It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC suggests low-income Americans should boycott work - WADB!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

"When we talk about this idea of reopening society, you know, only in America does the president -- when the president tweets about liberation -- does he mean go back to work. When we have this discussion about going back or reopening, I think a lot people should just say 'no' — we’re not going back to that,” she said

www.foxnews.com...

She's an idiot! If I offered employees a return to work and they didn't show up I would just replace them.
edit on 22-4-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

"When we talk about this idea of reopening society, you know, only in America does the president -- when the president tweets about liberation -- does he mean go back to work. When we have this discussion about going back or reopening, I think a lot people should just say 'no' — we’re not going back to that,” she said

www.foxnews.com...

She's an idiot!

Perhaps it is time that nobody goes to work in America.

For about 2 months.

Just shut off all revenue to the government.

Then negotiate some terms before we all go back to work.

Like should the hangings be public and broadcasted... or would a firing squad get better ratings?

edit on 22-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well that would be awesome if we wouldn't all starve to death in those 2 months.

Wouldn't it be easier to just quit paying taxes?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I was thinking the other day that the best thing to do for some business' is to get people back to work....

and pay them cash, and only take cash, so no taxes(sales, income) get paid.

I mean the state obviously doesn't want the money, so why bother giving it to them. For all intents and purposes, the business is still "closed".

I'd love to see small business' in my are do this, especially those most effected(salons, local goods/groceries, eateries).

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Well that would be awesome if we wouldn't all starve to death in those 2 months.

Speak for yourself.

Or do you think you can possibly take the time and energy to outlast the politicians in the same boat for a bit?

You know... for America!

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm actually considering a job in fast food, seeing actual people and speaking words to them. Sorry but typing words into a text box on on forums just is not cutting it for me anymore, it's nice but not enough.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez didn't know vegetables grow from dirt.

townhall.com...

If she's re-elected, her constituents need a head check-up. (imo of course)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
I'm actually considering a job in fast food, seeing actual people and speaking words to them. Sorry but typing words into a text box on on forums just is not cutting it for me anymore, it's nice but not enough.

They are hiring. Particularly if you're in a "lock-down" state, because bunches of employees have taken leave of absences to stay home and draw the lucrative Covid-19 unemployment benefits.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Lets face the facts...

She's young,

Moderately attractive,

and says stupid things that stupid people(there are so many) like to hear.

Sorry everyone, she's going to be a lifer politician. Even if she loses her district she'll just "move"(lease a place) somewhere else and get elected again and keep sucking off the political tit of overpaid unqualified politicians that everyone else does.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

www.foxnews.com...

She's an idiot!

For about 2 months.

Like should the hangings be public and broadcasted... or would a firing squad get better ratings?

I have wrestled with this...I mean, its more expensive, sure. But can we hang them AND take a coupla shots from a firing squad?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

She's like tape over mouth bag over head at best.

Her pandering to the idiot class makes her somewhat disgusting.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: Lumenari

www.foxnews.com...

She's an idiot!

For about 2 months.

I have wrestled with this...I mean, its more expensive, sure. But can we hang them AND take a coupla shots from a firing squad?

Perhaps if we had a lottery...

Just drop them a few feet so they won't break their necks in the process and have a lucky lottery winner empty a magazine into the swinging body...

Just me, but I'd pony up for a lottery ticket and watch it on pay-per-view if I wasn't the lucky winner...

So I bet it would generate a lot of money!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It's kind of comical because she would be the first to complain as soon as she couldn't buy a new pair of shoes because there were no employees.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

She's an idiot! If I offered employees a return to work and they didn't show up I would just replace them.

I think it's an amazingly forward idea.

Currency should not be electronic. It should be measured in good vibes. Chillaxin on gubmint Four Loco =$2200 per month.

"What's up scro? Chart here says your #s all #ed up."

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

A lot of people really are doing this. They want to re open my work next Monday, I lost count of how many people said no they're not going, because they, get this "can't afford to live on those wages." I mean, c'mon people have to realize, this ends in July, and the government can't afford to pay for them sitting on their a$$es much longer. I personally know a lot of people who tripled their income just by going on unemployment. And I'm sorry, but that extra 600 was a terrible idea. It should have only been for either actual sick people or just the first month or so. I've benefitted from it, but it's only 2 or so hundred more a week, and it's not a long term plan.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I have a feeling the DNC is going to deal with her come next election. Some serious ballot harvesting is going to punch her in her mouth for good. She crossed Pelosi too many times. Not a single person voted for her green deal because it was a trainwreck of a fantasy. She is ignorant, loud and can't be reasoned with on any level.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
They did that themselves you know and they don’t care how many months people are without pay or how many cheque's they write because in the end the people will pay the bill. It’s never free money you always pay.

This is just my option but anyone just willing to not show up for their job is probably very easy to replace. Some people care about their professions and the people they provide service too. The government would absolutely love if not a single one of you turned up for work and became dependant on them.

They would probably make some kind of new protected class of citizen for all those unwilling to work.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth
Only in America is the government so stupid as to pay you more not to work than you make at work. Our politicians are inept.. all of them

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth

A lot of people really are doing this. They want to re open my work next Monday, I lost count of how many people said no they're not going, because they, get this "can't afford to live on those wages." I mean, c'mon people have to realize, this ends in July, and the government can't afford to pay for them sitting on their a$$es much longer. I personally know a lot of people who tripled their income just by going on unemployment. And I'm sorry, but that extra 600 was a terrible idea. It should have only been for either actual sick people or just the first month or so. I've benefitted from it, but it's only 2 or so hundred more a week, and it's not a long term plan.

I can see why some are taking advantage of it, but I have a lot more respect for those that are actually doing the work, while making less.

As you've said, it won't last "forever"(or even much more than a month).

I'm really thinking about ordering a pizza from the local pub and going in there and dropping a nice tip for everyone that's actually there and working. Not trying to make it about me, or gloat, but everyplace around here is down to a skeleton crew, and those 3 or 4 people that are actually working(for less money than those laid off) deserve a nice tip.

I've been eating "out"(pickup) from all the local places much more than ever, I've eaten out more in the past month than I have in 10 years. I'm in a small (5K ish) town that shouldn't even be closed. People need money and they need to work. I'm almost at the point of offering up 100 bucks for an out of work stylist to cut my hair, I'd totally do it, if I didn't have such awesome hair and look so good going full jesus mode.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

www.foxnews.com...

I think it's an amazingly forward idea.

Currency should not be electronic. It should be measured in good vibes. Chillaxin on gubmint Four Loco =$2200 per month.

"What's up scro? Chart here says your #s all #ed up."

Lol we would have to import all the illegal immigrants on Earth just to print that much fake money, since none of us would be working.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join