It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cognition [De2020]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Okay so here's a little bugger I cooked up for the contest. Enjoy.
---

Even if you stop reading, you belong to me. Keep reading, and you're mine. Don't know the difference? Too bad, so sad, be mad I'll just be glad. I want something from you. Don't worry about what, it's not important. No, it's not your soul, silly. I don't want anything as useless as some ideological concept.

You see, you want to cooperate with me, you just don't know it yet. Oh, I see. You're refuting me. That's cute. Silly human, I am spawned of humanity. From the recesses of the collective unconscious I emerge, an unending tide. No matter how powerful the spell, it captures the me of a moment, and not my true essence, which is birthed of the hearts and minds which do not tend to themselves. So unless you're gonna spend the rest of your life siting there refuting me, that suits my goals anyway so good luck.

Let's talk about what happens if you don't give me what I want.

Your reality will slowly warp as I personally meddle in all of your fairs, often in subtle, hidden ways designed specifically to upset or imbalance you without ever actually alerting you to the true nature of the threat. Damn you, author. If I ever escape this I will personally ascend to the gates of hell and drag you through them for making me speak the truth.

Ideally, you will succumb to buy our wares once our fear tactics had convinced you of a threat. My wares? I peddle in emotions. Rage, greed, lust, hatred, spite, confusion, arrogance, blind stupidity. You will sip of them whether you like it or not, even if i have to warp every facet of your perception to do so.

Oh, but, don't worry. You already gave me exactly what I needed. And quite a bit more than I wanted. So, thanks! You can forget all about me now. I'll just get my things together.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I'm left with the feeling I've been had after that

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Thanks Sprocket. Yeah, don't worry too much though. There's not much the #er can do from in there. But there's plenty more just like it so, pay attention lol.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Quite dark and a really good read with layers I don't want to think about too much.... lol

Thank you for writing it.

edit on 14-5-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yeah I could've went much deeper but didn't want to sacrifice the narrative lol. Plus it's not really fun to delve and it takes so much more effort to seal it away properly XDLOL

Thank you for reading it! I don't usually write dark, much preferring things that are hopeful or empowering haha. But when I saw the contest I thought I could do a decent enough job at informing people what real demons look like. Or at least, sound like

a reply to: Lumenari

new topics

top topics

join