It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media wrong again: 'high temps and humidity significantly reduce spread of COVID-19'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Source

According to the researchers' findings, “High temperature and high relative humidity significantly reduce the transmission of COVID-19.” An increase of just one degree Celsius and 1% relative humidity increase substantially lower the virus’s transmission, according to the data analyzed by the researchers.

The scientists' findings align with what some experts have suspected about weather's impact, including Hong Kong University pathology professor John Nicholls, who told AccuWeather that research on a lab-grown copy of SARS-CoV-2, "in cold environments, there is longer virus survival than warm ones."

Not all scientists agree, but there's a growing body of data to suggest temperature, humidity and in some cases sunlight significantly reduce the spread of the disease.

Here's another source. Someone will dishonestly cry that my source a "tabloid," but the source is actually DHS scientists, so don't fall for that misdirection.

Remember when Trump said spring might help slow the spread of the virus and the media pretended that was asinine and like Trump just made that up out of thin air? Of course, some scientists were saying this back then, which is where Trump got the idea, but the media must reflexively say everything Trump says is wrong.

Media was wrong, again.

And the media themselves accidentally provided support to Trump's argument by claiming lately that the virus will be "back" this fall. How is it going to come "back" if it isn't diminished in spring and summer?

And before someone pretends that I'm saying the virus will go away on its own as the weather gets warmer, there are many other factors:

However, as the papers' authors, Nicholls, Ferrell, and a host of other health experts have noted, there are many factors that could influence the transmission of COVID-19, including public health policies, like social distancing, that have been enforced and the population's ability to carry those methods out. Even the virus' propensity for surviving on surfaces could be a complicating factor.

While the weather may not be the ultimate factor in how devastating the pandemic becomes, researchers may now have a new tool to use in piecing together the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Someone should have probably told that to the Philippines.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Predictable. Didn't read the OP.

No one is claiming weather is the ONLY factor.

Next.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It would have to show some sort of noticeable difference, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This will not be as much of a problem in the summer, it will be a seasonal event. Ultraviolet light kills this virus, even in droplet form....the sun will purify the environment. Ultraviolet light also penetrates into our skin somewhat. They were considering trying UV light to kill it in the lungs, by sending a camera down a tube into the lungs with special UV lights on it. I have a couple of those kinds of lights but no UV bulbs on them. I do not think they would need a twenty five footer though.

Some doctors have been adding Hydrogen peroxide to IVs to treat this, Hydrogen peroxide is created by our bodies to promote healing and dissolving of microbes. But that is NOT the kind of hydrogen peroxide we have in our homes that they are using in IVs, it is a special medical grade and only a doctor knowledgeable with this would know how to use it. It also seems to destroy some immune system cells so using it is very controversial in something like this. I have my doubts about it working, but it is done by some medical professionals. There is more interest in this now, I think that is what Trump was discussing in a recent update.

Looky looky......think about this. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Why are older Americans more at risk for covid?

edit on 23-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Whenever MEDIA WRONG AGAIN truth is spoken, this unspoken truth also exists: TRUMP RIGHT AGAIN.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Here's what Trump said after this presentation. They had an OP on it but it was for some reason I can't fathom closed.

After the presentation, Trump asked whether UV light could be used to help people with the virus, whether sunlight could be brought “inside the body,” or whether disinfectant materials could be injected into bodies or used to cleanse bodies in the same way they disinfect surfaces.

“So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way,” Trump said, adding it “sounds interesting.”

link

This is really pretty crazy folks.

Do you know what UV light can do to the skin, folks?

Trump is here speculating on somehow getting a powerful dose of UV light to people with COVID 19! And even to be brought inside the human body!

edit on 23-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The Philippines has 4 Covid-19 deaths, for every 1 million people there.

www.worldometers.info...

Is that what you are trying to point out?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Since Trump lies all the time, according to our wise US Democrats, you can't expect us to take those words seriously, can you?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What I read is that heat, humidity destroys the whole heap, that was ages ago.
Nothing to do with Trump being a holistic preacher, It remains to be seen.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Not as easy as it may look though..one reason why it's a tentative approach for COVID-19, rather than a no-brainer.

edit on 23-4-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

LOL, I guess in a strange way this lunacy we hope is a lie from his perspective.

Cause if it ain't, we'z in serious trouble, serious trouble.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
No, you cant do that Trump because the disease is a cellular and microscopic phenomenon.

If someone knew the virus was on a particular surface, something that can only be certain from a scientist, not a layman, then one can apply such treatments to it.

BUT NOT INSIDE THE BODY, TRUMP.

You can’t vacuum clean the virus from someone’s insides?

...You know one almost feels sorry for Trump.

Almost….

But not really, because IMO he’s too destructive and dangerous

This is getting really, really scary!

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Here's what Trump said after this presentation. They had an OP on it but it was for some reason I can't fathom closed.

After the presentation, Trump asked whether UV light could be used to help people with the virus, whether sunlight could be brought “inside the body,” or whether disinfectant materials could be injected into bodies or used to cleanse bodies in the same way they disinfect surfaces.

“So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way,” Trump said, adding it “sounds interesting.”

link

This is really pretty crazy folks.

Do you know what UV light can do to the skin, folks?

Trump is here speculating on somehow getting a powerful dose of UV light to people with COVID 19! And even to be brought inside the human body!

I read about how they are considering to use the UV light in some medical articles. They are supposed to be trying this by now. It is taking one of those remote cameras and sticking it down a tube into the lung and turning on it's specially designed UV light system to treat the inside of the lungs. I think that this is being considered by the FDA as a treatment for this virus but it needs testing because right now it is only a theory.

Again, this is not Trump's idea, he is just presenting it to the public. It is not yet tested or approved, UV light would be able to disable many viruses, this could be a major viral medical breakthrough....IF IT ACTUALLY WORKS. They are not going to know till they try it. They need to assess the damage it will cause before approving this kind of treatment, it may actually cause negative side effects farther down the line...we will have to see.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well we know UV light does something else to the skin.
perhaps it explains this

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light and I think you said that hasn't

“And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks [the virus] out [from a surface] in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that [by] injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets on the lungs and it does a tremendous number,” Trump pondered

You cant put perfume on a pig.

He ad libbed about what disinfectants could do inside the human body.

“And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks [the virus] out [from a surface] in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that [by] injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets on the lungs and it does a tremendous number,” Trump pondered.

That suggestion further concerned Redlener, who said on MSNBC: “The fact the president asked about injecting disinfectants or isopropyl alcohol into the human body was kind of jaw-dropping.”

He said UV light could be very harmful to people and it was not safe to air unbalanced medical debates on primetime. It was “a pack of nonsense” and “really distressing” to hear, he said.

Several medical experts immediately took to Twitter to plead with people not to experiment with ingesting bleach, UV light or isopropyl alcohol. “To be clear: Intracavitary UV light and swallowing bleach or isopropyl alcohol can kill you,” New York emergency medicine physician Dara Kass tweeted. “Don’t do it.”

link

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Take a deep breath..

Look into UV tech that is being developed that doesnt damage human tissue, like Far UV (its cool stuff).

And probably avoid thedailybeast for.. obvious reasons.

ETA: And things like hotter temps, sunlight, etc. will tend to mitigate viruses. Dunno why everything has to be "all or nothing" nowadays.
edit on 23-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Trump did not know what disinfectants they were talking about in the IVs, he is sloppily relaying what they were discussing, I would guess that they were discussing hydrogen peroxide, it both boosts oxygen in the blood and can help to destroy the virus. Here is a video on some doctors that are treating patients. www.youtube.com...

This is not the first place I have seen this. The nebulizer with hydrogen peroxide seems like it could actually be promising. The blood infusions do seem to be something that may help too, because I stated that Hydrogen peroxide is created by our bodies to heal wounds, it stimulates the release of stem cells from our own cells which helps our body form new cells. In theory it does work, but that needs to be tested. Now, hydrogen peroxide is a disinfectant and a normal constituant of our bodies, it is increased in older people and often contributes to old people's hair turning white. When a person's regular immune system goes weak, the production of hydrogen peroxide goes up and this sort of bleaches people's hair. Trouble with older people is that their telomeres are not very big and the DNA cannot replicate as well anymore to make new cells without the cells being damaged and destroyed.

It's sad that I know so much about all these things, I used to be happy fishing and hunting and building stuff, which I no longer can do. I am trying to get my grandkids interested in fishing and berry picking, but they are hooked on video games. So I am stuck reading scientific articles to stem my curiousity, I come here to ATS to stimulate my curiosity to find multiple directions to do research in. Mostly in medical science, but also in molecular biology and physics. Nothing better to do unless I start drinking or smoking MJ to dumb me down a bit.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I linked your post in this thread.

I hope you don't mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is a Pleomorphic Bacteria that has a Lipid Fat protective coating that in most cases must be breached to kill the living material inside the viral sized "capsule".....or....you can use different treatment to kill the little bacteria INSIDE its shell without physically breaching its lipid fat coating.

The target here is a LIVING BACTERIA HIDDEN INSIDE A LIPID FAT SHELL that makes it look like a normal viral capsule of dead inert material AS IT FROLICS IN THE BLOODSTREAM... ALIVE AND DOING WELL.

You can target the protective shell or you can target whats inside of it......your call.

BUTyou have to KILL this bug...its not dead material inside a viral sized capsule loitering in the bloodstream....its a living thing hiding in places only dead things normally thrive....its a Bacteria that thrives in an oxygen absent environment but that CAN also survive in an oxygenated environment. You will find its DNA inside "capsules" of supposedly dead material that are viral sized and in the bloodstream while simultaneously finding its DNA in Bacterial samples from the gut....this is the curve-ball that has caught everyone off-guard...but not all of us.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
This is a Pleomorphic Bacteria that has a Lipid Fat protective coating that in most cases must be breached to kill the living material inside the viral sized "capsule".....or....you can use different treatment to kill the little bacteria INSIDE its shell without physically breaching its lipid fat coating.

The target here is a LIVING BACTERIA HIDDEN INSIDE A LIPID FAT SHELL that makes it look like a normal viral capsule of dead inert material AS IT FROLICS IN THE BLOODSTREAM... ALIVE AND DOING WELL.

You can target the protective shell or you can target whats inside of it......your call.

BUTyou have to KILL this bug...its not dead material inside a viral sized capsule loitering in the bloodstream....its a living thing hiding in places only dead things normally thrive....its a Bacteria that thrives in an oxygen absent environment but that CAN also survive in an oxygenated environment. You will find its DNA inside "capsules" of supposedly dead material that are viral sized and in the bloodstream while simultaneously finding its DNA in Bacterial samples from the gut....this is the curve-ball that has caught everyone off-guard...but not all of us.

Peer Reviewed citation needed...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join