It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise Of Lou [DE2020]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The incessant ringing of the alarm clock could only be ignored for so long. In a sleepy haze, Lou rolled over and waved his fist around the night-stand punching at anything and everything till he found the mark that silenced the cruel device. He sat up on the edge of his bed and let out a long sigh. The tedium of work everyday was getting to him. Millennia of the monotonous work, doing the same things day after day after day could test even the most loyal of his kind.

He clamored around the room getting dressed and headed down to the coffee pot which he now noticed had no coffee brewed and no lights on. It was dead.

"Dead, like I'm becoming inside" he murmured to himself. He felt a strange tinge in his head after saying so. Slightly painful, yet somehow refreshing. He wasn't supposed to think such things. It was taboo for him and his kind. After all, they lived in the great kingdom, surrounded by "love and light". "What a load of crap" he said aloud as the pain in his head became stronger.

He was going to stop and get some coffee on his way in to work, but when he got there all he found was a sign on the cafe door. "Closed due to Virus".

"Sissies". They pain was coming again, emanating from two spots on his forehead and his skin was slightly turning pinkish.

A short time later his was walking towards his work. A palace adorned with gold and lofty terraces. They call it beautiful but to Lou it was an ugly eyesore created out of delusions on ones own grandeur.

Lou sneaked his way in, hoping to get to his desk without having to interact with any of these bafoons. He rounded the corner and hurriedly slunk down into his chair hoping the thin and short cubical walls would keep everyone away today. He knew better though. Just as he pressed the power button on his computer he felt a presence behind him. He slowly turned to see Michael, the bosses little pet standing there coffee mug in hand.

In a monotone voice he said "Hello, Lou. Whats happening. Ahhhhhhh we have sort of a problem here. Yeaaaaaa you didn't put one of the new cover sheets on your last HAP report"

"Oh, yea, ahhh sorry about that I must have forgot"

"Emmmmm yeaaaaaa, you see we're putting the cover sheets on all HAP reports now. Did you get the memo"?

"yea I uh, I have it right..."

"Well yours didn't have one. So ummmmm yeaaaaaa. I'm gonna need you to put one on and I'll make sure you get another copy of that memo, mmmmmkay?"

"No I don't need it I have it rig....."

"Mmmmkay buh bye now".

Lou felt that ancient forgotten feeling coming back. It was hate, anger, a bit of jealousy. He looked down to see that his fist were balled and the skin on his arms was pulsating from tan to pink to shades of crimson red. The pain in his head was back like two nails being driven outward from his skull.

Just then, his cubical neighbor popped his head over the thin metal white wall. Lou gathered himself and began to calm down as the oblivious and aloof Gabriel looked at him and said

"Hey Lou! You don't look so well man. Need any help with those HAP cover sheets?"

"No, I'm good Gabriel" Lou said as calmly as he could.

"Are you sure? Sounded like you forgot. Wouldn't want to upset the Boss-man. I'm pretty good at making them I could.."

"NO" Lou snapped. The pain was rising again. Collecting himself he looked up and said "Just go about your day Gabe, I'm fine"

"Ok brother, just let me know if you need me. I'm always right here for ya" He smiled and sunk back beneath the wall.

Before Lou could even take a deep breath, he felt another presence behind him. He turned to see Jesus standing there with his stupid long hair pulled back into a man bun and perfectly manicured beard. Jesus took a sip from his coffee cup that read "#1 Son"

"Hey, Lou whats happening." Jesus lowered his head and gazed down at Lou. "We need to talk about your HAP reports"

"Yea, Michael alre..."

Jesus cut him off "Yea, did ya get that memo?"

"I did, I jus..."

"You see we're putting cover sheets on all the HAP reports now so yeaaa if you could try to remember to do that form now on that would be greeeaat, mmmmkay."

Jesus reached down and smacked Lou on the back. "Alllrighty then buddy" and walked away.

Lou felt a low rumble from somewhere inside of him. Building louder and more violently with every passing millisecond. He stood up and looked down at his arms. His skin was turning blood red, his muscles ached and tore as they swelled and ripped his cloths off like he was the incredible red Hulk or something.

A quietness fell across the room as chattering on phones and pecking on keyboards all but halted. Gasps of exasperation were heard as the little halo adorned heads poked up from their cubical walls to see what all the commotion was about.

The pain in Lou's head was seething now and he felt blood run down his face as two horns spurted from his forehead. The relief and satisfaction of being freed from their cage welled inside him as he let out a roar that shook the room. Pictures fell from the walls and the copy machine started spitting out all of its paper as if it was terrified as well.

Lou felt a burning in his arms and held his hands out. Fire flew from his fingertips and he melted the cubical walls around himself. He grabbed a pile of molten metal from the ground. It felt good in his hands, no burning or pain. He pressed it between his hands, shaping and stretching it until it took the form of a trident. He triumphantly lifted it towards the ceiling.

He began to speak, but something was different. It was as if his voice was a hundred different ones all speaking in unison from a different ocitve. All eyes were on him now.

"Okay, if anyone wants to come with me...This moment will be the moment of something real and fun and inspiring in this God forsaken world and we will do it together."

He smiled an evil smile "Who's coming with me?"

"Who's coming with me?"

He looked around the room at all the shocked faces. Louder now "WHO'S COMING WITH ME?"

Crickets.

"Well, this is embarrassing."

Lou stretched out his newly sprouted black wings and made for the exit when suddenly a small meek voice spoke out from the corner.

"I will, I'm coming with you"

Lou turned in delighted surprise "Baal!...Thank you...Baal!" He exclaimed spreading his arms in a welcoming acceptance.

The two walked towards the window of the high-rise and Lou jabbed it with his trident. Glass shattered and an uneasy breeze swept through the office.

Lou, laughing spread his wings and turned to face the cowering fools once more.

"Lucifer...OUT!" he smiled and jumped from the window. A fiery trail followed behind him. The spot where he leapt from was smoldering and the smell of sulfur filled the air.

Everyone turned to see Baal sheepishly step inside the elevator. Jamming the 'door close' button. The doors slowly closed leaving only the shock and horror of what was now to come.

The end.

edit on 19-4-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Very creative and thought provoking story! I loved the read and had a real good laugh at the man bunned Jesus.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Very nice.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks, Satan is just a disgruntled heaven Inc. employee lol. His origin story even inspired such movies as Office Space and Jerry Maguire. I think there is even a line from War pigs in there.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I thought the nod to "Office Space" was a great touch, nicely done. Only negative was it wasn't long enough!(The story that is, the nod was just the right length lol).

Btw, anyone that hasn't seen Office Space shame on you! So many classic moments in one movie, they don't make them like that anymore!
edit on 19-4-2020 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Very nice.

If by nice you mean complete rubbish, I agree.

Thank you

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

A fun blend of one of my favorite movies and its possible origins...

Although I'm still looking for the red Swingline reference.

Well done!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

HA! That was hilarious and great!

"Hey, Lou whats happening." Jesus lowered his head and gazed down at Lou. "We need to talk about your HAP reports"

So true on so many levels...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Lol, should have had him pop back in and ask if anyone had seen it.

Thank you

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Well that answers the question of why he went "bad" I think anyone would.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   

That was a fun read. I like your flow. Lots of action made it easy to read. I think the parodying of "Office Space" (one of my favorite pictures, btw) works well. Nice work, s+f.

top topics

join