It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken Littles Love Quarantine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
1. Absolves them of the sin of sloth. Yeah people love to be lazy, but how often does the government and the sensationalistic news media actually encourage you to stay in your house and do as little as possible? It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.
2. Gives them a warm, fuzzy feeling of self-satisfaction to hear that their lovely paranoid dreams and wishes of a global apocalypse are actually coming true (even if they're not).
3. Gives them a chance to feel superior - mostly online - by repeating the ridiculous statistics and shouting names at people who disagree with them that they're stupid and wrong and will kill us all.
4. Gives them a real thrill of danger without there being some kind of immediate and obvious danger. A creeper lurking in the shadows. Ooh, how scary!

And the sad thing is, we've let these people run the show because they're so loud and obnoxious in the media / Internet. The majority of reasonable, rational folk are shouted down so that these sad people can for once feel like they're part of something and have some social power.

I say next time we tell the Chicken Littles to shut up and go hide under their blankets while the rest of us sane people get on with our work.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I say we remove their heads and process them into nuggets.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I say next time we tell the Chicken Littles to shut up and go hide under their blankets while the rest of us sane people get on with our work.

You just did...I'm at work now, baby needs a new pair of shoes!

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

...Sounds about identical to climate change alarmists, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like your plan, however I will require a little bit more information about exactly what goes into these nuggets.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Uncle Donnie's $1,200.00 ain't gonna last long.

The "economic stimulus" program is nothing but a huge money laundering scheme using us as the launderer.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I like your plan, however I will require a little bit more information about exactly what goes into these nuggets.

Thigh meat marinated in Corona beer and lime juice.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...Sounds about identical to climate change alarmists, doesn't it?

Certainly the part about the "experts" and their most dire predictions having a long history of just being flat-out wrong. Fortune tellers in sideshows have a better track record.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Thigh meat marinated in Corona beer and lime juice.

And fresh tortilla chips and salsa. Gotta have those.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Uncle Donnie's $1,200.00 ain't gonna last long.

The "economic stimulus" program is nothing but a huge money laundering scheme using us as the launderer.

$1200....My bookie was standing at the mail box. I should know better than to bet on jai alai when I can't speak a word of Portuguese.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'll just leave this here.

And this too.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I agree. Anyone who wants lockdown until there is a vaccine is free to choose to do it. No one is going to stop anyone who thinks the only safe thing to do is to lock yourself in the house until the virus is gone. They can do it, this is America and they are free to lock themselves in their house for as long as they want to.

Anyone who plans to social distance, like me, is free to do so, for as long as they want to do it. Anyone who wants to wear a mask, like me, is free to do so, for as long as they want to. Anyone who chooses to stay at home beyond official openings, like me, is free to do so. No one will stop them. No problem there, I believe in the constitution and the American way of life.

But I am angry at them demanding that the US deny the rest of the nation life, liberty and happiness because the media has terrorized them that leaving their home is certain death.

If people want to believe they will die if they leave their homes, then don't. But don't bring everyone else down your hole of unrelenting despair and terror.

To date less than 1% of the US population has died from the virus. (the US population is around 330 million, and to date 49 thousand Americans have died from the virus - YOU do the math) www.worldometers.info...

Because of this we have withdrawn life from US citizens , breathing and existing is not life, lockdown is not life, it is a soul sucking, worthless and meaningless existence, especially when learned helplessness is built in - with 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks, etc and now until a vaccine - 2 years from now minimum. (Read up about the effects of learned helplessness, and isolation in humans, it is not pretty - do it - educate yourself and see the mental illness it CAUSES) Isolation for months on end is not life, it is a zombie like existence which encourages obesity as long as their actually is food on the grocery shelves.

Yet because of the media terrorizing citizens into submitting to house arrest and martial law light - there is no liberty I don't think anyone can argue that there is any form of liberty in states like Michigan. If YOU are demanding lockdown until, until, until, until - you are asking that liberty be taken from all US citizens. You can choose to isolate and live in your hovel if you want, no one is stopping you, you won't die - but if you think removing liberty is good, then you side with Satlin, Mao, Castro and would make Putin proud.

Because the media has turned our nation into chicken little's while terrifying them that to be within 6 feet of another human is to die a horrific death - there is no right to the pursiut of happiness in many states in the US . Get together with family, the media and Gov Whitmer insist you will die a horrific death - think about meeting with friends in person, no you will die a horrible death - want to sit 6 feet away from other humans at a park or beach, no you will die a horrible death. If you believe all this, lock yourself in and stay away from all other humans until their is a vaccine (which may never happen, see other threads). But don't insist on taking happiness away from everyone else because you want to remain shaking in your hovel terrorized and traumatized by the media and Governors like Whitmer.

If you think there should be a mandatory lockdown for every US citizen until there is a vaccine - look at your grocery shelves - they get emptier every week the lockdown lasts, what do you think they will look like after 2 years of your mandatory "life saving" plan? By then starvation and malnutrition will be rampant.

Anyone who demands everyone around them remain in the prison of their homes until "it is safe" to come out, well you might as well admit you are a hard core communist who wants a dictator to tell you and everyone around you what to think, what to do, and how to live - and you are ok with eventual mass starvation and malnutrition, massive child abuse, massive spouse abuse, substance abuse and overdoses and massive rates of suicide - because those things WILL happen (do your homework above on isolation and learned helplessness) with a lockdown "until there is a vaccine" according to the media who insist a very long lockdown is absolutely necessary and many Governors in the US also hold this position..

edit on 4/23/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I'll just leave this here.

And this too.

Stay safe everyone.

If only the virus would attack these types of people, it would be fine..hell, darwinian if you ask me...but alas, it makes you wonder how many of these complete asshats infected with their cynical uncaring views before they got their dirt nap. How many did they infect that now have potentially lifetime organ issues and even some deaths before its over.

Lots of people today falling out of the sky demanding we cut the parachutes because gravity isn't real.

We need to get back the economy no doubt, but you don't do this by lying to yourself and others. Fashionable face masks and designer gloves will become a thing until we get a decent treatment system. Anyone else is just pouring gas on a fire we are all in while saying liquids don't burn...zero understanding of the science going on here, and pure fear based reactions.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The cure will be far worse than the disease.

That should be evident by now for everyone to see.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
I believe in the constitution and the American way of life.

Same, but do you know the constitutions? Specifically the 10th amendment?
The states can do what they want, be it no policy, or emergency powers during a health crisis that makes you stay at home.
This is literally part of the constitution to give states that right.

You may not like it, but it is the American way of life...albeit one that rarely has to be exercised luckily.

Lets paint a different picture. Lets say a small town in podunk nowheresville had a sudden outbreak of airborne Ebola. Do you think those infected people have a right to get out of dodge and go to disneyworld?

The founders seen this...they knew the history of plagues across the world and so made sure states had the ability to clamp down during these issues..just not forever. This is where we are at...this is as American as apple pie. You aren't arguing for the constitution, you are arguing for anarchy

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The Bill of Rights in the United States Constitution does not mention any exceptions to individual rights and liberties when there is a declared state of emergency. Such an exception, if it existed, would effectively render the rights illusory, because authoritarian-minded government officials could simply declare an emergency and thereby negate the rights of the people.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The cure will be far worse than the disease.

That should be evident by now for everyone to see.

Map
150k deaths in a month
with social distancing, stay at home orders, etc.

You ain't seen nothin yet.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

You ain't seen nothin yet.

On that, we can agree.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Bill of Rights in the United States Constitution does not mention any exceptions to individual rights and liberties when there is a declared state of emergency. Such an exception, if it existed, would effectively render the rights illusory, because authoritarian-minded government officials could simply declare an emergency and thereby negate the rights of the people.

www.americanthinker.com...

I see your philosophers thoughts and raise you legal prescidence

The U.S. Supreme Court found that the “police power” of the States embraces “reasonable regulations …as will protect the public health and safety.” Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905).

Law

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that “emergency may not create power.” Wilson v. New, 243 U.S. 332 (1917), citing Ex Parte Milligan, 4 Wall. 2 (1866).

To counter.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join