It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3 enemies of the Corona Virus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have diabetes and im not fat.

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: daskakik

I'm loving that this virus is giving you guys reason to rail against fat people....again.

I'm huge, have every pre-existing condition in the covid-19 handbook, had the virus and it was the weakest "flu' with the weakest symptoms I've EVER had. PATHETICALLY weak.

So please, when you talk about people like me without knowing what you're talking about, I want people to understand that what you're saying is BS.

Absolute fear mongering BS.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
a reply to: musicismagic

In the US, it should be noted that obesity, a precursor to both high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes, is itself an epidemic.

It should also be pointed out that (worldwide) giving birth at an excessive rate causes overpopulation. Which (in turn) causes an overwhelming disaster when everyone on the planet starts catching some random virus that is just deadly enough to cause mass shutdowns of the parasitic system that feeds on the abundant blood sweat and tears we feed it on a daily basis in normal times. Now this massive parasite is in severe distress and is eating a lot of us whole just to survive.

Oh but let's pretend fat people are the problem. LOL

Ha! I love it! Not a single star! That's when you know you've posted something that really belongs on ATS. I mean, the people of ATS are more open-minded than most people but it's full of it's own brand of hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Actually, you posted a weak strawman.

Nobody said fat people are a problem. What Bhadhidar posted was that obesity was a contributing factor to 2 of the 3 items listed in the OP, which places some of these people in the high risk group. How you or anyone else took that as a dig against fat people is odd, to say the least.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Did you quote yourself?
Then complain that no one thinks you’re clever?

Ok I’ll give you a star

I also agree with you somewhat

edit on 22-4-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Yes of course anything is possible. The test showed it was not either of the major flu types.

We're in the midst (and were then) of the covid epidemic, so he and I are using common sense.

It's possible it is some virus from Africa or Antarctica, but it's more likely that it was covid.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Honestly, get off your high-horse. I haven't seen anything stating fatties will die or are the problem.

And outliers will always be present in any study or research.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Actually, you posted a weak strawman.

Nobody said fat people are a problem. What Bhadhidar posted was that obesity was a contributing factor to 2 of the 3 items listed in the OP, which places some of these people in the high risk group. How you or anyone else took that as a dig against fat people is odd, to say the least.

I didn't take it as a dig against fat people. I took it as a diversion from the root of the problem (Overpopulation).

Obviously people who are in poor health are more vulnerable to any illness or disease. But those people have to exist in order to be more vulnerable to anything in the first place. So if you didn't have an overpopulated city in the first place, you wouldn't have such a massive problem when everyone starts getting sick. And you would have more resources for those who are less healthy and potentially be better prepared to help them pull through.

If you're gonna have 7 billion people on yer planet, you might want to think about what happens when they all get a potentially lethal virus. So you can either be fully prepared at all times to save every life at the same time or you can address the math.

edit on 22-4-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
First off, you did say that people were pretending that fat people are the problem. That sounds like you took that as a dig.

Second, nobody was talking about the world population, they were pointing out one of the factors in the population of the US. Italy had an older population and pointing out that that was a factor in the stats coming out of Italy doesn't mean they were considered "the problem".

I've seen the claim that 88% of people on ventilators are dying anyway. So, can you ever be fully prepared?

Pointing out an important factor, like the general health of a population, is addressing the math. Unless you meant something else by that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join