It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Israel Plans To Strike Iranian Nuclear Plants.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
But Bush opened the door to "pre-emptive attacks." Now, it's a "strategy" available to everyone - and the Geneva Conventions be dammed.

You're kidding right?

I thought this was the place to come to deny ignorance, so why do people insist on perpetuating it?

June 7, 1981.
No one except Texans and his family know who George W. Bush is. Halfway around the world, Isreal launches a pre emptive strike against Iraq's nuclear facility.
Now tell me, please, because I want to know. How in the world did George W. Bush open the door so that Isreal (who I'm sure he couldn't even point to on a map then), could launch pre emptive strikes?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The Attack's Deeper Meaning

Thus the deeper meaning of the attack was that it amounted to a declaration of war against the Arab world's efforts to enter the atomic age. The attack was Israel's way of declaring that only the Jewish state would be allowed to participate in advanced technology, while the Arabs would be consigned to non-nuclear technology and second-class economies.

Israel was universally condemned. The White House advised Congress that a "substantial" violation of the Arms Export Control Act prohibition against the use of U.S. weapons except in self-defense "may have occurred" in Israel's bombing of Iraq's nuclear facility.4 It was the third time the act had been invoked against Israel, the first two occurring during the Carter administration because of Israeli attacks on Lebanon.5 But, as in the prior cases, Congress declined to take any action.6

www.washington-report.org

Sanc'.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Denying arabs nuclear technology? they could use nuclear reactors of a type that dont produce nuclear fuel, "the light-water", reactors produce electricity without producing weapons grade plutonium. They want none of it and only want the heavy water reactors, which by the way, is very efficient in producing weapons grade fuel. no one is denying the arabs anything but nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
How in the world did George W. Bush open the door so that Isreal (who I'm sure he couldn't even point to on a map then), could launch pre emptive strikes?

I thought this was funny, a man in his 40's not knowing where Israel was, but then I realized we made him President and he probably still doesn't know... Joke's on us.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Not to mention his being the so called 'leader of the free world' Thanks a bunch guys. Next time you want to make a bad joke can you please keep it in house...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join