It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, these infommercials about CoronaVirus...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So, these info-mercials about CoronaVirus are now saying that it's the people on Social Security or people with Pre-Existing Medical conditions or Black People that are affected most.

Isn't that a strangely political combination?

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
what are the infomercials selling?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I like when someone invariably says, "it's the new normal".

If there has ever been a phrase ever in the existence of my life that has ever pissed me off to no end, it is that phrase as it is currently used.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Probably the orange man bad 12 pack, with 25 percent more for free.

I've been seeing a lot of local commercials here talking about it's all trumps fault, goto this site and donate. It's hilarious, then a bit sad, then a bit more hilarious.

I just can't wrap my head around anyone not being critical of any sort of paid advertisement that seems to be nothing more than "hey FYI". It's textbook manipulation.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Probably the orange man bad 12 pack, with 25 percent more for free.

I've been seeing a lot of local commercials here talking about it's all trumps fault, goto this site and donate. It's hilarious, then a bit sad, then a bit more hilarious.

I just can't wrap my head around anyone not being critical of any sort of paid advertisement that seems to be nothing more than "hey FYI". It's textbook manipulation.

What's a commercial?

People still watch television stations?

In the age of streaming media just... why?

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

If there has ever been a phrase ever in the existence of my life that has ever pissed me off to no end, it is that phrase as it is currently used.

I hear ya...
"The New Normal" phrase is so F-ing annoying.... it's a totalitarian - re-education catch phrase.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: Fools

I hear ya...
"The New Normal" phrase is so F-ing annoying.... it's a totalitarian - re-education catch phrase.

Precisely, It's just more turning up the pot so nobody knows they are being cooked.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It does not matter what the issue is that is being reported by media. The secondary facts, figures and histories brought up by the internet searches will cloud and distort any original issue to the point where you will wish it was never seen.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Friends of mine in other states have said the same thing. But here in Vegas(Henderson) I’ve not seen any.
I have seen more Vegas strong type adds but don’t seem politically motivated.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I've been seeing a lot of commercials

Bidens always been there for you...

edit on 26-4-2020 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

That's is so eerie, its nauseating. Especially all the applause as the words "stay apart" are on the screen. That's pure programming.

Talk about manipulation at its finest. We really are consumer cattle to these corporations.

edit on 4/26/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well , at least granny isn't getting thrown over a cliff.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I too live in Henderson...same. Nothing political. a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You know what's quite bemusing to me? The fact that masks have become a fashionable accessory.

I see people rocking all kinds of materials and designs.

Masks branded with people's favorite sports teams, athletic wear, flames, lipstick lips, you name it.

When I sit in my car for lunch, I see people get out of their vehicles and check themselves out while putting their masks on.

People aren't wearing masks because it's necessary.
They are wearing masks because it's the in thing to do. It's become a fad.

The same people come into the store I work at and remove their masks, pull them under their chins to talk, and otherwise render them useless.

The materials that are being used to make masks are thin and flimsy. My job gabe me one that was basically elastane, spandex or lycra basically.

They're just for looks so that people feel comfortable approaching us. It's just for people's feels.

I don't wear mine. It's stupid.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Corporations doing what they've always done.

Marketing and propaganda playing off human emotions. They're going to cash in on this, and any crisis, however they can.

Remember "we're all in this together," but "stay home," and "stay apart," while buying our products because we care so much about you and your money.
edit on 2642020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

That video was like this telitubbies episode ( before you say anything, it was for the kid) , where they said, "orange" so many times in a row, I soon was questioning myself if orange was actually a word. This video gave my brain a boo boo.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Wow, didn't know I was infected, I receive SSI benefits after all.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Oh yes the age of Steam... takes me back..oh sorry Streaming Media sounds like a punk band from 1977

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

And nearly every commercial that mentions the virus, the people are so darn cheerful about it.

The commercials, about hygiene, etc. make it all look like so much fun.

Kind of like the person at school/work who is relentlessly cheerful and makes everyone want to choke them.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
What's a commercial?

People still watch television stations?

In the age of streaming media just... why?

Commercials are LITERALLY the reason I absolutely never watch TV. Haven't in years. If I can't stream it or download it without commercials, I won't watch it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join