It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our little city has gone off the deep end with Covid19

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Of course you take precautions!!!

That should go without having to be said...

What I, and others, are saying is this: Allow us to make that determination!! Give us the relevant information, if you have it, and allow the adults to make the choices.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
a reply to: MykeNukem

Thank you for your sympathy.

You say rights first. That's great. What about the rights of high-risk people to not get infected (and die) by people insisting on their rights to freedom?

So. My opinion - safety first. I would hate to be the asymptomatic carrier who killed my own high-risk mother.

Are the high risk people adults?

Then, they can stay in and keep themselves safe.

If you are living with someone who is high risk, then make the choice to isolate yourself.

What does that have to do with me and my choice?

You just don't like the idea of people being responsible and accountable for themselves?

I don't get it...

ETA: You could be an asymptomatic carrier of the Flu too and never know it. Or myriad other diseases...that could cause death. Are we going to start keeping score so we can guilt trip the poor GrandKid that gave GrandMa the Flu? Appeal to Emotion...not cool...

edit on 4/27/2020 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Your rights end where another persons rights begin.

People forget that it works both ways.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The quality of life is the end result of whatever actions I take. I may be at the center of my own universe, but I humbly accept intruders.

If covid gets me before natural causes does then the books are cooked and I'm coming out swinging.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

You say rights first. That's great. What about the rights of high-risk people to not get infected (and die) by people insisting on their rights to freedom?

So. My opinion - safety first. I would hate to be the asymptomatic carrier who killed my own high-risk mother.

Are the high risk people adults?

Then, they can stay in and keep themselves safe.

If you are living with someone who is high risk, then make the choice to isolate yourself.

What does that have to do with me and my choice?

You just don't like the idea of people being responsible and accountable for themselves?

I don't get it...

In my almost 50 years on this planet, I have formed the opinion that people are neither accountable nor responsible.
Let me cite a few examples ... people licking toilet seats for views on Instagram (or TikTok or whatever people are using for self-gratification these days), licking ice cream in supermarkets and replacing it on the shelf. I could go on.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I have allergies to certain things that can cause Anaphylactic Shock. I've been dealing with this all of my life. My allergies are food related. I belong to a few social clubs that have potluck dinners and parties. It is MY job to look out for myself. My responsibility. I don't demand that everything I'm allergic to be removed.

This is what's happening. Just because YOU don't feel comfortable going out, don't prevent ME from doing so. My side of the deal is to respect your decision and do the best that I can, to honor it. That's where the "rights" bit comes into play. No matter what I do, it doesn't impact you if you are not there, so how am I going to infect you?

edit on 27-4-2020 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

You are going to go out and avoid all human contact?

Or never knowing if the person you just interacted with might have an underlying undiagnosed condition?

You just compared your food allergy to something that has horribly killed 200 000 people the last few months. Many of those people are health workers who knew the risks, took precautions, and yet contracted the virus anyway.

I believe there are too many unknowns right now to start fully relaxing restrictions. But yes, the restrictions will have to be lifted gradually. Or tightened again.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Of course you take precautions!!!

That should go without having to be said...

What I, and others, are saying is this: Allow us to make that determination!! Give us the relevant information, if you have it, and allow the adults to make the choices.

Sounds good on paper, but it requires people..on their own accord..to do the right thing. The problem is, everybody will argue "right thing" and some just say f it!

I'm just making a point, not betting my life whats going on is righteous or not.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

And you think that the vast majority of people have the intelligence and expertise to interpret that information correctly? Without medical knowledge? Some people may be considered adults due to age but in my experience there are far too many that defy that interpretation! The virus is mutating constantly by the looks of things, more symptoms are coming to light such as rashes & sore throats, more dangers are also coming to light...but hey you continue to whinge about your freedom to go to the garden centre or hairdresser or whatever....for a few weeks
Jeez I give up

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Hmm as for your right to protest etc.....no you don't have that right at the moment on account of a global pandemic. Laws changes rules change and this is one of those times you have to suck it up for a while. Its not forever. do you think Governments across the planet purposefully want to annihilate their economies for a laugh?? There is justification no matter what you might think. I do wish people would stop being so bloody minded and just get on with it like the rest of us, its not all about America you know!! We all have "rights" but those rights cease to exists when lives are at stake.

No. That isn't how that works. In the United States, the authority of the government is limited. Rights do not stem from the government. When the government attempts to go beyond its mandate, or tell you that you can no longer exercise your rights, it is the responsibility of the people to tell the government to go pound sand. Otherwise you set the precedent that your rights only exist at the discretion of your government.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was curious what the law is in the US regarding quarantine.
So, of course, I googled it.

Law

My curiosity stems from some old history lessons when I was in junior high school.

Federal law Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The CDC is the agency that is charged with the above reference law.

States also have the power, to protect health and safety, of quarantine and isolation.

So, all this talk about freedom to choose is not what is the law of the land.

Currently states have mandated shelter in place rules. These rules are not too hard to obey. But they have been hard on small business owners. The economy is going to be recovering for some time.

I will be curious to see how all this unfolds.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

The mine site I work at had an outbreak.
25 coworkers and friends got infected.
I was finally out of quarantine today at 11:30 am, after 2 weeks in a hotel.
A friend and coworker who got the virus, died Thursday night in the ICU.

He beat Cancer and was living his second chance at life.
All of us are shocked and pretty upset by this outcome.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
I'm glad that you are OK

I'm also glad that you are not stuck in a motel room any longer

My condolences to your co-worker

Thank you for sharing your story. I think that many people here on ATS find it hard to understand that deaths are occurring do to this awful virus. Your story, makes it real, to many people

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences go out to you. I can’t begin to imagine what you and the others working at your mine are going through. I hope you all will be okay. Take care.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

I was one of them,
We joked about it at work, saying oh it’s just a bad cold, or flu.
I never thought in 100 years that So many of my brothers at the mine would get infected, nor that we would lose one of our guys.

thank you very much for your kind words.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Thanks Chief.
It’s a wake up call for sure.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

What if your household is a family of More than 5?..

Ridiculous

Then it's probably time to discover birth control.

Wow
Hopefully that was sarcasm

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

What if your household is a family of More than 5?..

Ridiculous

www.ontario.ca...

Additionally, all organized public events of over 5 people are prohibited, including parades, events including weddings, social gatherings and communal services within places of worship.

This order would not apply to private households with five people or more. It would also not apply to operating child care centres supporting frontline health care workers and first responders provided the number of persons at each centre does not exceed 50 people. Funerals would be permitted to proceed with up to 10 people at one time.

So it sounds like you could have more people at your residence than your family. Lol. Its a private residence. It doesn't specify

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Masks don't protect people as much and it protects the dumasses from the MASK wearer from getting THEM sick.

You gotta right not to...but we have a right for you not to go infecting and killing us.

Mask wearer...everyday....since 1989 anyway(med)

*Masks required in Michigan effect yesterday in and out, employees, customers.
No masks? Your right...but youre not getting in.
edit on 28-4-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I was curious what the law is in the US regarding quarantine.
So, of course, I googled it.

Law

My curiosity stems from some old history lessons when I was in junior high school.

Federal law Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The CDC is the agency that is charged with the above reference law.

States also have the power, to protect health and safety, of quarantine and isolation.

So, all this talk about freedom to choose is not what is the law of the land.

Currently states have mandated shelter in place rules. These rules are not too hard to obey. But they have been hard on small business owners. The economy is going to be recovering for some time.

I will be curious to see how all this unfolds.

Whatever authority states and the legislature attempt to give themselves are subordinate to the Constitutional limitations upon them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join