It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why opening up won't work right now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Too many people being paid more to stay home, they aint going back to work until that money is gone.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Take your criteria and shove it.

But we should open up all the way - the Governeor should simply tell it like it is...

"We all fell for a whopper. Please, everyone, just go back to your lives, and forgive us our momentary lapse of reason."

Dude even the president is telling him too soon. How should the people feel.
He is telling them to Open Wide, their local politicians are saying no way. Who do you believe?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
Too many people being paid more to stay home, they aint going back to work until that money is gone.

That money can't go on forever. I know some would love it, but it is not sustainable and cause hyperinflation for everyone.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: toolgal462

That money can't go on forever. I know some would love it, but it is not sustainable and cause hyperinflation for everyone.

yes, that is likely but that is the current situation we now have.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Dude even the president is telling him too soon. How should the people feel.

Trump is wrong on this, and u nless/until he has fascist Fauci and Birx arrested on national TV and charged with crimes against humanity, I have to assume he has chosen to remain ignorant on the subject.

He is telling them to Open Wide, their local politicians are saying no way. Who do you believe?

I believe my own judgement.

And I deny your or anyone else's authority to tell me I can't go to work or take my kids to a playground or anywhere else I damn well please based on nothing but your own irrational fears and/or petty-tyrant-wanna-be inclinations.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The county around us will be starting to go into phase 1 on May 3. Hopefully things progress smoothly and they can hit phase 2 by the end of May so that kiddo's summer camps can roll into session.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How are you going to feel safe? if you can;t or don;t know when you will feel safe. You see I think the media has done an excellent job in spreading fear.

CNN for example : we have 45,000 deaths today do I hear 46,000 deaths over there come on guys we can get to 50,000 deaths." Like an auctioneer they seem to garner some type of joy from this.

So I am not afraid of this virus. but when I would be concerned from this virus is when 12 year olds start dying, when basketball players whoa re fit and healthy start dying, when 20 year olds start dying when 30 year olds start dying, meaning when a virus starts killing indiscriminately. I think thats when I would start thinking that I need to become a prepper and head for the hills.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

wow you are optimistic. You think summer camps are still going to happen?? I hope so.

here is a question? when do you think people will stop wearing the mask?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It feels like a special vacation to me. I do have a few 100 thousand put away, so Im not stressing about money. If people were more conservative with their spending habits, and not living hand to mouth, beyond their means, they would enjoy it too. The air is so much fresher, and I rarely see cars drive down my block.

I love hanging out in the garden.

I do however feel for the small business owners, who are being hurt. Some run on smaller profit margins.

Being a prepper, after joining ATS has helped me tremendiously

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

People are getting bent out of shape over something that is just going to be the new normal. The H1N1 virus killed 50000 Americans in the eight years after that epidemic officially ended

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

You must have “disposable” income. Must be nice.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

If people go by the Federal guidelines, then a place has a chance to open a bit more every 14 days provided cases level or drop off. Phase 2 is one where schools and camps may open.

So if our area starts into phase 1 at the first of May, we have 30 days to hit phase 2 by the Federal standards. Of course, local standards can vary from those, but if things progress smoothly and our area hits it's standards smoothly through May, then I am hopeful that camps will convene in June at some point. All of our son's camps are week to week, so they can cancel a week or three early and then convene later in the summer if they choose.

I am very hopeful that by July and August things will be rolling along fairly well unless all the doom-criers are correct.

So the tl;dr answer is that I am cautiously hopeful that our son will be in his weekly summer camps at some point in June.

I am hopeful that masks will start disappearing from most areas by mandate except for areas populated by the vulnerable within the next month or so outside of the paranoid.

edit on 24-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

You must have “disposable” income. Must be nice.

I really dislike it when people make statements like that.

I have "disposable" income, you know why, because there was a time I didn't, and I learned my lesson.
If you don't have disposable income, that sucks, but don't begrudge someone that does.

Sure there are people really living hand to mouth, but there are also huge portions of the population that need a major lesson in personal finance. There are also huge chunks of the population that don't know wants from needs like the other posted said.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: American-philosopher
There is no way Goergia should open. they don;t meet the criteria to open.

Take your criteria and shove it.

But we should open up all the way - the Governeor should simply tell it like it is...

"We all fell for a whopper. Please, everyone, just go back to your lives, and forgive us our momentary lapse of reason."

Exactly when you remove the emotion the fear the paranoia and look the math. Georgia averaged 7100 deaths a month in 2018 85,202 for the year and we shutting down the whole state for 889 deaths in 3 months. The projections were way off and yes if you want to stay home stay home there should be a grace period

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If Miami decides to open up again, I will wait a week and then get the f### out of the house and go to the gym, class etc. At this point, I really don't think this pandemic is warranted when the government has began to do some shady s###.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Being a prepper, after joining ATS has helped me tremendiously

When the toilet paper run first started a month ago, I developed my standup comedy routine for the ametur comedy night that I will hopefully have a chance to do. No offense to prepper's ofcourse.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

People are getting bent out of shape over something that is just going to be the new normal.
a reply to: carewemust

I dislike that term "The new Normal" what does that even mean?? sounds like New Speak to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

If people were more conservative with their spending habits, and not living hand to mouth, beyond their means, they would enjoy it too.

You are really saying something I think a lot of people are not wanting to admit. They rather be angry at the wrong things, or comfortable for the wrong reason.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

People are getting bent out of shape over something that is just going to be the new normal.
a reply to: carewemust

I dislike that term "The new Normal" what does that even mean?? sounds like New Speak to me.

New Normal means something different to mainstream media and Democrat politicians, than it does to most Americans.

To me, it means accepting that there is just one more killer present in our environment, and not a big one at that.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Given that most everything now is about managing perceptions, expectations, and fear levels.. Im inclined to agree, at least when it comes to the idea of just jumping back to "normal" overnight.

Doesnt really seem to be about the medical side of things anymore, or aspects like hospital occupancy, realisitic expectations with viruses or infectious diseases, etc.

That means it needs to be handled much differently, and if the media (not just the news, mind) doesnt want any of this to stop.. That will be extraordinarily difficult to overcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join