It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians should face their own mortality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Had a good conversation today and wanted some of my second families input on it.

Essentially, title, but some more context.

Politicians are highly incentivized to participate and be active in politics. These people come out of their office much more financially of then they were before and it certainly is not because of the salary from said office. In service of the people, or even constituents is a far gone ideal to these imbeciles of blabber and all one has to do is follow the money. They are beholden to their donors. (Duh...right?) For an example, see how a Trump presidency was possible, that being the reasoning that he didn't (doesn't) need the money. However that's not the argument.

With the flick of the tongue they can whisk away Americans to their death. Confine them, starve them, dirty their water, stagnate their wages, executive order their way to limit freedoms (which simply aren't theirs to take away) all without even the smallest amount of culpability. The only recourse they might endure is being voted out of office. To live out their lives in peace while the next buffoon does the same death dance.

While doing this drama show, there is no fear of their own mortality. I mean it's not them that fight in wars or live under their orders. It's not their families that are having to bury their dead and perform the flag folding, widow crying, 21 gun salute to taps being played. It's not them who has to reorganize their entire families lives and start over and maybe even over again.

Simply put, the have no reason to fear you, especially physically. Perhaps if they were, they just might act in the best interest of the people to whom they are beholden. Perhaps some good old fashion lamp pole justice.

(I'm not advocating persay. It's sickening how the recourse is all but nil in balance to the awesome power over lives and it's extreme single sidedness.)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Well I thought the politicians who are Masons have a room of reflection to do just that??

I suppose codifying that into law for all congressional reps and senators is not a bad idea.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think David Eddings wrote a second series to his first Sparhawk set where there was a country where no one wanted to go into public service, and if they did, they did the very best they could. Part of the reason was that upon gaining office, all their assets became properties of the state, and if the state fell behind on its budget and did not prosper, they lost whatever of their assets it took to make the state whole.

On the course, they could never take away more than they lost to go in, so there was nothing to be gained from the state either.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Had a good conversation today and wanted some of my second families input on it.

Essentially, title, but some more context.

Politicians are highly incentivized to participate and be active in politics. These people come out of their office much more financially of then they were before and it certainly is not because of the salary from said office. In service of the people, or even constituents is a far gone ideal to these imbeciles of blabber and all one has to do is follow the money. They are beholden to their donors. (Duh...right?) For an example, see how a Trump presidency was possible, that being the reasoning that he didn't (doesn't) need the money. However that's not the argument.

With the flick of the tongue they can whisk away Americans to their death. Confine them, starve them, dirty their water, stagnate their wages, executive order their way to limit freedoms (which simply aren't theirs to take away) all without even the smallest amount of culpability. The only recourse they might endure is being voted out of office. To live out their lives in peace while the next buffoon does the same death dance.

While doing this drama show, there is no fear of their own mortality. I mean it's not them that fight in wars or live under their orders. It's not their families that are having to bury their dead and perform the flag folding, widow crying, 21 gun salute to taps being played. It's not them who has to reorganize their entire families lives and start over and maybe even over again.

Simply put, the have no reason to fear you, especially physically. Perhaps if they were, they just might act in the best interest of the people to whom they are beholden. Perhaps some good old fashion lamp pole justice.

(I'm not advocating persay. It's sickening how the recourse is all but nil in balance to the awesome power over lives and it's extreme single sidedness.)

Not enough people are prepared to engage in politics because their circumstance is required to have them indulge in family..not that to suggest there is anything wrong with that for obvious reasons, however there are dangers in lack of observance in these days, as opposed to the generations before us, where there were real dangers from mankind itself in 'world wars' which needed population support, but also for those who profited from that same scenario..in any arena. Nothing much has changed, except the script.

edit on 26-4-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The difference is the ever growing number of parasites.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The Arena must be built.

top topics

join