible that when Trump was growing up, his family called it the 1917 flu because that's when it started 'back then' and it stuck with him through family history.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

As usual, you may be all wrong 😎

I dunno..

I think there is the very real possibility that we essentially ensured another wave of illness and disease with general population lockdowns. Maybe not necessarily SARS-CoV-2 or covid19, but communicable diseases in general.

Coupled with a medical system with exceedingly low occupancy and layoffs, precipitated by our actions, and we might be looking at a very tricky situation.

Add the habit of doubling down, on doubling down of mistakes, duplicitousness, massive amounts of money changing hands, and it might be one helluva self-fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: strongfp

Do you ever get tired of semantics? COVID-19 is the disease that the Novel Coronavirus causes in humans and yes, that disease absolutely started in Wuhan as, by definition, a specific disease begins where the first identified case contracted it. Are you tired of semantics now?

Right, then why is the Spanish Flu named the Spanish flu when it didn't even start in Spain?

You need definitive proof to say that the virus started in Wuhan. There is good evidence it did, if you said that, then yes I'd agree. But I am sick and tired of fear mongering and finger pointing. The pandemic, which started off as a epidemic in Wuhan is also correct. But where it all started, patient zero, or, bat zero, is still unknown.

There is evidence and cases of people who weren't even near the lab or wet markets near the lab who had the virus. Either way, pin pointing where it started is grasping at straws. And it still doesn't take away from the fact we are now living with it. So we either deal with it, or we keep yelling at each other of where it started for unknown reasons other then looking for someone to blame.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The bastard!

Whatever do you mean "resurgence"?!
Classic Hair never goes out of style!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa

originally posted by: chr0naut

The bastard!

Whatever do you mean "resurgence"?!
Classic Hair never goes out of style!

I don't know, Adolf definitely 'did it in' for the toothbrush mustache of Chaplin fame.

<< 1    3 >>

join