It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaking hands. . . The new counter-culture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Fauci says people should 'just forget about shaking hands' even after the coronavirus threat is over

www.businessinsider.com...

Shaking hands used to mean something. To us older folk, a handshake was a signed, notarized, legally binding document.

In the movie, "Oceans 13" the premise was that if you shook Frank Sinatra's hand you had to act honerably.

You used to be able to judge a man's character by the way he shook your hand.

The history of the handshake dates back to the 5th century B.C. in Greece. It was a symbol of peace, showing that neither person was carrying a weapon.

deepenglish.com...

Now they want us to "fist bump" or "touch elbows".

Personally, I think I will always shake hands and will prefer to deal with people who shake hands.

If you're of the type that want to "jazz hands", "high five", "fist bump" or "flash your groin" as a substitute for a handshake, then more power to you.

I will always shake hands.

edit on 21-4-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I give a chunky style cough into my palm before a handshake...let's me know if the other guy is a puss or not.

edit on 21-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ah yes! the limp wristed handshake..the test of character, us aliens never went for that old chestnut.

No! I'll just go for our form of greeting, that being a kick in the goolies...works every time. Thank you Leslie Nielson

To add, it's probably now a part of our genome after billions of years, and why our eyes are so big!
edit on 21-4-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yeah, I haven't stopped shaking men's hands or hugging female friends when we've crossed paths in the time of COVID. My give a goddamn busted awhile back and I haven't seen any need to repair it. Anybody with an issue over it is probably some fear filled dweeb I don't want to shake hands with anyway, and I'm alright with that.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke
I give a chunky style cough into my palm before a handshake...let's me know if the other guy is a puss or not.

Are you serious, or is this jest?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

He's a car dealer!

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I will always shake hands.

You grab my hand if I don't offer it, it will be akin to grabbing a vagina I don't have.

You are warned. #meAlso

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

He's a car dealer!

So that means he's shady af. Got it.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Always!

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Always!

Great. I like woke people who also happen to be dieting. Good for the planet.

*fist bump*

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

*fist bump*

I don't do fisting with other men, sorry. A handshake means something between people though.

A physical handshake involves two people and shows an acceptance of the other person and what they are offering. In creates a physical connection with that person.

themodernvedic.com...

Couldn't find a source for this one but I think it was the Polynesian Kahunas that believed a handshake created a spiritual connection between people as well.

edit on 21-4-2020 by DietWoke because: stayin' original tho

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

USA 2020 = 45,000 Covid-19 Deaths + 60,000 Flu Deaths/320,000,000 people = 0.03% chance for any single American to die from Covid-19 or Flu this year.

Stop offering to shake someone's hand? Nope!

Let the non-thinking sheep controlled by MSM and Authorities do the compliance dance.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Shaking hands used to mean something. To us older folk, a handshake was a signed, notarized, legally binding document.

You guys also cured polio then discovered the internet and decided vaccines were a globalist vampire trick.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

A handshake means something between people.

It used to. Maybe.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
We can't even see smiles anymore because of these darn masks that make me sweat which makes me look like I have the covid-19. So irritated after the liquor store run in high 80's degree heat; they won't let you come in the store without a mask.

ETA: My Mom saw a man at the grocery store a couple days ago using women's disposable underwear as a mask.

edit on 21-4-2020 by Onlyyouknow because: Remove OP quote and add a funny

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Shaking someone's hand tells you a lot about a person. I don't want to have much to do with a human who will not shake my hand. I understand some folks have problems or hang ups and usually they will say something when you put your hand out. This sounds pretty stupid..and therefore probably true in this day. Thats fine, just one less person I dont need to know, or do business with.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

45000 deaths in two months versus an entire flu season.

with the BS

Let the non-thinking sheep controlled by MSM and Authorities do the compliance dance.

Fox (MSM) and Trump await your attention and further conditioning.

I won't even even fist bump ya, maybe a wave from your hospital window.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Good night, you are still quoting those numbers, even after they admit the BS that comes with them?

Yikes.

I'll still take a handshake, preferably a hug.

If I die, I die.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And there's been a flu vaccine for decades !!! 👁️ 👿 👁️

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
A FIRM handshake.
Please add that .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join