It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who and what are you going to believe. Big study from Calif. blows covid-19 lethality away

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I would have to agree with these doctors. I have been saying this virus is not that bad, but because it spreads really easily and can effect people on certain meds and with compromised immune systems, I did agree that we needed to do social distancing and take precautions till we figured out more about this and we got ready for a massive influx of sick people. We are ready, the Feds guidlines seem to be good with reopening the economy fairly quickly, we also know that sun and ultraviolet light kills this quickly.

We must make sure to not infect those at risk. social distancing should be observed, we should wear masks if we are showing signs of this disease and not make fun of those who wear them to keep from getting infected. They may live with someone who is immune compromised or old, or may want to visit someone in the hospital later on when they start lessening the rules.

I highly doubt if there will be a vaccine, herd immunity is better anyway, Our body needs to learn to figure out how to fight this disease, some people are better at fighting it than others though, having only minor symptoms. It must be related to something many of us already know how to fight, something we have been exposed to.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Even with Flu shots available, 60,000 in the US have died from the Flu. Maybe the government will make a Covid-19 shot MANDATORY, or we'll be fined $$$.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: 727Sky

My God people are desperate to hear what they want to hear.

Can we get a link to the study?

Why not watch the video and review the information for yourself.

I did, there is no "study". He is trying to do a flawed basic extrapolation that is completely bogus and flawed as it assumes the same infection rate at a given moment in time . Get real, first there is no study.

Listen to what this fool is saying, out of 19 million people in New York only 19,000 have died and that is a .01% death rate. Think about it. Has the whole state of New York had Covid-19? Have the people who tested negative one time never going to get it days or weeks later?

I seriously question how anyone can listen to this and think that his argument is sound.

Now here is the real deal. We have to get sectors of this nation operational and cannot stay in lockdown. Not if we are going to eat.

The vulnerable should be accommodated and step one would be to allow anyone who is willing to get back out there and work those critical needs immediately. I am not an advocate for lockdowns for those with minimal risk as that is national suicide. But I am also not a supporter of bull# data and Global Warming style "extrapolations" which this is.
edit on 25-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Somebody wanted to crash the world economy, and they are still at it.

I think you should all go back to work. Im on paid family leave for 6 months, so Im going to continue enjoying staying home, sleeping in, gardening, cooking, watching movies, and surfing the net

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Even with Flu shots available, 60,000 in the US have died from the Flu. Maybe the government will make a Covid-19 shot MANDATORY, or we'll be fined $$$.

They haven't been able to make a successful SARS vaccine or a vaccine for Coronaviruses yet. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

We are throwing away a lot of taxpayer money trying to find a vaccine that probably will not work or will kill more people than this disease will.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

My God people are desperate to hear what they want to hear.

Can we get a link to the study?

Why not watch the video and review the information for yourself.

I did, there is no "study". He is trying to do a flawed basic extrapolation that is completely bogus and flawed as it assumes the same infection rate at a given moment in time . Get real, first there is no study.

Listen to what this fool is saying, out of 19 million people in New York only 19,000 have died and that is a .01% death rate. Think about it. Has the whole state of New York had Covid-19? Have the people who tested negative one time never going to get it days or weeks later?

I seriously question how anyone can listen to this and think that his argument is sound.

Now here is the real deal. We have to get sectors of this nation operational and cannot stay in lockdown. Not if we are going to eat.

The vulnerable should be accommodated and step one would be to allow anyone who is willing to get back out there and work those critical needs immediately. I am not an advocate for lockdowns for those with minimal risk as that is national suicide. But I am also not a supporter of bull# data and Global Warming style "extrapolations" which this is.

Give me a break. Nothing was being studied. He's taking known numbers and extrapolating quite well. If you can't see the clear solid logic in the numbers he's come up with, that seems pretty ridiculous to me. No "study" needed.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Somebody wanted to crash the world economy, and they are still at it.

I think you should all go back to work.

That would be great if a majority of people had a job to go back to.

The Obama Administration, and to be fair, the crash of 2008 created the largest service economy ever seen. Those jobs are gone, not to mention getting folks to forget their own hang ups now about interacting together again is another hurdle not being addressed.

That's going to take time we don't have to get things moving again.

This whole charade (in my opinion), has plunged millions, if not billions if allowed to continue, into severe hunger and poverty. Those that were at the cliff just got pushed over and like lemmings, there are waves of more behind them set to take the dive.

The cure is worse than the virus, and as I have said since the beginning of this, the virus was the perfect excuse and this is a TAKEOVER.

By all indications, the economy was set to tank anyway. However, better to blame that on a pandemic, than on those that have been bleeding our country dry for decades on end.

edit on 4/26/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

He's taking known numbers and extrapolating quite well.

No he isn't, he is taking some known numbers and then plugging in the entire population of NY as the infection rate. That is skewing his results.

In a random test for antibodies 20% tested positive and someone extrapolated that that would mean that 2.6M New Yorkers might have been infected and did not need medical aid. That is only 13% of the population so plugging in the entire population of NY as the infection rate is going to give you the numbers he got but that, as infolurker pointed out, it is flawed.

ETA: By the way the title of the thread does say "Big study from Calif. blows covid-19 lethality away" so it isn't a stretch when someone points out that there was no study and it is even worse when you state "Nothing was being studied".
edit on 26-4-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I hope it doesn't cause any weird permanent side effects like chicken pox for example. They're both viruses and you can get shingles if you've had chicken pox because the virus "is in you dormant forever".

The 1976 swine flu vaccine caused Guillain–Barré syndrome in some peeople.
edit on 26-4-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Or mandatory, or you are not able to even go to work. (unless you have Gates' RFID chip??) 🤔🤔🤔

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, and South Dakota are 4 of those 5. Also the 4 lowest population density states. It's difficult to BS people when the numbers are that low.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Since people who do not have an illness, absolutely cannot die of it. Including the uninfected, in the mortality figures for a disease is not rational.

Perhaps that is why the mortality figures that these 'doctors' have produced, differ from official figures.

Normally, when calculating the mortality rates of a disease, it is related entirely to the death rates of those who are infected with the disease.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But they all have registered CV-19 deaths, so it would seem that they are reporting some, without being forced by law as The2Billies claimed.

If they wanted to sneak a couple in on that day they could have.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Actually, 3 of Alaska's deaths involved total disease cycles, from infection through symptoms, to eventual death all entirely outside of Alaska. They were counted on AK's list because they were Alaskan residents BUT that move happened days after each on died, so I'm also pretty sure they were also counted in the states they actually died in.

AK is done with this crap.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This laser focus on the number of deaths is an exercise in futility, especially in ratio to the number of infected. We don't know. And we cannot know. And it serves no purpose except propaganda and fear mongering.

We know the official numbers have been falsely inflated by officials recording deaths "with" CoV as "by" CoV. But we also know that at home deaths have soared, especially in NYC:

There’s Been a Spike in People Dying at Home in Several Cities. That Suggests Coronavirus Deaths Are Higher Than Reported.

Necessarily, some portion of those at-home deaths will be due to Coronavirus, though not every one. We have no idea what proportion though, and no way of knowing.

We also know that a good proportion of the genuine CoV-infected deaths are caused by inappropriate treatment... or no treatment at all. Especially because people are being refused medical care until they're "turning blue" -- in other words, when it's pretty much too little too late. Another example, some of what I'm reading says that chloroquine can be effective when administered early, but it can also have adverse effects on the heart -- especially if administered late. We know that patients are being denied early CPAP treatment, forcing many to reach death's door before being put on a ventilator. And we're now learning that sometimes ventilators make the condition worse. Compounded by the fact that these ventilators are also subject to being contaminated with various antibiotic resistant bacteria, transmitted to the patients (Ventilator Associated Pneumonia -- VAP).

Sometimes denying ignorance requires recognizing and acknowledging our ignorance. It's important to know what we do not and/or cannot know.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Did you compare a month of flu deaths to a month of covid deaths, I'm guessing you are comparing a years flu stats to roughly a month of covid stats.

Not arguing for anything here, other than tired of BS stats from all sides.

A couple of problems with this is - a) people don't die from the virus, they die from the complications from it, and the complications appear to be roughly the same - mostly SARS, and b) most people who die from the flu are not listed as dying from the flu, they are listed as dying from the underlying illness or complication.

And yes, b) means that there are far, far more deaths from flu than the stats show.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
And we're now learning that sometimes ventilators make the condition worse.

Actually, it is looking more like they always make it worse - to the point that you have a 90% chance of dying if you get put on one.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
it could be argued many who have swallowed the doom and gloom narrative without question simply hear what they want and move on. It’s obvious many do not like to question anything.

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Actually, it is looking more like they always make it worse - to the point that you have a 90% chance of dying if you get put on one.

I've seen such references. I haven't had a chance to check them out in depth yet.

But that's pretty darn scary.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Our death toll stats are also manipulated, many sources citing this now.

a reply to: vonclod

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join