It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Government Sponsored Food Shortages Next?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I doubt even the best of preppers would be able to get crops to grow if SHTF. It takes time for a calf to mature. You don't want pigs running loose on your property. You've got to know that you keep your male and female goats separated for a reason.

Can I say I freaking hate John Freaking Deere. Sure I like their products, but I hate that they don't want you to own it anymore! We all see the writing on the wall with that. smh

If food actually stopped (I don't think it will personally)
It would take a combination of things for survival, some would be more necessary depending on where you live (cold climate vs. warm).
Intensive farming
preservation skills (which is even less known than farming, practically a lost art)
and foraging/hunting

I know I could do all three. The farming part is really interesting because even the best farmers/gardeners have bad years too. New gardeners also have no clue how bad bugs are or how bad animals and vermin are. A horn-worm can take down a whole plant overnight. That's always funny to see from people.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Can I say I freaking hate John Freaking Deere.

Can I hand you a microphone and turn up the speakers?

If food actually stopped (I don't think it will personally)

You're right. It probably won't. I've got a bad feeling we're going to see change (that's not for the better) before the end of the year though.

The farming part is really interesting because even the best farmers/gardeners have bad years too.

Bad years are manageable if your operations are diverse and the larger collective is working well together. Keeping outside influences at bay is more time consuming than most people can envision ... and one greedy little bastard can upset the community for a generation or more.

My old man was the last surviving son of a family in feud. I was just a step-son, but found myself in one life threatening confrontation and several bad assaults. Funny how that 'works' ... and the memory storm I'm experiencing as I type.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join