It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 effect on international travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Forgetting economics, and forgetting virology, when do you think international travel will be allowed again for tourism?

We had a trip planned to Europe for May, at some point in April or late March when this was getting worse we changed it to September. Hopefully we still go.

When do you think countries will allow you to enter from abroad, and not quarantine?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I don’t know but I was just looking at round trip tickets to L.A. and back and it’s only $82 right now.

I think it’s worth the gamble. I’m about grab some for August.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

One of the things I wouldn't do this year is travel to other country, unless I'm planning to stay there. Not even if I get a free ticket.

What I want to do is resume my little trips to the forest, no more than 2 -3 hours driving distance. Metal detecting, fishing and enjoying wildlife and fresh air.
edit on 21-4-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

One of the things I wouldn't do this year is travel to other country, unless I'm planning to stay there. Not even if I get a free ticket.

What I want to do is resume my little trips to the forest, no more than 2 -3 hours driving distance. Metal detecting, fishing and enjoying wildlife and fresh air.

Good advice, if this all blows up again you don't want to get stuck in a foreign country.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Oktoberfest in Munich has been cancelled, so I guess they'll keep it tight until the end of the year

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Trueman

Good advice, if this all blows up again you don't want to get stuck in a foreign country.

And it probably will. Even if you can make it all the way back, you don't want to become an spreading agent.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Well we have been planning this for 2 years bc partially and the main reason to go is for my wife to see her parents and family over there.

I am wondering if the airlines are so hard up for customers that they would be doing an extra job of sanitising and maybe even promoting distancing onboard, with people every other or every two seats or something.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Check out the travel prices now, y'all. LOL
Tripled or quadrupled ?

new topics

top topics

join