It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. William Barr says SEX-for-RENT Landlords will be Prosecuted.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Friday, April 24, 2020

It seems William Barr's experience gained as a 2-time U.S. Attorney General is coming in handy. He's tackling several things at the same time, with ease.

Because 26 Million people are suddenly jobless, due to the ginned up CoronaVirus hysteria, landlords are offering tenants the opportunity to perform sex acts, instead of paying all the rent that month.

You'd think that this would be a legal BARTER arrangement, instead of a CASH arrangement, but Attorney General Barr says otherwise:

Attorney General William Barr on Thursday urged federal prosecutors to crack down on landlords demanding sex from tenants during the coronavirus pandemic.

“The current times are difficult enough without predatory practices by unscrupulous landlords,” Barr wrote in a memo to US attorneys.
More at: nypost.com...

Last year, there was a woman landlord who gave both men and women breaks in their rent for doing her "favors". The local news carried the story in a light-hearted way.

Maybe Sex-Instead-of-Cash is only illegal during a National State of Emergency.

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/24/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It needs to be stopped. Otherwise, people will start using sex exchange for everything.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

It needs to be stopped. Otherwise, people will start using sex exchange for everything.

Then we'll have new diseases running rampant. Good point!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

There goes my business model..
2nd

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
What about rent for sex tenants? Many tenants will gladly offer sex to pay for rent. Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. For many people sex is the only thing they're good at & the only thing they really have to offer the world. Wealthy men have all the resources, which many poor women will happily trade sex for. This is the way of the world. When times get tough most women will offer sex to accumulate resources. What are single mothers supposed to do with their children at home now 24/7. How are they supposed to make money when they must watch their children like good mothers do. If a beautiful women offered to have sex with me anytime i want for a roof over her head, I'd happily have sex with her.

Women's perspective on men will change during COVID19. Instead of looking for irresponsible poor feminine male boy toys, women will start wanting to be with men with resources who can support them & their children. Since children will now be staying home 1 parent will have to stay at home to watch them & will probably no longer be able to work. It's about time the tide changed and women realized their true place in the world again. Women are supposed to be mothers & men are supposed to be providers of resources to help support their women & children. That's the natural order.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Hmmmm.... unless this sexual encounter is of the voyeuristic nature, any and all such acts would be a gross violation of social distancing orders...

Morals aside, not very helpful in "slowing" the spread!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sounds like fun!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
...many poor women will happily desperately trade sex for.

No woman in this position is "happy" or engages in such acts "happily." There may be times when she feels it is her best option, but it is never a good option. I guarandamntee you that women would happily choose better if she could.

Women's perspective on men will change during COVID19.

Mansplaining alert!!!

...men are supposed to be providers of resources to help support their women & children. That's the natural order.

Maybe... maybe not. But if true, then MEN failed miserably.
edit on 24-4-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It's about time the tide changed and women realized their true place in the world again. Women are supposed to be mothers & men are supposed to be providers of resources to help support their women & children. That's the natural order.

That's the problem with today.

Seems 'the obvious' needs to be stated. I also see your post 'struck a nerve' already. LOL

Hahahahahahaha

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
BRB need to go clarify something with someone....

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

What about rent for sex tenants? Many tenants will gladly offer sex to pay for rent. Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. For many people sex is the only thing they're good at & the only thing they really have to offer the world. Wealthy men have all the resources, which many poor women will happily trade sex for. This is the way of the world. When times get tough most women will offer sex to accumulate resources. What are single mothers supposed to do with their children at home now 24/7. How are they supposed to make money when they must watch their children like good mothers do. If a beautiful women offered to have sex with me anytime i want for a roof over her head, I'd happily have sex with her.

Women's perspective on men will change during COVID19. Instead of looking for irresponsible poor feminine male boy toys, women will start wanting to be with men with resources who can support them & their children. Since children will now be staying home 1 parent will have to stay at home to watch them & will probably no longer be able to work. It's about time the tide changed and women realized their true place in the world again. Women are supposed to be mothers & men are supposed to be providers of resources to help support their women & children. That's the natural order.

Amazing how you managed to post from the 1950s.

One for the time travel threads.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This was wrong before the pandemic ever hit and it is still wrong.
This is used to exploit disadvantaged people just struggling to get by on a daily basis.
Unless it is explicitly written in to a rental contract about sexual acts being used to pay rent it is not legally binding (or legal to begin with?).
What will stop a landlord from still trying to collect monetary rent or evict someone after the sexual act is consummated?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ It's about time the tide changed and women realized their true place in the world again. Women are supposed to be mothers & men are supposed to be providers of resources to help support their women & children. That's the natural order.

Some people watch The Handmaiden’s Tale and think, “Oh my, this is terrible.”, and some people watch The Handmaiden’s Tale and think, “Oh my, what a wonderful world!”

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

lol, something needs to change,
I believe recent events have exposed how insane and ass-o-nine our current capitalistic model is.

It's not sustainable, to operate as we have been, look at history, that doesn't look beneficial to the public.

WE've DESTROYED the middle class, you got people working 40+ hours a week, and BARELY making a dent in savings...
If your arse is working 40+ hours a week, you shouldn't be struggling, that's for sure. Not when we have people making more money off benefits, we have an issue that's so huge, but not many care, unless it happens to them.

While others only have to make a certain amount more, and they're fine, exponentially afterwards.

SO, we got some work to do, or the haves and have nots, are going to be the next world war.
edit on 24-4-2020 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Attorney General William Barr on Thursday urged federal prosecutors to crack down on landlords demanding sex from tenants during the coronavirus pandemic.

I think Barr is right in the way he stated it. "landlords DEMANDING" sex from tenants" should have their back-side kicked with extreme prejudice, but two consenting adults bartering is not the governments business. I have seen this happen locally, and it was actually the tenants idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Seriously? Barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen, huh?

edit on 4/24/2020 by Klassified because: add quote

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I agree, as a woman.
As long as she does not feel coerced, threatened, manipulated in any way, or if it was HER idea?

Nobody's business but hers.

Some people here are acting like women don't actually like sex.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

LOL
Maybe it's me, but I thought what he/she was getting at, was that we were supposed to be revered, like we used to be.

I could handle a little of that.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

No woman in this position is "happy" or engages in such acts "happily." There may be times when she feels it is her best option, but it is never a good option. I guarandamntee you that women would happily choose better if she could.

I agree. Few women(or men) are going to be happy about engaging in obligatory sex just to survive another day.

Maybe... maybe not. But if true, then MEN failed miserably.

I don't necessarily disagree, but can you elaborate on this?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Does this count if you're married to the person?

Asking for a friend.

<<   2  3 >>

join