It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Ostrov: like HIV, a vaccine will not be effective against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolicia

And I can ‘third it’ from another perspective. I went backpacking for a year in my late 20s. I was going around the globe so I had to get 6 or 7 vaccines within a 2 week period, including Diphtheria, Meningitis A C, Typhoid, hepatitis A, yellow fever and rabies

Within a couple of months - just before I was due to leave - I had to have an emergency appendectomy. I know late 20s is a common age for this to happen to men, but I was extremely fit, healthy and just a couple months after the vaccines... go figure!

So after 6 weeks recovery I finally went backpacking - India first, where a couple weeks in I got bitten and clawed by a monkey while visiting some tourist caves. My vaccines had included pre-rabies, which meant I had to have the follow up to that ASAP. After 24 hours of anxious rickshawing around the town of Aurangabad I got (what I hope was) the correct vaccine from a pharmacy. I was out of salts with a light flu for a week, then back in business. Apart from amoebic dysentery a couple weeks after that and getting stung several times by sea urchins on my back and feet in Thailand, and getting caught by Hurricane Mitch in Mexico I was pretty much ok for the rest of that amazing year travelling the world.

3 or 4 years later I started getting pain In ribs at night, which spread around to my back and a foot. Drs diagnosed seronegative inflammatory arthritis - an autoimmune disorder making my body think there’s something wrong in the effected areas (mainly the ribs) and inflaming the area causing the pain.

They gave me a steroid injection and a ton of drugs (including vioxx, since taken off the market for causing strokes; if I’d been on it an extra month I’d have been able to sue them for the risk). But after 11 months of getting worse they were suggesting that I stop work, take a walking stick and prescribed me biologicals. That’s when I lost faith in their snake oil and stopped taking everything they were giving me (including the vioxx) and whatdoyaknow, I got 80% better almost over night!

I cope ok - still get the pain fairly consistently - haven’t slept very well in 18 years - but it’s manageable without taking any drugs.

Can’t help thinking that it all goes back to having all those vaccines in a short space of time. Until then I was a good athlete and healthy. The vaccines feel like a year zero, after which I’ve always been coping with ailments. Vaccines protect you in a worst case scenario, but there’s no such thing as a free lunch.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rolicia
a reply to: Justoneman

Seconding this. I'm 38 years old, and apart from the vaccines that my parents made me take, I haven't taken any ever since. I've never been sick enough to stay home from school or work, and honestly, haven't been living the most healthy lifestyle in the past either. Indeed, an allergic reaction here and there aften being bitten by a bug or touching something, that's all.

Vaccines are a load of ****

I recall reading years back on how the Dr studying one of the disease, perhaps it was a Polio vaccine. He said he was the one that used the Green Monkey cells to culture the vaccine and realized later it was the cause of HIV. Too many story's of some animal/organism that is not native being played with genetically that escapes like African Bees that are close to the European Honey Bee escaped in S America and has been a scourge everywhere they migrate.

People become either arrogant, complacent or sinister when they start messing around with mother nature. The vaccines are certainly messing around with DNA of some nasty stuff and they try to convince people that if others don't take it then the vaccinated ones can get sick. Are you going to say that and get away with it, really??? If I don't take it and get sick so be it. The Vaccine is 'going to work' for you anyway if you buy the BS.

edit on 19-4-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Oh, that is a bit of bad luck no matter how it came about it sucks. Sounds like my deal with my Dr on my allergies. Accept for good over the counter meds like Zirtec or Flonase products I think the cure is worse than the condition. So when the flowers open up, i start sneezing and dry cough and my eyes feel like sand is in them. No amount of the old Clear eyes/Visine works but I do get a tad bit of relief from the antihistamine laced Visine varieties. It just feels like sand is where my eyelids touch my eyes right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
I get hey fever too and yes, it sucks! That time of year everyone looks forward to, that you want to look forward to comes laced with this allergy.

I was thinking, because of this virus, I should suffer the allergy without taking the zirtec etc this year, since (I’m guessing) they dampen the immune system.
edit on 19-4-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It's almost as if it's a "perfectly" engineered virus that we're incapable of stopping 🤔

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Scapegrace
So the 115 vaccine candidates under development worldwide are a waste of time and resources?

I use to take vaccines and thought they were great at 1st. Bacteriology class woke me up to how whacked it can get with culturing dangerous organism to test them. I am starting to see trends in the science being used that makes it clear someone is taking big chances and speeding up virus evolution for profit and 'people control'..Power grabs are easier when people are programmed to be afraid if they don't do what is claimed to be "indisputably scientifically accurate" or kill people by YOUR actions. The BS level is so high I need waders on to keep from getting the poop on me.

ETA
It has been 40 yrs since I took my last vaccination besides a Tetanus shot or if bitten by a Rabid animal I wouldn't consider any vaccines now. I don't get anything more than allergies. Haven't had a sickness that caused me to have a fever since childhood. My dad raised us to eat right, go outside and exercise our bodies to make is so our bodies will heal themselves. That turns out to be what the cure is NOW for CV, eat right, exercise and get some Vitamin D by soaking in the Sun.
How do you think smallpox was eradicated worldwide? Have you seen a photo of a smallpox victim? A picture is worth a thousand words.

We had eradicated measles in America by 2000. But it was reintroduced from abroad (couldn’t possibly have been illegal aliens ...), and because we have so many anti-vaxxers now it’s making a comeback.
edit on 19-4-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I, for one, still waiting for the killer bees that are coming to kill us all...

Vaccines for this are unlikely to come quickly if ever

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join