It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill DeBlasio - NYC Needs 7.5 Billion Covid-19 Recovery Dollars or America is Screwed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Saturday, April 18, 2020

Bill De Blasio, mayor of New York City, and former 2020 Dem Presidential Candidate, has been making the rounds this week on every major TV network.

He says the loss of revenue, caused by his shutting down New York City over the CoronaVirus-19 epidemic, will cause NYC Garbage Collection, Police Protection, and Fire Fighting services, to be curtailed beginning on May 1st, and crippled in 3 months, unless:

Mayor Bill de Blasio rolled out a proposed budget Thursday that shaved $6 billion from his initial request, and begged the feds for a $7.4 billion injection of aid, linking New York’s recovery from the coronavirus, to any national rebound.

“Everyone wants a restart, everyone wants our economy to recover,” de Blasio said. “But, there has to be a really clear understanding, if we can’t provide the basics for our people then you can kiss the recovery goodbye.”

He added: “If we are not strong, if our people are not safe, then this nation cannot recover.”
Source: nypost.com...

I was listening to De Blasio being interviewed on MSNBC earlier today. He slams President Trump for not stopping Covid-19 in time, then expresses dismay that the President wouldn't answer him regarding his request for $7.5 Billion during their phone conversation this past Thursday.

"He wouldn't answer me! Just silence.... What kind of President is this!?", a miffed DeBlasio whined to the MSNBC host.

O.P. thoughts...

On the one hand, a vibrant Greater New York City (NY/NJ metro) was very important to the smooth functioning of America as a whole.

On the other hand, DeBlasio himself is largely responsible for a ton of the Covid-19 illness/death in his city, because his administration told residents to ignore the early warnings out of the President's department of Health and Human Services.

Also, if DeBlasio gets $7.5 billion of our U.S. tax dollars, how much should go to Chicago, or Atlanta, or Los Angeles, or New Orleans?

Once we give $$$ to one mayor who shut his city down, we have to give it to a lot of them.

And Governors will be in line with their hands outstretched too. Our Illinois governor (JB Pritzker) is opining about revenues being down 67%, because he shut down most of the state 32 days ago, and asked everyone to stay home 24/7, except to grocery shop or go out for exercise.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ATS? Should U.S. Taxpayers (US Treasury) "Make New York City whole again", as mayor De Blasio is requesting?

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/18/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

His city under his leadership has been bleeding taxpayers fleeing the city and the state.

Of course he needs a lot of money really quickly.

And if he doesn't get it then it's Trump's fault that his city is going broke.

Never let a good crisis go to waste, after all.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
All I can say is no no no no no no no no no

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
But he (like our Illinois Gov) turned up the volume of $$$ loses immensely when they chose to shut down.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: maryjo44

Summer is coming. Without garbage collection, the RATS will then own NYCity and Baltimore.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
But he (like our Illinois Gov) turned up the volume of $$$ loses immensely when they chose to shut down.

Still Trump's fault.

Everything is... haven't you noticed?

It's almost like mayors and governors have no real role at all...

I guess in the future we should probably get rid of that system and just install a Federal overseer in those positions...

/sarcasm

edit on 18-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As was demonstrated by the request for all the counties ventilators be sent to New York three weeks ago; it is clear that these guys play by the rule "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

If I was in charge of the federal response I'd go over New Yorks request with a fine toothed comb and try to give the state what it needs rather than worry about giving them what they want.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Summer is coming. Without garbage collection, the RATS will then own NYCity and Baltimore.

So business as usual then.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm sorry, How long has NY been run by criminals?

Perfect time for housecleaning.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

First, Trump can't hand out money. That is congresses job. So if they deem monies to be given to state, county, or cities, all trump can do is sign the law, or veto it. It isn't Trumps decision.

Camain

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
New York doesn't need the money.

Bill DeBlasio does.

ETA:Remember Staten Island Chuck.... always.

edit on 18-4-2020 by madmac5150 because: Gattafinga!

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
President Trump should follow through on his threat to "Adjourn the Congress" and run 100% of the government, until they're ready to come back to Washington.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I remember the bashing of Trump by New York officials when he was trying to stop flights from China coming in through new york. Even the head of the New York health was on TV saying quarantine was not necessary, it will be alright.

So, now they blame it on the FEDS? These high officials think that everyone is dumb, that they cannot remember what was said before. The devil would have you believe a lie. The Devil is a Deceiver, not really a being, deceivers often are a part of a group of other deceivers which forms an entity of a sort.

I believe people can see the truth if their eyes are opened. The problems in New York are partly caused by the people they have in charge of their state government.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat
That would be a very smart thing for the Administration to do, considering how irrational New York leaders are.

It's crazy that the USNS hospital ship COMFORT is still 90% Empty, as of yesterday! Cuomo/DeBlasio told President Trump that this hospital ship was desperately needed.

Comfort sits 90% empty of patients: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

So business as usual then.

Rats have owned Baltimore for years. But New York City would be an additional prize, if garbage collection is severely curtailed, as De Blasio promises to do without a Federal Bailout.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm sorry, How long has NY been run by criminals?

Perfect time for housecleaning.

The huge lawsuits for negligence will cause the leadership to bail. That might be one reason why President Trump doesn't want to give NYCity $7.5 Billion.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain

First, Trump can't hand out money. That is congresses job. So if they deem monies to be given to state, county, or cities, all trump can do is sign the law, or veto it. It isn't Trumps decision.

Camain

De Blasio said this evening that Trump forced Congress to give $2 Trillion to his millionaire friends in business, last month. So he's very capable of doing the same thing to get $7.5 Billion to New York City.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

These leftist ass-munching authoritarian freedom-hating communist meat-twinkies are going to trash their cities and states, then run for money and then cry to raise taxes over the authoritarian freedom-hating communist crap that they did.

*flips off all the leftist assholes*

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

As usual, you are 100% spot-on, RickyMouse. I think we (U.S. taxpayers) can match any funds DeBlasio can raise with Tax and Fee hikes.

But he has to take personal responsibility for telling New Yorkers to ignore the early February Covid-19 warnings from the Trump Administration.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

These leftist ass-munching authoritarian freedom-hating communist meat-twinkies are going to trash their cities and states, then run for money and then cry to raise taxes over the authoritarian freedom-hating communist crap that they did.

*flips off all the leftist assholes*

A colorful way of saying, They dug their own graves, so screw them?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join