It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump opening the economy too soon may be deadly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This seems to be a common theme these days. Especially in the mainstream media. "Trump" and his "right wing" sycophants are out to kill Americans to save the economy, by opening the economy too soon. Journalists are all over this theme and it is repeated ad nauseum, even ATSers repeat this ad nauseum. We must save the entire US population from a horrid death from COVID 19 and Trump will kill us all by suggesting Governors open too soon. Even though Trump has zero say about opening the economy, only Governors can do that and can make those decisions, Trump can only make suggestions to the Governors by law.

BUT, what about the people at risk and dying from the lockdown itself?
What about those suffering and dying due to a nearly nationwide lockdown,
why don't the same people blaming everything COVID 19 on Trump,
seem to care about them?

First lets take a look at some facts: To date COVID 19 has killed less than 0.001% of the US population and less than 1% of the US population has contracted COVID 19. The US population totals 330 Million people

Even with vaccines for the flu and Tamiflu, last years death/illness/infection rate from the flu is still at a minimum 50–75% higher than COVID19 depending on the metric:
650 thousand cases of COVID 19 - regular flu in 2019, 42.9 million cases
33 thousand deaths from COVID 19 - regular flu in 2019, 61 thousand deaths
14 thousand seriously ill from COVID 19 - regular flu in 2019, 959 thousand seriously ill
www.cdc.gov... : time.com... : www.worldometers.info...

Should we lock in everyone, every year, because in last year’s flu season far more died, far more were hospitalized, and far more became ill even with a vaccine and effective treatments? This is a question which those who say Trump is going to kill millions from encouraging governors to reopen their economies and critics must think deeply about the future of the US and how it handles infectious outbreaks of the regular flu, for the rest of their lives.

What about the loss of life from the enormous increase in suicide,
drug abuse, alcohol abuse
from the psychological disorders, which every study on isolation shows, isolation creates mental disorders.
buffalonews.com... : www.foxnews.com... : news.yahoo.com...

What about the people who have been told to avoid the hospital or they will get a horrid disease and die. There is an enormous increase of people dying at home of things that could have been prevented had they gone to the hospital. On TV I watched a man who recovered from COVID19 who was told when he called not to go to the hospital unless he thought he was dying because if he didn’t have it, he would catch it and die. He did think he had it and did think he would die and so went and he did have it.
www.wafb.com... :

In the media US citizens are constantly told not to go the hospital unless you are positive you are dying or you will catch COVID19 and die a wretched, horrible death. This type of reporting is so prevalent that many many Doctors and Nurses are being laid off around the nation due to a lack of patients. Thousands of US medical workers furloughed, laid off as routine patient visits drop during coronavirus pandemic.
www.usatoday.com...

What about the epidemic of domestic abuse since the lockdown began? What about the lives of children stuck in a house of horrors day in and day out with no relief? What about women stuck in homes living in constant terror? There is no relief for these victims, no one to notice, no one to check on them, no one who seems to care? Do their lives matter? www.arkansasonline.com... : www.cnn.com...

What about people who may starve when the federal government goes bankrupt because it can’t pay people to stay home forever and their families are left to starve for lack of food and housing due to extreme poverty if the lockdown continues: like many Democratic Governors are suggesting is possible in their states, until there is a vaccine 18 months minimum from now. This is inevitable with a continued forced lockdown. The federal government is not a tree that just grows money, it is already a money tree with no leaves left on it and promissory notes attached to the branches.
What about the loss of life from little to no economic activity.

The grocery stores are starting to look like the stores in the USSR during the old soviet union. In my grocery store just yesterday there were wide swaths of empty shelves. Continued lockdown may kill more due to malnutrition at a minimum or possible starvation than the virus.

We have already seen fields left to rot and farmers having to destroy food and crops, due to lockdown orders.

To those who insist we must stay locked down until there is a vaccine or we will condemn millions to a wretched horrible death.

Don’t the rest of the people in the nation matter?

My question for those who say Trump and conservatives are out to kill people by opening the economy and ending lockdowns:

Don’t the deaths matter
of mental illness, suicide directly caused or made worse by lockdowns,
by drug or alcohol abuse and death made worse by the lockdown,
of women and children who die locked in with abusers and no one to check on them or who cares,
by malnutrition from lack of food due to job losses,
by people who die at home of preventable diseases terrorized by the media into not leaving their homes for fear they will catch a worse disease and die a horrific death?

It is interesting that the only people who seem worth saving according to most of the media (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, NY Times etc.) and many on ATS, are those with COVID 19, everyone else is barely reported on and thus don’t appear to matter.

edit on 4/18/20 by The2Billies because: format grammar

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

You have a very long and informed post, but in the end it isn't Trump opening up anything... It is only Governors that can do it, so if they don't then Trump can't do a damn thing about it. Trump has said that about 29 states are at the point they could start opening us, and Texas is saying they are going to, but keep schools closed for the remainder of the school year, smart move I say.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
We could start things back up reasonably and still be pretty safe. We have more tools to fight this now, we know more about it too. I think it is approprate to try starting things up again in stages, it will take a long time to return things back to normal. Some businesses may never wind up making a living anymore, especially the ones that make sports stuff and sell stuff for parties. Receptions will never be the same anymore, and neither will stuff like art on the rocks and other big social functions.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
a reply to: The2Billies

You have a very long and informed post, but in the end it isn't Trump opening up anything... It is only Governors that can do it, so if they don't then Trump can't do a damn thing about it. Trump has said that about 29 states are at the point they could start opening us, and Texas is saying they are going to, but keep schools closed for the remainder of the school year, smart move I say.

You are absolutely correct. Yet the mainstream media and many on ATS keep saying he is out to kill Americans for the economy by opening up - when he can't - he can only suggest it.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i think it is going to be trial and error. I agree with alot of your post. I just feel numbers are way way underreported.. I know at least 10 people in my family and a whole bunch of coworkers who had covid and never got tested. I also know so many people who claimed to have had some kind of mysterious illness back in december. Similar to flu but not. So they can possibly be covid also. Only way to know for sure is to do antibody testing on everyone. BUt i agree cant stay closed every year.a reply to: The2Billies

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The federal government never closed anything except international and interstate commerce subjects. PDJT and all presidents have no power to "close states". It's the governors that took the RECOMMENDATIONS of federal assets and shut things down. It's the governors that have their feet to fire to re-open things.

Another typical setup, hoping for a future sting, to bash PDJT.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Therein is the beauty and genius of The Plan. If the states that open up as Trump has encouraged experience a handful of deaths and the cowardly asshats demanding everyone hide in their homes get verklempt, then it ultimately is on their governors' heads rather than POTUS'. If the ridiculously low threshold of deaths the tyranny of the masses has identified as unacceptable isn't reached, then the governors of the states that arent opening up as Trump is calling for are easily vilified for destroying America's economy in the name of unfounded fear.

Nobody who supported Trump 3 months ago is going to switch to team Biden over any of this, but a hell of a lot of people who weren't totally supportive of Trump before all of this ARE going to have an excellent opportunity to blame their newfound economic destitution on Democrat governors and mayors who were loudly anti-Trump before all this... enemy of enemy is my friend, ya?

Trump didnt rape the USA in the name of Coronavirus nor did he manipulate the weak and fearful cowards who allowed themselves to be played by influenza under a different name. The folks from both parties who locked the country down over this nothing own 100% of that one

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You fools realize the primary target Covid kills is your base supporters, right?

You gonna keep anyone in your core alive come November?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I thought the states were given the latitude to open when each Governor felt comfortable doing so.

That's why we don't hear very much from the liberal media calling Trump a dictator, like they were before the reopen America initiative was unveiled this week.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Democrat governors and mayors who were loudly anti-Trump before all this... enemy of enemy is my friend, ya?

Trump didnt rape the USA in the name of Coronavirus nor did he manipulate the weak and fearful cowards who allowed themselves to be played by influenza under a different name. The folks from both parties who locked the country down over this nothing own 100% of that one

To be fair, the first models this shutdown was all predicated on was looking like 4%+ lethality and that would have been bad, but the stupid Governors/Mayors have kept on course as if it was still 4%+. People are not protesting Trump as they are starting to protest their Governor/Mayor. I wonder if in the end Trump doesn't gain or lose in his victory over dead brain Biden, BUT a large number of Governors/Mayors are going down.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Therein is the beauty and genius of The Plan. If the states that open up as Trump has encouraged experience a handful of deaths and the cowardly asshats demanding everyone hide in their homes get verklempt, then it ultimately is on their governors' heads rather than POTUS'. If the ridiculously low threshold of deaths the tyranny of the masses has identified as unacceptable isn't reached, then the governors of the states that arent opening up as Trump is calling for are easily vilified for destroying America's economy in the name of unfounded fear.

Nobody who supported Trump 3 months ago is going to switch to team Biden over any of this, but a hell of a lot of people who weren't totally supportive of Trump before all of this ARE going to have an excellent opportunity to blame their newfound economic destitution on Democrat governors and mayors who were loudly anti-Trump before all this... enemy of enemy is my friend, ya?

Check this, My dad is the ultra dittohead...hardcore capital R.
He is also in his 70s.
Needless to say, he is extremely worried about this virus and rightfully so..him and Mom both. He is healthy but Mom is not as healthy. He has been trying since day 1 to go the extra mile and make sure things are secure.
We live in Florida
Since Trump and co has been all "screw the oldies, lets open things back up", he has basically lost his religion.
Naa, he won't vote for Biden, but I think he may actually sit this election out from pure disgust and realization of whats happening on the right.

Saddens me that the party of "life" only gives a crap when its in the womb.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
That's why we don't hear very much from the liberal media calling Trump a dictator, like they were before the reopen America initiative was unveiled this week.

only in $^%&ing America can we turn a virus into politics from the bottom.

If we had a volcano open up in a major city, I have no doubt the programmed would be screaming its a liberal/conservative issue.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The models for Coronavirus, climate change, and presidential polls, are overseen by the same deranged mindset

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Back when I first enrolled with abovetopsecret.com, political threads were the minority by far.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
To be fair, the first models this shutdown was all predicated on was looking like 4%+ lethality and that would have been bad, but the stupid Governors/Mayors have kept on course as if it was still 4%+.

Let me ask you a question and I want you to actually consider this before answering

Do you think the under-percentage came because the elderly seen this as a major issue and took proper precautions, meanwhile the people who get it are the ones not soo worried about it and therefore not as many of the healthier people die? This would result in a lesser percentage of mortality if the ones under most exposure were healthy, right?

What happens when things relax, and/or the curve turns back into a spike but this time the elderly folks are now exposed equally as the younger crowd? What do you reckon happens when it starts to hit the elderly in spades?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You are 100% correct. This about a media blitz to create a false reality. The usual culprits are using the resulting chaos to grab more power and further erode civil liberties. Liberties given up are rarely given back.... those who would trade their liberties for the promise of temporary security deserve neither... we live in strange times...the world will never be the same....

So many great quotes to choose from so little time.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: SaturnFX

Back when I first enrolled with abovetopsecret.com, political threads were the minority by far.

Same, but I don't mind the odd political thread. Most things do relate to politics
This shouldn't though...this is a virus. The only discussions that are relevant would be science, some economic considerations, and hell, maybe the odd "the aliens are culling the old to come make us slave labor" or some such wacky thing...but nope, its all about how team red or team blue are evil because of the virus and/or economic impact and Trump is the greatest/worst because of the virus.

Politics is a religion...I get it. but y'all need jesus and leave the medical science to medical scientists
What many wouldn't give to have a few extra months with their mother or father...certainly would give up some comforts that will undoubtedly come back in a short while after the emergency legit slows down.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
The federal government never closed anything except international and interstate commerce subjects. PDJT and all presidents have no power to "close states". It's the governors that took the RECOMMENDATIONS of federal assets and shut things down. It's the governors that have their feet to fire to re-open things.

Another typical setup, hoping for a future sting, to bash PDJT.

Thank you an I apologize if I wasn't clear enough about agreeing with you 100%

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenmonet
So many great quotes to choose from so little time.

Okay Boomer.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm watching Trump now live doe's he know he looks like a Racoon and sounds like that old sataurdy Night live sceen were the Football players repeat I like footbaall football has been very good to me I take the ball and run I like football its been very good to me .?
edit on 4/18/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join