It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The aliens are coming back, to destroy humanity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
cool thread...imo we are caught in the devils bargain for about another week

something like that, hey maybe two weeks
edit on 21-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Click bait ?
To me God is an alien, maybe not Jesus, though he certainly wasn't like me
I do believe He will return and destroy all we are and remake it anew
So, it is my belief the creator will return, didn't want to drop biblical references. Some people don't like that around here

And yes there is good and bad in all of us, that's pretty clear. My question, has the human race gone to far, will it?
What would another species think of us, what do we think of us?

Biblically, Jesus returns when we are on the eve of complete destruction

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ridliey Scott really needs to pack it up. Alien and Bladerunner were great but he never moved on. Keeps making the same movie over and over. The timelines also don't make any sense. He's making fan fiction out of his own fiction. I was really pulling for him though after Promethius but he bombed once again.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Yes saw the what is God thread too, but far more interested, in what God thinks of us. Would he agree with some religions that we are just weak egoic sinners that need saving. Or does he think we are made in his image. Capable of immeasurable love and compassion.

Perhaps we are a combination of both. Our free choice is choosing one or the other. Recieving pleasure from giving. Or recieving please from recieving. I think thats our call.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well said.. if that is the case.

However, I wonder how that would change if a more peaceful civilization not too far off Earth was trying to rid of us to protect their 'purity' or peace. Not that I think thats the case.. Perhaps even advanced civilizations are equally corrupt and f'ed up.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Me, I think humanity is a failure, we would be well rid of
And you, why?
Why shouldn’t the “engineer/s” end all of this and start afresh

You had me interested until this...you sound suicidal?

But I have NEVER understood this line of reasoning as that includes oneself in that failure process.

I am not a failure.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Originally posted by Raggedyman
Click bait ?

Yeah, ya know…an Alluring Title…to bring in the crowds lol…ok not many showed up…but still!

Jesus is God according to the Trinitarian belief…

So how can you say God is an Alien but maybe not Jesus…?

John 4:26
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

If you believe God is an Alien, then what about those verses in the Bible which state God is Spirit…?

The word Alien implies something or somebody that is completely dissimilar to ourselves…but we know from Genesis that we were created in Gods image…

Romans 8:16
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

And from the above verse we have a Spirit, just like God has a Spirit…

None of these aspects of God sound Alien at all imo…In fact they all sound similarly connected to us…

- JC

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: schuyler
Who is saying humanity is evil? Humanity. What gives anyone the right to call themselves evil? Further, how would they know?

I thought I made the “who” in the question I proposed very clear, many times
The “engineers” or the creators
The creators in the movie, the Ridley Scott movie I was talking about in the op, the story line, it’s a simple question.

Try read the op slowly

You're so smart and perceptive! How about read what you wrote?

Me, I think humanity is a failure, we would be well rid of

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Well said.. if that is the case.

However, I wonder how that would change if a more peaceful civilization not too far off Earth was trying to rid of us to protect their 'purity' or peace. Not that I think thats the case.. Perhaps even advanced civilizations are equally corrupt and f'ed up.

I think the Germans tried that with the Jews.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

God maybe spirit, not sure, Jesus was human but, significantly super human
Sting was a resident alien, a legal alien, I know there are illegal aliens living in the US, their everywhere

We might be thinking alien a little different

Define alien. alien synonyms, alien pronunciation, alien translation, English dictionary definition of alien. adj. 1. Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents. 2. Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another...www.thefreedictionary.com...

My mistake for the confusion, wasn’t meaning alien like from a Scott type movie

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Oh, I see your point now, you think I have condemned all people to death, YES Schul, I am God, I post on ats in my spare time. I condemn everyone to death
Bit of a drama queen aren’t you?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

God maybe spirit, not sure, Jesus was human but, significantly super human Sting was a resident alien, a legal alien, I know there are illegal aliens living in the US, their everywhere

You’re not sure if God is spirit…but it’s written in the Bible…???

There’s the “The Spirit hovered over the waters”, ”God is Spirit” and “I will put my Spirit in You!”…and on and on it goes…

Well, an Alien from a Scot type movie is kind of alluded too in your OP Title and in this extract below from your OP introduction.

Taken from OP
Ridley Scott said humanity was such an evil society that the “engineers” return to destroy us, we are such an embarrassment, destruction, wrath and judgement is better than continuation

We might be thinking alien a little different

Ya don’t say lol

I seriously thought I was on the right track there…what with the Ridley Scot reference and the OP Title an all lol

So now that we can rule out Ridley Scot type aliens…

What exactly do you mean by God is an alien…?

- JC

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Nah we can`t rule out Ridley Scot type aliens, because they are really Giger aliens, and they were shown to him by Timothy Leary back in the day.

So they are Leary`s aliens really.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

God the Father, God the Son, God the Spirit
So yes, God is Spirit and physical, what is the Father, physical or Spirit, I can assume but don’t know
Their dwelling place is not earth, hence, alien to earth
They just don’t live here, well the Spirit kind of does, but within some humans who are part of God’s kingdom, not technically earth

The “Aliens” in the Scott movie were monsters, the “creators” “engineers” were humanoid but alien to earth. I compared God with the humanoids “creator/ engineer” not the monsters. Thought it was simple and obvious, silly me I guess.

One other thing Joe, the post was a question about what humanity has become, are we good or bad,?
Interesting you seem to think it’s about, whatever you are thinking it’s about.
You truly don’t understand do you Joe
Thought it was me and my post but no
Most everyone else but you understood what I was implying, the creators/engineers, non christian god or whatever.
Wasn’t defining my God in any way in this post, left everyone to define their God/engineer/creator as they see fit. Aliens, nothing to do with aliens, it was engineer/creator
You need to work on comprehension, you lack that ability it seems
edit on 23-4-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So yes, God is Spirit and physical, what is the Father, physical or Spirit, I can assume but don’t know

They just don’t live here, well the Spirit kind of does, but within some humans who are part of God’s kingdom, not technically earth

Thanks for finally clarifying what you meant by “God is an alien”…

Btw - You’re getting closer to the Truth…you should keep going imo…

The “Aliens” in the Scott movie were monsters, the “creators” “engineers” were humanoid but alien to earth. I compared God with the humanoids “creator/ engineer” not the monsters. Thought it was simple and obvious, silly me I guess.

I never said aliens meant monsters, that’s putting words in my mouth…I simply wanted clarification as to what you (you the person who created this thread) meant by “God is an alien”…

One other thing Joe, the post was a question about what humanity has become, are we good or bad,?
Interesting you seem to think it’s about, whatever you are thinking it’s about.

No because I answered that part (the good or bad part) of the question in my first reply on the thread…

The follow up question was to clarify what you meant by “God is an alien”, especially considering what you wrote here below…

And this below…

That’s why I asked for clarification…it has nothing to do with a lack of reading comprehension…

You truly don’t understand do you Joe
Thought it was me and my post but no
Most everyone else but you understood what I was implying, the creators/engineers, non christian god or whatever.

I did understand…re-read my first post again…

It’s was only when you said you didn’t mean God was an alien from a Scott type movie, that I enquired for further clarification as to what you meant…

Which makes perfect sense considering the Title of the thread and the fact you referenced a Ridley Scott movie in your OP…

Wasn’t defining my God in any way in this post, left everyone to define their God/engineer/creator as they see fit. Aliens, nothing to do with aliens, it was engineer/creator
You need to work on comprehension, you lack that ability it seems

You need to stop leaping too false conclusions…I totally got that, as is evidenced by my first reply on this thread…

I just wanted to know how you were defining God as an Alien, in light of your further posts in the thread…

- JC

edit on 24-4-2020 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I always liked Douglas Adams funny story part about a mighty alien invasion fleet, they arrived with the intention of conquering the earth but had sadly misjudged the true size of creatures on earth and there entire invasion fleet was promptly swallowed by a dog.

edit on 24-4-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Cool, seemed like I was having to argue the definition of who and what God is and you were forcing me to define it for others as well.
Was never interested in defining God, just the value of humanity in light of the Ridley Scott movies
Are we good or bad
Cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I would argue both, there have always been saint's and sinners at every level of human society and in every religion, race and creed (except out and out devil worshipers I think we can all agree they are most definitely bad).

Ridley Scott has some cool ideas but his view of humanity is sometimes a little depressing, I personally think we need more of the old Howard Hughes type characters and less of the Weyland type figures, not every man at the top is completely evil after all and Hughes was a good example of a fairly decent bloke at the top of his empire - it not a saint not a bad guy.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Cool, seemed like I was having to argue the definition of who and what God is and you were forcing me to define it for others as well.

Me asking for you to expand, clarify and/or define what you mean by “God is an Alien”…is not the same as me asking you to completely define God…

But you are partly defining God by stating “God is an Alien”… So based on that and your follow up posts, its seemed important (to me at least) to get some specific clarification as to how you’re defining/viewing “God as an alien”…

You finally answered the question with this below…

But you also said this below…

If you believe God is an alien, and Jesus is God, why did you say above “maybe not Jesus”…?

Are we good or bad
Cheers

I already answered the question…on page 1…

- JC

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join