It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberty university: what’s going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The fittingly named Liberty University reopened a handful of weeks ago. The media met it with anti religious jokes and name calling.

So what happens to the students being open? It’s like there is a media blackout.

Do to no media coverage, I am guessing it’s going well to amazingly well, which would go against the narrative of fear and panic, so it hasn’t been in the media

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

According to their website, they’re doing it all digitally. That means no physical classes. They started it back at the end of March.

In light of Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s emergency ban on public gatherings of 10 or more people, Liberty University will transition all residential classes to an online digital format starting Monday, March 23.

Liberty Uni
edit on 2642020 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Things that use words like “liberty” or “patriot” in their names are usually the exact opposite. If they were those things it would go without saying.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let me explain, no it’s just a name. You know like NY Giants, not one player over 7ft.a reply to: underwerks

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Let me explain, no it’s just a name

That’s what I said.

“Liberty” University. “Patriot” act. “Patriot” movement.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Things that use words like “liberty” or “patriot” in their names are usually the exact opposite. If they were those things it would go without saying.

No smoking, drinking, or sex at "liberty"" some tasty irony there, eh?

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I’m sure that’s where it’s happening the most.

Lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There was an article about it.

Basically, they re-opened in the same capacity that a lot of other universities did. They had students that for whatever reason, mainly travel and lockdown related on both ends, could not go home through this mess. So they re-opened for those students, mostly foreign.

The press, sensing a chance to take a dig at an institution they don't like because it's linked so deeply to Christians and conservatives, jumped on Liberty U, but they really aren't doing anything different from most other universities with foreign students at this time. If you look, you'll find most campuses are open to students who just plain have nowhere to go even if they're closed for most practical intents and purposes.

If you haven't heard anything more about it, then those 1,100 students must not have gotten infected/died en masse.
edit on 26-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wait ... olaru, underwerks ... weren't the two of you upset over all the spring breakers defying quarantine to wallow in unrestrained smoking, drinking, sex?

What about your adherence to the liberty of the young then?

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: WUNK22

Let me explain, no it’s just a name

That’s what I said.

“Liberty” University. “Patriot” act. “Patriot” movement.

Poor underwerks.. still cannot tell the difference between apples and oranges.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Wait ... olaru, underwerks ... weren't the two of you upset over all the spring breakers defying quarantine to wallow in unrestrained smoking, drinking, sex?

What about your adherence to the liberty of the young then?

Not me, I was never for the quarantine and the accompanying economic collapse. You can read my response to this WH cluster**** here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Due to this BS, I have had to close my retail shop and layoff my loyal employees. I can't reopen....I did however give the LLC and inventorty to my employees and they can reopen if they want.

I can see what the future will bring...I'm done. Indeed "something wicked this way comes" I sure feel sorry for your kid and the world he will inherit.
edit on 26-4-2020 by olaru12 because: syntax repair

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You can read my response to this WH cluster**** here.

Yeah, this goes quite a bit beyond the White House, friend. Take a good look at who is trying keep things in lock-down mode.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Well liberty university is a joke.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Let me explain, no it’s just a name. You know like NY Giants, not one player over 7ft.a reply to: underwerks

World Series?

Wut.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Whew. That’s good to hear. I was getting really worried for the Christian-fundamentalists of America.

Nothing like a top-class education...

...based on a world no older than 6000 years....

top topics

join