It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what year Jesus was born?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

herod needed to be alive - do you not even read your own bible ?

as for the " wise men " - they alledgedly met herod too - again - its in your bible

as for when they got there - how long was " jesus " in bethlehem ?

so - which year can you hammer all the alledged events into ?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Absolutely, Herod needed to be alive, didn’t say he didn’t, just that if he wasn’t, it didn’t matter but
The wise men didn’t need to arrive on the day of birth like in the tv shows
The Star not needed on the day of birth , the other parts of the story, you are assuming Christmas plays at Walmart are historically accurate and what, I need to hammer a date, for you?

you are reading the story like you watched it on tv, not as it’s written.
Preconceived, and then you think I have to answer to you.
No, I don’t know and I don’t care what date Jesus was born, irrelevant to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

And yet, that was rather the point of the entire thread. You might have just led with that and saved yourself and everybody else all the frustration, insult, and wreckage.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Absolutely, Herod needed to be alive, didn’t say he didn’t, just that if he wasn’t, it didn’t matter but
The wise men didn’t need to arrive on the day of birth like in the tv shows
The Star not needed on the day of birth , the other parts of the story, you are assuming Christmas plays at Walmart are historically accurate and what, I need to hammer a date, for you?

you are reading the story like you watched it on tv, not as it’s written.
Preconceived, and then you think I have to answer to you.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The astrologers from the east, probably Persia, were first lead to Herod in Jerusalem to tell him about the birth of the king of the Jews. And then only after Herod plotted to kill Jesus did the star then lead them to the house where Jesus was living in with his parents in Bethlehem.

God warned the astrologers not to return to Herod by means of a dream, because he saw the plot against Jesus, and so they did not return to Herod. Herod had told them to return to him so he could go do obeisance. He was really planning on murdering the child.

When Herod realized he had been bamboozled by the astrologers and they were not going to return to report the whereabouts of the child, he ordered all children of 2 years and younger, as ascertained by the wise men of when Jesus was born to be murdered.

A few things you learn about this account in the Bible. Firstly, the star was not of divine origin. God would not have lead astrologers who practiced something he detested to a man who he knew would plot to murder his son. Also that this was not an ordinary star. Firstly it lead the astrologers to king Herod in Jerusalem, and then it lead them directly over the house where Jesus was living with his parents in Bethlehem. The star was obviously of satanic origin and its purpose was to have Jesus put to death.

God then had to tell Joseph in a dream to get up and flee into Egypt to spare the life of Jesus.

The astrologers appeared not to the manger where Jesus was born, but at the house where the toddler (who could have been up to 2 years old) was already living. The star was not some sort of astronomical phenomena or natural event. It was satanic in nature. A star cannot lead you directly over a particular house.

When Jesus was born the angels appeared to the shepherds who were herding and cried out to them about the birth of the king of the Jews. And the shepherds went to the manger to give homage to him.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Theli93

The question was “do I know” the answers was no, I don’t really need to know.
It was your statement, irrelevant to the topic that caused my reaction.

Yes the church has caused plenty of damage, made terrible mistakes, harmed and damaged even themselves.
Jesus teaches love and forgiveness

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Theli93

The question was “do I know” the answers was no, I don’t really need to know.
It was your statement, irrelevant to the topic that caused my reaction.

Yes the church has caused plenty of damage, made terrible mistakes, harmed and damaged even themselves.
Jesus teaches love and forgiveness

So do you do what Jesus preached? Do you love and forgive? Jesus said you will be judged based on that.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GetitTogether

Except, and while I agree with what you have said in principle, it’s assumption

The Maggi were worshiping Jesus as the King of the world, they went with good intentions. Gentiles worshiping a Jewish Messiah, interesting
The “Star” is not reported as being sent by Satan, nor are the Maggi reported as such.

It’s possible the stars announced Christ’s birth. The Maggi were travelling to worship the King, unfortunately they came across Herod, Herod plotted to murder Jesus and it wasn’t all some big conspiracy, just a series of reported events

Who knows

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I try

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The Maggi were worshiping Jesus as the King of the world, they went with good intentions. Gentiles worshiping a Jewish Messiah, interesting
The “Star” is not reported as being sent by Satan, nor are the Maggi reported as such.

It’s possible the stars announced Christ’s birth. The Maggi were travelling to worship the King, unfortunately they came across Herod, Herod plotted to murder Jesus and it wasn’t all some big conspiracy, just a series of reported events

Who knows

Very possibly they went with good intent. Obviously they did not have evil in mind. But the star lead them to Jerusalem. And did not move on until they reported to Herod why they had come. And it wasn't until Herod plotted to murder Jesus that the star then moved on and led them to the house Jesus lived in.

The star would not have been of divine origin. God condemned the practice of astrology. It was not of natural origin. A natural star in the sky does not lead you over a particular house across a vast distance somewhere. The logical deduction was that it was satanic in nature.
edit on 29-4-2020 by GetitTogether because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I try

Good. And I try. If you have or ever will wrong me I forgive you.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetitTogether

Very possibly they went with good intent. Obviously they did not have evil in mind. But the star lead them to Jerusalem.

The star would not have been of divine origin. God condemned the practice of astrology. It was not of natural origin. A natural star in the sky does not lead you over a particular house across a vast distance somewhere. The logical deduction was that it was satanic in nature.

God condemns much but forgives more
The Magi were pagans and yet we’re welcomed. God could have deleted the star, God did warn the Magi not to return so God seemingly wanted the Magi to see Jesus
Many places in the Old Testament, pagans worshiped God and God accepted that worship gratefully
Isn’t it nice God showed us His plan, that gentiles would be welcome, even at Christ’s infancy gentiles were welcome, even lowly shepherds.
From the beginning, God was welcoming in lowly shepherds and gentiles.
Strikes me as an interesting paradox of sorts
Let’s hope I don’t wrong younor anyone else

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetitTogether

Who knows

Very possibly they went with good intent. Obviously they did not have evil in mind. But the star lead them to Jerusalem. And did not move on until they reported to Herod why they had come. And it wasn't until Herod plotted to murder Jesus that the star then moved on and led them to the house Jesus lived in.

Signs in the heavens are all over the Bible. That astrology is forbidden by God doesn't mean astronomical occurrences aren't signs or portents of present or future events. I think the big difference between heavenly signs and astrology is that signs are there by the will of God and astrology is a human interpretation of celestial events based on pagan beliefs.

So the magi got it right this time, maybe God used that to convert these wise men, we don't know what they went on to do with their lives. Perhaps God's will was to get the magi involved to warn Joseph and Mary to leave before Herod killed Jesus. It was God's will that the magi played a part in the life of Christ, that much is certain.

In addition, there is the fact that celestial events were the basis of keeping track of dates back then. Solar days, lunar months, and seasons based on the passage of stellar constellations, as well as solar and lunar eclipses, comets and other events.
edit on 30-4-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If you go to the Hebrew bible, and look in Chronicles (I think it's 1 Chronicles chapter 24,) you will get a list of men and their families, sons of Aaron who were descended from the Levitical priesthood, and therefore able to operate in the temple. You will find that their rota by lot is listed. There is a record somewhere of the duration of their lots, and the sequence. This is important, because if you jump to the book of Luke, you will see it is recorded Zechariah was on duty in the temple at the time of his visitation, heralding the arrival of John the Baptist. (Luke 1:5). Go back to 1 Chronicles and look up the lot of Abijah, from whom John was descended. This will tell you when he was on duty. 6 months later when Elizabeth was 6 months pregnant, Mary found out she was pregnant. Add on another 9 months to that, and you should have a close approximation to the birth of Jesus the Messiah.

edit on 30-4-2020 by Lucius Driftwood because: poor grammar

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If Jesus is 1 years old in 1 AD/CE then he is born in 1 BC, no zero year, and it wasn't on December 25 either.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood
Uhhh... so now what year was that again?

<< 1  2   >>

join