It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A walk through the Neanderthal Museum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
As the lock-down gets more isolating, I'd love some footage, or virtual tours of various museums.

Here is one walk-through, and commentary of the Neanderthal Museum in Germany.

Being 8 percent Neanderthal, I find this very fascinating.

Is this a fair display?

The narrative is quite critical.

Please also share your favorite museum exhibitions.

edit on 19-4-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Video isn't playing for me ("An error occurred please try back later")

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

A Neanderthal tour.

Ooh, you mean they once actually lived there?

That's so exciting.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yeah, cool....

And when pronouncing that with a tal...on the end or a thall...at the end... . Me, I do both alternating......

The video is a must see for me, they say in the science sector that neanderthrals are a sure proven item but, Im all Scriptural......Im part neanerthral I just figured.....ha.....I thought in high school my hormones were wild, naw...Im frggin part Neandertal

Where's my cave woman

a reply to: halfoldman

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
They never had wisdom teeth - lucky sods.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Burials - did they or didn't they?

Well who knows, the species lived for 100 000 years.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

How about 20 mins of the exquisite treasures of Tutankhamun filmed at the Saatchi Gallery London.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nice doccie.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The Aztec account of conquest.

They had a written language, and some of it survived.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
They did burials from what I read. They also put trinkets in the graves. Some of their cave art is deep in the caves. Why so deep in the caves. Like they wanted it preserved for a long time which it was. Pretty smart move.
edit on 19-4-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I have a new theory about what happened to the Neanderthals. Apparently aliens from other planets have been tinkering with the dna of humans for thousands of years. Perhaps when they create a newer version of humans that they prefer, they eliminate all the previous versions?

Sal

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

There is something slightly creepy about the room with the checkerboard floor lined with ghostly white statues of ancient people - starting at about 1.18

Sal

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Great thread! I really enjoy these types of things.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Interesting.

A lot of depictions and views of Neanderthal show them wrongly in my opinion, we know they could talk, we know that at least some of them had larger brain's than even many modern human's, we know that they may have woven fibers and that is a technology that leads not only to sewing but to textiles so it is possible they actually wore woven garment's rather than the usual animal skin's they are always portrayed as wearing.

The truth is that we really do not know anywhere near as much about them as many claim, we know that some of them did resort to cannibalism just like modern human's BUT we also know that they tended there dead, looked after there wounded, ill and disabled and had everything that makes a modern human what we call Humane in there nature.

Also though most will deny it there is an unusual feature in the Carpathian mountains' today called the Carpathian Sphynx that may be just a natural formation OR may be a very heavily eroded statue of a sphynx like creature with a neanderthal face, whether natural or not it may have been a ceremonial site that may have been important to them.

It is also likely that they enjoyed abstract thought as well but as to that we may never know, perhaps there were even time's of plenty when the Neanderthal's BUILT probably with wood.

The scant few remains we have of there time are found buried in caves, we know nothing of there lives beyond caves other than napped flint tool's that both they and anatomically (but maybe not psychologically) modern human's used, the more refined ones are AUTOMATICALLY attributed to modern human's though as to that we really have no proof that is the case as it is just assumption and accepted standard rather than immovable fact (except in the mind's of those scholars that believe that is the absolute truth).

Also if it was not mere birth defect due perhaps to inbreeding between a dwindling surviving population of Neanderthal there are skeletal remains of a child that seem to show that these people were Genetically compatible - at least partially - with the new arrival's that displaced them and indeed many in the world - not just European's but African's and Asian's as well have some trace of there DNA still present within them.

In other word's they were not the monkey like savage killer primitives they are most often portrayed as or the dumb moron's that say UG but were really US, we are them and they are us just separated by time, in fact if a neanderthal walked down the street today in modern clothing you would probably not notice other than his heavy features which you would perhaps find ugly as they do not fit our modern objective standard for beauty.

We are constantly rewriting our view of the past, now they have admitted that they have found OVER ten thousand year old agriculture in the Amazonian region in south america - yes that modern humans but?.
Also in cave they recently discovered a 50.000 year old piece of bark cord.

And we know they also fished so could they have had net's?, also they got to places in the world were an ability to cross large areas of ocean would make it possible, so likely at least some neanderthal's may have had maritime technology which would mean sophisticated wood shaping and understanding of how to shape and make boats.

edit on 19-4-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Do you have your occipital bun in the back of your head?

-Fellow neanderthal-

edit on 19-4-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

How about 20 mins of the exquisite treasures of Tutankhamun filmed at the Saatchi Gallery London.
I saw that exhibit in St. Louis a couple years ago when it was touring. Got some amazing photos.

top topics

join