It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our little city has gone off the deep end with Covid19

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Your rights end where another persons rights begin.

And vice versa. Are you really ok with letting them take your rights every time a threat comes along. There can always be an excuse to limit your freedoms. Send like I have a right to be free and you have a right to stay home if you feel the need to.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
a reply to: JIMC5499

You are going to go out and avoid all human contact?

Or never knowing if the person you just interacted with might have an underlying undiagnosed condition?

You just compared your food allergy to something that has horribly killed 200 000 people the last few months. Many of those people are health workers who knew the risks, took precautions, and yet contracted the virus anyway.

I believe there are too many unknowns right now to start fully relaxing restrictions. But yes, the restrictions will have to be lifted gradually. Or tightened again.

First off the totals worldwide are about the same as the flu that we deal with every year.
Second. This virus will eventually fade away and I'll still have my allergies.
Third. The odds are very good that if I or somebody I come in contact with gets the virus we will survive. With my allergy, if I end up getting exposed to something that I am allergic to the odds are that I won't survive.

If I'm out and I see you there wearing your mask, I'll do everything possible to give you your space so I don't expose you to anything that I MIGHT have. If I know you, I'd have no problem making a grocery or shopping run for you so you don't have to come out. (I'm doing it now for two families)

We can't stop the world until you feel safe. You do what you feel that you need to do. I respect that, but, don't hinder me with your insecurities.

If you think that I'm being irresponsible, that's your problem, but, let me say one thing. I have a Great Niece that just turned three months old. I haven't been to see her yet. The first time I had a chance was in Feb. when I had a bug (odds are that it was the Corona virus since co-workers had just come back from China) and then the lock down started. If I was the selfish jerk that you are implying that I am, I would have gone to see her.

By the way, if you are staying in and I am going out, how in the hell am I going to infect you? The others that I run into when I'm out, well they are taking their chances just like I am.

edit on 29-4-2020 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I was curious what the law is in the US regarding quarantine.
So, of course, I googled it.

Law

My curiosity stems from some old history lessons when I was in junior high school.

Federal law Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The CDC is the agency that is charged with the above reference law.

States also have the power, to protect health and safety, of quarantine and isolation.

So, all this talk about freedom to choose is not what is the law of the land.

Currently states have mandated shelter in place rules. These rules are not too hard to obey. But they have been hard on small business owners. The economy is going to be recovering for some time.

I will be curious to see how all this unfolds.

Look up the legal definition of quarantine. At least in the State I live in this lock down does NOT meet the definition. If it would have gone through the Legislature I'd have less of a problem with it. Instead our Governor took it upon himself to initiate this. The original two week lock down made sense so I didn't have a problem with it. The extensions are what I have a problem with and the him being the sole person to decide where and when it is lifted.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

Wish it was like that just up coast of Vancouver. I'm honestly going nuts. I'm going to lose my # on somebody if this keeps going on.

Here there's just rampant stupidity. Businesses are closing down, grocery stores are like Nazi checkpoints. Literally get followed and told what direction to walk through the store. Had a person snap at me on the bus for sitting two seats away from them(correct #ing social distance bull#) apparently it was still too close, so said person moved to a seat surrounded by like 4 people and proceeded to remove their mask, I'm guessing because it was too hot. On the note of busses, they'll just leave you on the side of the road if there's more than ten people, so with a nice 2 hour gap between, you're pretty much #ed stuck outside. Then there's the lineups you get forced into, surrounded by people in enclosed spaces because 'safety'.

Meanwhile, if I was in the store, I'd be further away from people, I'd be getting in and out and back home. As it is, anyone in that store that touches anything, just defeats any stupid measures. What does all this matter when the cashiers don't change their gloves between customers, when every surface everywhere isn't being treated like a hospital?

Half assed measures are pointless, it's just a waste of time. Either become like a hospital, or # off, anything else is just inconvenience and bull# for no purpose. I think thatma what bothers me the most. A lot od the # being done isn't helpful, and in some cases actually ends up making more people stand together longer. When you point this out to security guards or anyone, they just give you this look like you're speaking a foreign language. Like they can't fathom that having everyone grouped together in a line is defeating the purpose of separating everyone.

People's lack of even the most basic of biology education is the only reason why this #'s been allowed to happen.
edit on 29/4/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join