It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are starting to ignore the fearmongering

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
originally posted by: Golani
"Yep, I figure we'll open too soon and screw up any kind of recovery. Many people can't wrap their heads around the issue"

What I can't wrap my head around is why my going out threatens you if you stay in your house. Put a sign on our front door that says CHINESE FLU FREE ZONE (or the made up name Covid-19, or whatever you want), and I promise I'll stay away from you!:

This, times 1,000, would give you 100 stars if I could...

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

In Miami, FL we are not stopped from going outside to exercise.

I did like 4 miles today on my bike, every day this week in fact. But parks are closed. And I see other people out walking and running. Also nothing is stopping anyone from going in their backyard to get fresh air or exercise.

And that's great that it does. Currently it's 89 F outside with 59% humidity. I'll pass it along to others. When it hits 95 F with 70% humidity we should all be cured. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Golani
Yep, I figure we'll open too soon and screw up any kind of recovery. Many people can't wrap their heads around the issue.

What I can't wrap my head around is why my going out threatens you if you stay in your house. Put a sign on our front door that says CHINESE FLU FREE ZONE (or the made up name Covid-19, or whatever you want), and I promise I'll stay away from you!

If you are so damn scared of the possibility of getting sick, you stay home, curled into a fetal position in the most remote corner of the most remote room in your house. You see, that way if I go out and you stay in, you don't have to worry about me getting you sick.

As a matter of fact, you are and have always been statistically many, many times more likely to die in an auto accident or some other random occurrence than you are from contracting the Chinese CCP virus. So, why don't you just plan to live the rest of your life in the back corner of that back room where you'll be safe, safe, safe from all the bad things that might happen to you?
:

Stars for hyperbole, nice work if you can get it.

The problem with your very knee jerk reaction is, as more information is coming out it's showing that CV19 is attacking the body in lethal non-expected ways and that most of the initial assumptions made by medical personal were widely inaccurate.
www.washingtonpost.com... utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpinl_tyh

Have to also point out being cautious isn't nearly the same as hiding in ones safe room.
Your right to ignore the risks do not supersede mine to remain alive. Like it or not this is an emergency situation, something new we don't even vaguely have a handle on yet.

As sick of the hype an shut-down as I am, maybe you could tell me how you know my body isn't going to react any more than the if it was the ordinary flu? I don't, you don't. The reason you "may" see life going on as normal is because essential workers are going from home to work, working massive overtime an just haven't had time or opportunity to get sick yet. (yes plenty have, but not all)

Can't shop cause stores on limited hours.
Can't visit friends or family cause no time with mandatory work
PPE'd out the wazoo at work so difficult to catch it there
Social distancing mandatory so getting close to people not happening

A slow rollout of reopening buys us time for the medical community to get answers. Not talking Govt agencies, or even big Pharma. I mean regular doctors in regular practices.

A slow rollout gives us time to see what works and what doesn't.
Example, outdoor arena's ok, indoor venues maybe not.

Companies also have to have time to recoup money spent on equipment for stay-at-home workers. Possibly many more can work from home an it IS cost effective? Snap them all back at once into their offices an that cost outlay becomes permanent.

Fearmongering is rampant but so is idiocy. There is a middle ground.
None of this situation is "Either Or".

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Got it, you can go outside to exercise so every body in the world can go outside and exercise...

Also can you please point out where I said it was a cure all go ahead Ill wait!

I posted something in Rant you might want to take a look at!
edit on 24-4-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i have noticed same thing. I live in New Jersey. Hard hit state. I personally know over 20 people who got corona . Some really sick, some not so much. But past week or so, lots more cars on the road. People are getting antsy sitting home. You can only sit home and do nothing for so long. Only way to know for sure how the virus will react is to start going back to life and see what happens.
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

edit on 24-4-2020 by HODOSKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

From a Southerner , when we hear those first 3 words "Mark my words..." anything following that is horsesh__ and to be completely ignored.

Bless your heart.

Being a non-southerner, it took me a while to figure out that southerners talk in code, cannot talk to one another without fear of insulting someone and I find that hypocritical. I’d rather be talked to without having to decode what they said two hours later. I like the NE states, saves me time for interpretation. Just the facts jack.

You should have started that post out with "Mark my words..."

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Great post!

I am glad to hear what's happening down under, and I'm hoping the same thing is happening here in the US. Again we were lied to.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Leaders in the Democrat Party are trying to see how far they can push their Authority.

Our Illinois Governor just announced that starting May 1st , everyone who goes out in public must wear a mask.

I hope everybody gets a big bandana to wear, so when the active retaliation and pushback comes, our faces will not be easily identifiable.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I never said that. Restrictions vary from place to place. But in the places that they can. People should.

I thought the lol showed that I was joking.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
apologies, I made a rant not based off our interaction but real life interactions where people freaked on me in a similar fashion when I mentioned the historical basis of sunlight being beneficial and mentioned an Aljazeera article talking about the effect of sunlight heat and humidity on the life span of the virus outside a host.

So I am a little irritated about it all today.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” - FDR

People should listen to this former President

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It seems there have been a few shifts in society recently.

One seems to be a move away from "I saw it on the news, so it must be true" to "I didnt see it on *my* news, so it must be false."

Might seem like a small thing, semantics even, but the latter perception casts a much, much larger shadow.

I see folks who were questioning the fearmongering all along.. continue to do so. However, those that trust everything they are shown just on the news (not including other media), and distrust everything else, dont seem to be doing any more questioning than they ever have. If it happens at all, it tends to just get redirected to some tried and true focal points, like Trump.

"Hey.. this seems suspect.. I wonder if.. Oh right! We are supposed to hate Trump! Gittem!" ..Or any of the other fallbacks. They are interwoven into the fear marketing to make sure the foundation of the Manipulation Machine remains solid.

Thats not to say "no one" breaks free from it, but those that remain tend to get worse and more zealous.. so in a way, it balances out.
edit on 25-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

It seems there have been a few shifts in society recently.

I've noticed changes to.... more than one person in my sphere of "real" people have said things like...

"These people are putting freedom ahead of safety/life, it's disgusting"

That's some very scary thinking right there.
edit on 25-4-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Over the past maybe.. 5 -10 years, Ive noticed similar thought processes really amp up.

People will even tell me how much Ive "changed," when Ive been blathering about the same crap for many years. To the point where I really wonder why I bother..

Stuff Ive worked on that some used to think was pretty cool, is now met with patronising condescension.

Ive found that many fall back on the saying "dont discuss politics/religion in polite company." But what really happens is that I see them only talk to other people that agree in every way. The moment you say something "different," thats strike one. Frequently thats all it takes, even with people I used to have delightful debates and disagreements with on a consistent basis.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Sounds like an AVR loop, but ya you get an automated voice response instead of a person. It’s ore-recorded but looks like you never got to a person because no one was there. Or whoever was there had too much with no help.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think we can all agree on one thing: Bill Gates desperately needs another pie to the face.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
These social changes have been going on for much longer than the past ten years, and shift back and forth due to politics, ethics, and the media.

I've noticed a trend going back before 9/11 where people were generally beginning to "lean left." Here recently though I've noticed that things are, in my opinion, actually swing back towards the right.

I speak with a lot of younger folks, teens, early twenties, the like. More and more of them are actually vocal about being against a lot of what the Democrats and media are pushing.

The younger folks I talk to don't trust any media source, and are skeptical about just about everything.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

They most certainly have! Arguably since pre-WWII in their current incarnation. Much longer than that in principle.

However, the actual personal impact is going to vary, specifically in regards to severity. Id put that at around 5-10 years for me, with a strong relation to the massive uptick in buzzwords ~2012.

The specific modern methods began in earnest with large social platforms, with the weeding out of the ones that wouldnt play ball (leaving us with facebook, twitter, etc.)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If anyone had a half of a brain, they'd be ignoring the fear mongering Deep State-run media from the start.

Malleable-brained Dems are taken-in by the news too easily. HINT to Dems: When the media's narrative is CONSTANTLY one-sided with a growing desperation and doubling-down to protect their own, run the other way.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Can I put this here?

CAUGHT: Wolf Administration In Trouble for Adding Up to 269 Fake Coronavirus Deaths to State Totals

www.citadelpoliticss.com... SANBDfMmUtaiTb_XqXxM2w2cTcg1Me9W0DezDdA6e6P0P52eT8g

Never underestimate the power of modern medicine! It seems that overnight, 201 people in PA who were supposed to be victims of the Chinese Wuhan Virus suddenly came back to life! A couple of days ago, PA Health Secretary Rachel Levine added 269 deaths to the Pennsylvania count, including 10 to the Franklin County number of zero, only to be almost immediately being called out by several County Coroners, Representative Rob Kauffman and State Senator Douglas Mastriano. It seems that almost none of the extra 269 cases were real or had been recorded and passed to the state from the Coroners, and the numbers were quickly revised today. Franklin County actually has reported its first death due to lagging test results, but not the 10 that were reported by the state. Lagging, assumed, or post-mortem testing results do account for 68 of the total number, but the 201 reported deaths on which the state had to backtrack are “still under investigation”.

And I will assure there are many thousands more fake deaths.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join