It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Israel Plans To Strike Iranian Nuclear Plants.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has given 'initial authorisation' for a unilateral attack on Irans nuclear installations at a cabinet meeting last month. Reports say this would be an air and ground attack. An Israeli security source has been quoted as saying the U.S. administration will back any attack by Israel if diplomacy fails. Iran has stated in the past that its goal is to destroy Israel.

www.news.com.au
The newspaper said Israeli tactics included raids by elite commando units and air strikes by F-15 jets using bunker busting bombs to penetrate underground facilities.

It said Israeli forces had been simulating attacks on a mock-up of Iran's Natanz uranium enrichment plant in the last few months.

Israel, which says Iran is very close to being able to make a nuclear bomb, played down the report.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If Israel chooses to launch a pre-emptive attack i think this will make the Middle East more unstable and increase hatred toward the West. The report mentions an 'air and ground' offensive. If this is true the timing would be right as the U.S. has so much of their military resources in the area at the moment, to back up Israel.
timesonline.co.uk

edit: link

[edit on 13-3-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I seem to remember reading, in the last couple of days that another carrier group is positioning in the area, making 3 carrier groups in total.
Then there's the US Patriot Missile units deploying to Israel for an "exercise".

Are we perhaps seeing the buildup prior to an attack?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

If Israel chooses to launch a pre-emptive attack i think this will make the Middle East more unstable and increase hatred toward the West.

Apparently no one cares. When will these fools ever learn? But Bush opened the door to "pre-emptive attacks." Now, it's a "strategy" available to everyone - and the Geneva Conventions be dammed.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Apparently no one cares. When will these fools ever learn? But Bush opened the door to "pre-emptive attacks." Now, it's a "strategy" available to everyone - and the Geneva Conventions be dammed.

From timesonline,

US officials warned last week that a military strike on Iranian nuclear facilities by Israeli or American forces had not been ruled out should the issue become deadlocked at the United Nations.

Sounds sadly ominous to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

If Israel chooses to launch a pre-emptive attack i think this will make the Middle East more unstable and increase hatred toward the West.

True, this may be the case. But a nuclear capable Iran is a danger to Israel definately, US possibly and the world ultimately. Iran is an extremist country who supports the likes of Al-Qaida, Hezbualla, Hamas and Islamic Jihad. There is no question whether something must be done but when. Not acting in not an option.

I think the question is why is it that Israel cannot act to defend itself. The world expects Israel to act like a beaten wife who is blamed for upsetting her husband.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Israel has little worry about nuclear weapon's since being located next door to Palastine in my opinion.

But being puppet allows the chance that they may act on behalf of Mr Bush.

That's not to say that some day radicals may be able to build a weapon that has a very short boundary of destruction. I wonder where Russia fits into Israel's possible plan?, since Russia has recently signed an agreement with Iran to provide nuc Iranium and, laugh - diposal of nuc waste.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I seem to remember reading, in the last couple of days that another carrier group is positioning in the area, making 3 carrier groups in total.
Then there's the US Patriot Missile units deploying to Israel for an "exercise".

Are we perhaps seeing the buildup prior to an attack?

Israel is also testing out their arrow missle integrated into a control system with the Patriot 2 missle as a defensive shield against the SHEHAB 3 missle.

As an Israeli I hope that Iran is swayed from its nuclear ambitions diplomatically. I do not want to be called up to reserves but will do so if I have to.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The reason is that Israel is often the antagonist but then cries Holocaust and oppression when someone fights back.
Many of Israels actions, or the actions of it's citizens, never seem to get reported by western media outlets, only the consequences when someone fights back. That rather makes it look like Israel is the poor defender all the time.
Lets not forget all the ignored UN resolutions either. Iraq, Iran, Syria all get UN resolutions against them and are threatened with military action if they are in defiance. Israel ignores resolutions and nobody bats an eyelid.
That fact makes Kofi Annan's current trip to Israel seem so ridiculous and pointless.

All the talk of Irans "nuclear programmes" makes no distinction between energy requirements or weapons development. The media now seem to assume that it refers to weapons only, of which there is absolutely no proof or clear evidence.
We have been down this road before with Iraq, and many lives have been needlessly snuffed out based on assumptions, faulty intelligence and outright lies.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi

True, this may be the case. But a nuclear capable Iran is a danger to Israel definately, US possibly and the world ultimately. Iran is an extremist country who supports the likes of Al-Qaida, Hezbualla, Hamas and Islamic Jihad. There is no question whether something must be done but when. Not acting in not an option.

I think the question is why is it that Israel cannot act to defend itself. The world expects Israel to act like a beaten wife who is blamed for upsetting her husband.

Actually Israel is more like the wife that beats the husband and gets away with it...

If Israel Strikes any sovereing nation it should be occupied by international forces, stripped of her sovereignity and handed back to the palestinians. Make the Israleis requests visas from the PLO if they want to stay.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Lets not forget all the ignored UN resolutions either. Iraq, Iran, Syria all get UN resolutions against them and are threatened with military action if they are in defiance. Israel ignores resolutions and nobody bats an eyelid.
That fact makes Kofi Annan's current trip to Israel seem so ridiculous and pointless.

Hmmm. Good point. ....IMO - certain interests profit from instability in the Middle East. The military-industrial establishment for starters. Better to find out who's in the background pulling the strings.

All the talk of Irans "nuclear programmes" makes no distinction between energy requirements or weapons development. The media now seem to assume that it refers to weapons only, of which there is absolutely no proof or clear evidence.
We have been down this road before with Iraq, and many lives have been needlessly snuffed out based on assumptions, faulty intelligence and outright lies.

Iran assures the world they are not creating nuclear weapons, and arrangements have been made to ship depleted uraniumfrom nuclear power production to Russia. Iran also has agreed to inspections to insure compliance.

Hmmmm. But this is not enough for the USA. Why not, really? Ignoring the spin, what's the real agenda? Selling military supplies, materials and weapons? Supporting security corporations? What?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If Isreal attacks Iran, we will be witnessing the escalation of the 3rd world war. This is how I see it played out:

Isreal strikes Irans Nuke facilities and is successful. Iran retaliates with a small nuke and devistates Isreal. America jumps on the bandwagon and decimates Iran with massive airstrikes. Russia is angered by the US actions (and the fact that the USA just cut off a lucritive deal with Iran) and begins to attack various American intrest around the globe. America in turn does the same in retalliation. China gets nailed at some point and are drug into the fray as well. Russia and China decides to escalate the attackes and launches a few advanced Nukes at some key American cities. America turns around and does the same. What is left is the tattered globe picking up the pieces of humanity because Bush instigated the first strike policy.

If this scares you, I suggest you go hide in a deep cave. When Isreal strikes Iran, this will be the outcome.

[edit on 3/13/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If Iran indeed has been working only on peacefull nuclear program, there isn't much fear for nuclear retaliation is it ? I say Go for it!

But don't forget the suntan, you never know 100 %...and if the Hizbollah gets ordered to start harassing israel for their attack on irans nuclear toys...well what more of a beautifull pretext does Bush need to get millitary involved and lebanon and syria ?

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Do we have to remember who started this war? It was Islamist extremists who flew planes into our buildings and by doing so declared war on behalf of the muslims against the west. well, i hope you like having all your countrys under an Israeli-American boothill. People forget just how 'surrounded' Israel is in the mid-east. Is it any surprise we look the other way when Israel defends itself. Iran has said that it does not recognize Israel's right to exist. "to exist!' is this not what the nazis said about the jews. The only missile base Iran has is plunked right in the most north-western extreme of the country.ummm...wonder why? So when it has a nuke it can launch it on Israel.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
however unpopular this is, it's how i feel, I have no problem with Iran making 'nucular' missiles, and here's why, the US has them so why can't iran have them? they wont go to war the stakes are too big for either side, thats why they attacked iraq not iran in the first place, economically iran doesn't make snese to bush

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I wanted to share with you an interesting document: "How to start a war"

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
yea...why not let everyone had nukes??....
....hell...let countries do what they want...if they want to sell these nukes to the fanatics living within the country then why the hell not?...youve got to be kidding me...enough countries already have nukes...too many actually...too dangerous...how many soviet nukes are missing?....The entire middle east has been hostile to Isreal since day 1...now lets let these neighbors (who by the way ganged up and attacked isreal less then 30 years ago) be armed with nukes?...not a good idea...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
From a purely ethical point of view one could argue Iran has no more or less rights to nuclear missiles as the usa, however this world is not about ethics but about the balance of power

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Most liberal's history comprehension stops when Bush was elected. "Bush opened the door to pre-emptive attacks?" Are you serious? You hate Bush and I love it!

I consider 9/11 a pre-emptive attack against the USA by Al Quida. I consider Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor a pre-emptive attack. I consider NKorea's attack against SKorea pre-emptive...etc.

You people are so delighted to take a shot at Bush you make yourselves look foolish. You are the fool for making a foolish "pre-emptive" charge against Bush.

Chief

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by w555hc

Most liberal's history comprehension stops when Bush was elected. "Bush opened the door to pre-emptive attacks?" Are you serious? You hate Bush and I love it!

You need to lose your focus on partisanship.

I consider 9/11 a pre-emptive attack against the USA by Al Quida.

Al Queda is not a nation. However, if you insist it was a pre-emptive attack, then you are denying the claim it was a terrorist attack. You can't have both.

I consider Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor a pre-emptive attack.

True - and it was defined legally as an initiating act of war.

You people are so delighted to take a shot at Bush you make yourselves look foolish. You are the fool for making a foolish "pre-emptive" charge against Bush.

Oh really?

format gremlin

[edit on 13-3-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
For all of you who believe Iran is building a Nuclear reactor for energy alone I say this:
Iran supplies 9% of the world's oil - With so much oil why does Iran need a nuclear power plant???????????
To build weapons so that it can be a world power.
An Islamic regiem with a Nuclear bomb is like giving the crusaders back then bombers and napalm. A weapon of mass-destruction in the hands of Muslim extremists is bad news. I think that anyone with minimal sense can see that.

If you want to avoid a high priced war (millions dead) learn from WWII - do not lay back and hope that everything turns out well. Pre-empt that threat - Israel struck Iraq in the early 80s and the world understood in the early 90s the great service Israel did back then. Of course the UN condemned Israel in the early 80s- Why not Israel are antagonists right? When Israel defends itself - ohhh those antagonists - when Arabs bomb Israeli children its self defense - Someone has his head screwed on wrong!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join