It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m bored tell me something amusing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Huh! Well, I'll be darned!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Mine is kind of weird I guess...

There's a lot more to subsea offshore oil recovery than meets the eye!

And that's not intended to be a play on words; there really is! Most people have no idea how astronomically complicated and staggeringly expensive it is. There's a whole world out there you don't know about.
edit on 4/27/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I’ll start

George Washington stayed as a guest in my ggg something grandfathers house. The house still stands, ( in poor condition) and if it ever goes up for sale I’d consider buying it.

Your turn.....

What is amusing about that?
I did not laugh.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
How about this one...

My ex-wife's grandmother got asked to a dance by Butch Cassidy. She was almost 14 at the time, and her dad wouldn't let her go.

And...

By best friend's Dad owned a bar when we were growing up (formerly a butcher shop in the late 1800's) where Robert LeRoy Parker got the name "Butch", later to be called 'Butch Cassidy'. He hired on as an apprentice butcher when he had no money and no place to stay. Butcher gave him room and board...and named him "Butch" because he was actually pretty good at the trade.

Both true.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Two days ago...I went to my Kroger gas station (used Kroger fuel points w/gas @ $1. 39 per Gal.)...and filled up my car's gas tank (from empty) for a total of $5.74.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I doubt this is amusing but sure,

Never eat a clock its time consuming
edit on 27/4/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
When we were young my brother swore that he would die before his 32 nd birthday. He's now about to reach 80.
My other brother always said he'd lived before as a Viking called Eric Bloodaxe. We used to wind him up for years till the internet came along and I found an Eric Bloodaxe was a Viking in York.
Here's another one. My brother who was a viking had two birthdays which we regularly celebrated. The reason, he was born on one day and when my father went to register him he was drunk and put the date on his birth certificate a week later.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm really E.L. James.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I'm really E.L. James.

No your not, you write to well to be James

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
HERE'S one:
Babe Ruth asked my Great-Grandmother to marry him.
She told my grandmother that he was very sweet...but not very intelligent.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

My younger kids' mother is both related to the Hatfield's (Hatfields/McCoys) and the Ferguson's (Sarah Ferguson/Fergie) though pretty far down the line on the latter.

I once almost ran over(on foot) James Cromwell, in the DePaul neighborhood, while I was working as a contractor. He was on the phone on break from filming. He's quite tall.

I had an Uncle (Alexander) that spent the first 5 years of his life in a Warsaw ghetto with his mom and brother Denis. They all had forearm serial number tattoos.

My godmother's father, Helmut, served in the German Army near the end of WW2, in his teens, as a typist/clerk. The old photos of Opa in uniform were one thing. But, the family reunions, were another lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You probably were infected with the CCP virus and passed it on with out ever knowing.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
More believable:

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I'm really E.L. Rick James.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What did the five fingers say to the face?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

My younger kids' mother is both related to the Hatfield's (Hatfields/McCoys)

Just so you know, I've always sided with the Hatfields!!!
Fricken hate McCoys.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You're going to have to look at this amusing tale from my teens through the lens of the 90's, complete with hanging up any modern safety rules expectations in vehicles. Nobody would unwrap the bubble wrap enough to do this today.

One muggy Florida Halloween when I was a young tween/teenager, myself, younger brother, older brother, sister-in-law & mother were off to hop haunted houses for the evening. There was a bit of a drive between two of them, and we ended up driving alongside an SUV with the mom driving, and the kid in the back behind her. The kiddo was probably all of 6 or 7, maybe 8 at best.

My older brother had the world's most hideous monster mask that year, even he & his wife's (sister-in-law) cats hissed and growled at it every time they saw it. It was borderline demonic looking.

He chose to wear that mask that evening for his makeshift monster costume. It was a heavy self-made costume & an overly warm thing to wear on all accounts, so he took off the robe-thing and mask when we were in the car to cool off.

Then that SUV pulled up next to us at a light. And my brother's devilish Cheshire Cat grin kicked in. Seriously, it was like watching Calvin hatch a plan before he tells Hobbes about it.

The light changes, and the cars take off. His wife is doing the driving, so he's in the passenger seat, timing this. She gets alongside the SUV, due to traffic, not my brother, and he dons that ugly-ass mask just before coming up to the rear passenger door behind the driver, reaches behind him & plucks a piece of candy from my younger brother's bag, and turns to the kid in the SUV, who in turn himself turns and looks out the window dead at my brother.

My brother slowly holds up that piece of candy with one hand, and beckons the kid with a single finger on the other.

The poor kid is losing his s#, yelling and smacking the back of the driver's seat and gesticulating wildly out the window. Mom glances over at our car, and by then, my brother had removed the mask and stowed it, and was just sitting there making like nothing was going on. The mom started hollering back at the kid, and he sits back in his seat all flustered.

We come up to another light, directly alongside the SUV, the mom's eyeballing us closely & the kid's getting antsy. My brother & his wife are chatting (she's trying so hard to keep a straight face) and the mom in the SUV whips around in her seat, scolds the kid a bit more, and the light changes.

Another car merges in a ways from that light in front of us, so the closest we're getting to barely aligned with that passenger seat/kid in the back. My brother smirks, puts the mask back on, gets the candy back out, and does it again.

This time, the kid beats on the back of mom's seat briefly, then unbuckles, and scampers off to the opposite side, with his mouth wiiiiide open in a scream of utter terror. His mom's hollering at him full hilt now, and we can see him shaking his head in firm "NO" motions. She glances back over at us, and again, my brother's mask is off and out of sight, We look like the average car load of dressed up family going somewhere.

We get to the next light, and she practically climbs over her seat dragging him back to his and buckles him in, scolding him, gesturing, etc. Sister-in-law could not look out any window other than hers, because she was losing the "Don't Laugh" battle steadily.

They turned off after the light changed, and we collectively laughed our asses off quite heartily. My sister-in-law is laughing so hard that she's crying, so we had to pull over a minute for her to collect herself. "Oh my GOD, you are such a bastard. BWAHAHAHA!!!"

And that, my friends, is how Nyiah's big brother scarred a child for life.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

My (step)family was portrayed as pig thieves in the movie "The Yearling".

They probably were ...

That book single-handedly turned me on to reading as a child. Also, my father went to a casting call as a child, for the part of the little boy that raises the fawn. He got a call back, but in the long run, he wasn't thin enough to look like a kid from a poor family, lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

My Great Great Grandfather owned the Cleveland Indians from 1916-1922.

I wish that business was still in the family.

James C "Sunny Jim" Dunn

When he passed away my GG grandmother became one of the few Women owners of a pro ball organization.

She sold the team after remarrying. Bummer!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
That book single-handedly turned me on to reading as a child. Also, my father went to a casting call as a child, for the part of the little boy that raises the fawn. He got a call back, but in the long run, he wasn't thin enough to look like a kid from a poor family, lol.

They shot the movie up north of a place called Astor if memory serves. Was your father from around there? The story itself takes place several towns further North, up by Crescent City. Simpler time. I can only imagine how hard/miserable life would have been for them. It was hard enough when I was there. Most people living in that general area trace their family back 5 or 6 generations ... and they mostly act like the folks in the movie behaved.

I think there was another related movie called Cross Creek that was filmed not so far away. They had some black folk portrayed in that film they called GeeChee (expletive). There was at least one family of 'em lived wild (we'd say off-grid these days) in the trees at the north end of our property. My old man would tie out a goat now and then, leave 'em clothes and canned goods, made sure they had tools and lumber and paint. Weird stuff, huh? And that was just fifty years ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Two days ago...I went to my Kroger gas station (used Kroger fuel points w/gas @ $1. 39 per Gal.)...and filled up my car's gas tank (from empty) for a total of $5.74.

I absolutely love to travel and this is killing me. Cheap gas, cheap airfare ugggg!
btw our gas is under a dollar now in some places, absolutely unreal.
The last time I remember those prices was in 1993
edit on 27-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join