It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier admits they massacred innocents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Greetings all,

One US soldier (U.S. Marine Jimmy Massey) has admitted what really goes on in Iraq - innocent Iraqis massacred :

“We kill innocent Iraqi civilians all the time. That’s the way it is. I believe they need to withdraw all foreign military troops in Iraq right away. And I say this about other soldiers: to avoid punishment or reprisals by the military, they don’t want to talk and admit that killing terrorists is not our mission. It’s to kill innocent civilians.”

and

“We killed more than 30 people. That was the first time that I had to face up to the horror that my hands were soiled with the blood of civilians. We laid down cluster bombs on them. The people fled, and when they arrived at the control points we had set up with armed convoys, I was supposed to shoot the ones that looked like they belonged to ‘terrorist groups.’ Those were the directions military intelligence gave us.”

“We ended up massacring innocent civilians – men, women, and children. When our platoon took over a radio station, we went ahead and put out propaganda to the population urging them to go on with their daily routine, keep the schools open, etc. But we knew that our orders were to ‘search and destroy.’ That meant carrying out armed assaults on schools, in hospitals, anywhere that ‘terrorists’ could hide. In reality these were traps set up by military intelligence. We ourselves were supposed to overlook the taking of civilian lives that were part of these missions.”

Source here :
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

It is encouraging that some soldiers are prepared to speak out, further signs that the lies about Iraq are crumbling.

Iasion

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Good post.

I hope you're not surprised, though. Our forces are doing all kinds of dirt over there. It's sickening, but what's worse is that so many of our citizens support this diabolical "liberation."

I agree that it's good to see some troops speak out about what's really happening. This, along with that Marine on Saddam and others is showing that the lies of the establishment are finally being revealed. It's a shame that people will still deny any wrongdoing, even if the troops who killed civilians told them to their faces...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Is this the same one who said that we didn't capture Saddam also?

This is complete and utter BULL#! And deep down you know it is, just read that part about being told to shoot to kill those that just look like terrorists and bombing civilians deliberately. This makes me sick in that some of you will be stupid enough to believe it.

It makes those that have lost their life protecting civilians moot..

TURDBLOSSOM HEAVEN HERE IN THIS POST!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
it's rather simple. were it the policy of the soldiers in iraq to kill innocents, then the numbers of those dead would be hundreds of times greater.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
it's rather simple. were it the policy of the soldiers in iraq to kill innocents, then the numbers of those dead would be hundreds of times greater.

I have to say you have a good point, and here is another,

with all the press there wouldn't someone have gotten this one film? I mean this is the chance to get back at the nasty ol imperialistic Americans isn't it?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well, the press would catch it and expose it if independent journalists weren't being killed. Bring it on, I have a couple of examples of these journalists being killed over there.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Well, the press would catch it and expose it if independent journalists weren't being killed. Bring it on, I have a couple of examples of these journalists being killed over there.

You need to get them journalists to not try going through roadblocks at 100kmhr

Come on you can do better...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

This is complete and utter BULL#! And deep down you know it is, just read that part about being told to shoot to kill those that just look like terrorists and bombing civilians deliberately. This makes me sick in that some of you will be stupid enough to believe it.

Oh come on, don't be a poopy head (your right, it is fun to talk like that). When was the last time you were in Iraq? Maybe you should be open to the possibility that your government isn't without sin. I'm not saying if it's true or not, but aren't you at least curious as to what the truth might be?

Or are you just happy being a poopy head?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
One, there are conflicting reports on the speed at which they approached, so you can't prove it one way or the other. But, I won't knock you for using that to back yourself...

Two, that reporter wasn't killed, so either you're saying that she should have been killed or you're admitting that they actually kill journalists. Either way, you walked into a self-devised trap there...

And three, how do you explain the journalist who was killed because he was allegedly filming mass graves of US troops?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If you fire upon occupied cities, you are targeting innocent civilians whether they are the intended target or not.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by curmeOh come on, don't be a poopy head (your right, it is fun to talk like that). When was the last time you were in Iraq? Maybe you should be open to the possibility that your government isn't without sin. I'm not saying if it's true or not, but aren't you at least curious as to what the truth might be?

Well you can believe this all you want and I will concede that we do make mistakes but to claim that we deliberately target civilians is juts plan crap.

Originally posted by truthseekaAnd three, how do you explain the journalist who was killed because he was allegedly filming mass graves of US troops?

Well there goes any credibility that you might have had.......

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They are not orderd to kill civilians, they are orderd to kill "terroists".
Now take a young boy bought up in lets say hmmm ohio, he has been watching cnn news for the past 2 years, seeing how terroists are arab looking people with turbans and long beards. Then this boy joins the U.S. army, and is deployed to iraq. He is then orderd to kill anyone who he suspect is a terroist. Well then, who do u think his going to shoot?
Any arab with a turban and a beard.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Is this the same one who said that we didn't capture Saddam also?

It makes those that have lost their life protecting civilians moot..

TURDBLOSSOM HEAVEN HERE IN THIS POST!

Ignore this die-hard patriot who defends America to the death... he can't stand anything Anti-American. This is a conspiracy forum ma'am!!! We're allowed to post what we think is part of a conspiracy!

I wouldn't be suprised if this is true. Considering the amount of civilian casulties during the Iraq War, alot of innocent civilians have been killed in one way or another by US Forces. Now, I don't know about the part where it says it is US Policy in Iraq to murder civilians as this could be just pushing it too far, and if it is true, America is truely worse than what I thought. The US have committed alot of attrocities during this war, as happens during any war. Civilian Casulties are a part of war, however in the current Iraq War, this is something that the American Forces seem to be getting infamous for.

There's Abu Graib, the alleged bombing of a wedding celebration, shooting surrendered insurgents, bombing and assaulting cities like Fallujah with large civilian populations without a care in the world, brutal tactics used to control riots, and so the list goes on and on. While I don't doubt that the US Forces kill civilians, sometimes for stupid reasons or no reason at all, it still is a little to hard to believe that a policy of war is to kill civilians! America has sunk to a new low if this is true, and I hope that someone with the courage will be able to tell all about the real situation over there!

Honestly, the Iraqi War of 2003 is biggest load of s*** in modern times, completely unjustified, exaggeratedly biased on the media, and has taken an unbelievable toll on Iraq, and has turned the once sovereign nation into a living hell.

America needs to stay the hell out of other countrie's businesses and disarm and democratise itself before it even begins to try to do the same to other nations.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wangThey are not orderd to kill civilians, they are orderd to kill "terroists".
Now take a young boy bought up in lets say hmmm ohio, he has been watching cnn news for the past 2 years, seeing how terroists are arab looking people with turbans and long beards. Then this boy joins the U.S. army, and is deployed to iraq. He is then orderd to kill anyone who he suspect is a terroist. Well then, who do u think his going to shoot?
Any arab with a turban and a beard.

This is the most stupid thing I have heard yet, these are professional soldiers and receive training apparently that you haven't a slightest clue about. Sure some will make mistakes but they are the very very few that do.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
haha make a few mistakes?!
listen i think you should read up about history, america is well known for being one of the most in-experienced armies in the world. The only reason america is the most powerful military is becasue of the technology.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I believe this is complete and utter bilge. I note many of the other stories on the source site are anti-American in nature, leading me to believe its a propaganda site.

And Curme, perhaps you should be openminded as well. Is it really credible information? Is it not possible that US leadership would NOT indulge in such policies? In my opinion, a lot more credible that they wouldn't, as opposed to would.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me!

One man posts something on his disgruntled site and it is believed?

Anti Americanism is the theme for this site I see.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If you ask me, 12 years in the Marines and only a sargeant??? Its a bit low considering the average person in 5 years gets a staff sargeant rank.

This whole thing sounds more like Italian propaganda. People can't stand to hear pro-american subjects. I guess hate is there only option.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Isn't this the same guy who spoke at a trial on the behalf of the Marine deserter who sought asylum in Canada? The very same guy who has a book coming out soon? (Or is it already out?) This guy's a riot. I find it hard to believe anyone who is looking to benefit financially. This guy says he spent four months in Iraq, which actually turned into less than 8 weeks. Seems like an awful lot happened in those 8 weeks, enough for a book. Hard to believe? I think so.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ed, you're so predictable it isn't even funny. Oh wait, it is.

I intentionally put "allegedly" to note that this thing about the mass graves is asserted, not factual. I haven't been able to verify this, so I didn't say it was fact. Let me help you out...ALLEGEDLY!!!!

Damn, sometimes these arguments aren't even fun. I've noticed you have a penchant for dealing with unproven facts, Ed. If it makes you feel better, stay in your fairy tale version of America. Sigh, whatever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join