It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump announces suspension of immigration to 'protect jobs' amid the pandemic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is undoubtedly going to raise some serious shackles, but is there anything that Trump does (or doesn't) do that doesn't somehow immediately and irrevocably raise the ire of someone somewhere? I think it's a great idea, it's temporary, and there's plenty of reasons to restrict or stifle the flow of non-citizens into this country. We have plenty of different cultures represented here that can hold their respective forts down until things cool off enough to allow immigration to continue.

What do you think? I think TRUMP FINALLY GOT HIS WALL!

Subject was too long, unedited title from the source:

President Trump announces suspension of immigration to 'protect jobs' amid the coronavirus pandemic

SOURCE ARTICLE

President Trump tweeted late Monday that he planned to temporarily suspend immigration to the U.S.

The president cited the need to protect jobs in light of “the attack from the Invisible Enemy,” a reference to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an executive order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!” Trump tweeted.

President Trump said he would be enacting the change in policy by signing an executive order. There were no more details about the plan, which would almost certainly face legal challenges.

edit on 4202020 by seattlerat because: mai spillig sugz

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Good 'job' Trump! Hopefully they end up enforcing that.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Democrats handed him the keys to their own Trojan Horse. He set it on fire. Can't have it both ways. Can't lock up the economy but also, allow more immigrants in the thousands at the same time.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Democratic Governors yesterday: We must ensure social distancing of 12 feet now, a birthday party for your 10 year old child on your personal property will be broken up by a SWAT team, every business should be shut down except for liquor stores and if you are caught driving and it is not to your essential job or you are not wearing a mask you will be arrested. Just shut up and comply.

Democratic Governors tomorrow: The influx of immigrants into our state is vitally important and must not be stopped. They need to be placed into society as soon as possible to protect our Democracy. Stopping them from exercising their Constitutional rights to travel and find a job (lol) is racist, xenophobic and Orange Man Bad.

Welcome to the USSA.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

At this point, I'm pretty sure all the dems "schemes" to stop trump are brought to you by the acme corporation......

Bless their hearts though, they think it will work one day.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

That was the entire point. Put them in a perpetual hades where they have to bash him for the virus response but have to try to equally defend a practice that makes the threat of the virus even worse. He's putting it all on the shoulders of governors either way and they can't defend both at the same time.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

It’s about time, we can’t take care of everyone.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

That was the entire point. Put them in a perpetual hades where they have to bash him for the virus response but have to try to equally defend a practice that makes the threat of the virus even worse. He's putting it all on the shoulders of governors either way and they can't defend both at the same time.

You are forgetting that the average IQ of an American right now is 89 and 28% of them vote Democrat.

And they watch CNN.

The Democratic leadership doesn't give a crap about their hypocrisy.

Hell, to them it's a super power.

It allows them to get away with things that you otherwise can't get away with in a polite society.

You think this will backfire on them.

I think it will get them more voters in November.

Democrats think the glass is half full.

Republicans think that the glass is half empty.

Why is it up to me to remind everyone that it's half full of piss?

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

? I'm not sure what you mean ? I suspect that Trump could care less if you want to emigrate.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
a reply to: chr0naut

oooo that dog of mine.

Slam dunk. Take that America.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Makes sense as a temporary measure, maybe six months. It has to stop all immigration from all countries though. I think when things start to get better., they can look at it again to determine how to adjust it or eliminate the ban.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Democratic Governors yesterday: We must ensure social distancing of 12 feet now, a birthday party for your 10 year old child on your personal property will be broken up by a SWAT team, every business should be shut down except for liquor stores and if you are caught driving and it is not to your essential job or you are not wearing a mask you will be arrested. Just shut up and comply.

Jesus what state do you live in? None of those things are happening in where I live - none of them.

So if you live in a state with an (R) Gov who has mandates they are the same? Or is it just the D states?

Crazy how it works:

You are forgetting that the average IQ of an American right now is 89 and 28% of them vote Democrat.

And 30% of them Vote Republican - got em beat there...

And they watch CNN.

And they watch FOX

The Democratic leadership doesn't give a crap about their hypocrisy.

Hell, to them it's a super power.

It allows them to get away with things that you otherwise can't get away with in a polite society.

Have you seen that Reality TV guy on TV? The hypocrite who voiced his desire to become a dictator? Polite society? The last thing the current actor in the WH is polite. Loved that Rally in Charlottesville, good people down there.

Your disgust at the dems is spot on. Just keep it going a little more...you may find the politicians you support are just as disgusting when the onion is peeled.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This is not the Mud Pit!!!!!!

Please post accordingly!!!

Do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Trump already tried shutting down travel. It did nothing in terms of protecting the US from the virus. The statistics show that. It's like it is the only thing he knows, so he tries applying the same thing to every circumstance.

Right now, there are more cases of the virus in the US, than anywhere else in the world.

So, isolating the US in that way protects other countries from the US, far more than it protects the US from them.

And the US economy has already taken the hit.

Shutting out the world shuts out that source of revenue. The boom years after WWII were prompted by Lend-Lease deals that made America rich on the money of other countries recovering from a war they'd spent all their resources fighting. The US was late to the piece and wasn't itself war-torn at all.

There will be no income from overseas if you cut it. So, the US will have to do everything for itself, with a dollar that no longer means anything internationally.

edit on 21/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Thank you for proving my point with your post.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Many of the jobs the US depends upon, the day to day essential jobs that feed and maintain our daily lives, are preformed by immigrants, quite a few of them either undocumented or under limited work visas.

If this order stems that influx in the name of “protecting American jobs”,

Wouldn’t that mean that a lot of the jobs the immigrants used to do, will now have to be done by previously “better employed” Americans?

Sounds suspiciously like the establishment of an “Indentured Servant” class as a part of our supposedly “free” society.

Is this a cost all those so eager to “Open up America” and end the lockdowns are willing to pay?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It's obvious to anyone who hasn't been in a coma the last 3 years that President Trump and Republicans want what's best for Americans, instead of what's best for themselves, at the expense of Americans.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Coma's are warm and comfy though, like a big stupid blanket that wraps you up in your stupid ideology of a fairytale world......

I totally understand why weak, stupid people would embrace that warmth and absolve themselves of any actual responsibility.
edit on 21-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join