It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm MAD...it's COLD!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: slaughterhorseangel

Theres a lot more Coloradendoans on this board than you might imagine..

And yeah. Tried to go to my mailbox earlier without pants on, in a show of solidarity obviously, and it was absolutely deemed a mistake within the first two steps.

The fact that you tried is all that really counts!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
Well, I hope you don’t have neighbors close by! I have to say though, I would laugh if I saw someone getting their mail without pants on a day like this!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
20 years of Minneapolis cured me. I always had a heater on my motor and an automatic starter.

It'll be 90 here in Belleair Beach Fl tomorrow. Had a cool spell of 70 today so I had to close the windows.

You are a tough guy. I'm 7 floors up and sitting outside watching the stars peek through clouds over the gulf. I'm a wuss.

edit on 17-4-2020 by Floridadreamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

if this is your experience this morning - how do you get through a normal winter ?

he first vehicle - that went " click " - sounds like the battery is on " last legs " - test and if nessecary replace with a quality battery - not cheep junk

next - for all your vehicles - assuming they are garaged [ or that you can garage the ones you EXPECT to use next day - aftermarket fuel and engine heat kits are availiable - that you turn on when you awake - and by the time you have had brekkie - and start your day - hey hoo - vehicles primed to start

just remember to discvonect the power lead - before driving off

arctic ops - of engines @ far below your temps - is successfull in many region

just review your kit and what you expect from it

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
20 years of Minneapolis cured me. I always had a heater on my motor and an automatic starter.

It'll be 90 here in Belleair Beach Fl tomorrow. Had a cool spell of 70 today so I had to close the windows.

You are a tough guy. I'm 7 floors up and sitting outside watching the stars peek through clouds over the gulf. I'm a wuss.

Minnesota doesn't get the respect it deserves.....as being one of the coldest #tiest states in the whole country.

People who don't understand this think of it next time you see a national weather map, notice how even in the "warmer" months, that damn jetstream always seems to dip down and give them straight up arctic circle weather.
edit on 17-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Looking forward to photos ???

😉😉

Lags

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Spring came 2 months early this year here in SW France.

Great for gardening but gonna be a few old folk dropping like flies this summer I think.

I'm predicting record temperatures.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Seasons have shifted.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I don't think you're understanding. I didn't spend a half a page making "RRRRrrrRRRRrrr" sounds in my OP. None of the batteries were dead when I first began to attempt starting the equipment, they all died in the process. Secondly, all this equipment is diesel, and it's sitting outside, not in a garage or building. So, it's exposed to the wind and cold. Thirdly, I grew up in northwestern Wyoming, so I am more than intimately familiar with extreme cold weather operations. It gets a hell of a lot colder there than it does here. And no, 11F (the current temp) is not particularly cold...during WINTER! But that's just it...it's NOT winter!, hence my rant.

If it was winter, equipment which needed to run the next day would have been plugged in the night before. And, it would have been inside one of the barns out of the weather, but again, it's not winter! It was 80F last Saturday. All the equipment has long since been moved to their normal spring and summer locations, which is not in a barn and not near electrical outlets, again, hence my rant. Then, some freak weather incident shows up and I suddenly need to get everything started for one reason or another (i.e. getting other people unstuck, plowing roads, moving trailers, etc.), and nothing wants to start. Again, hence my rant.

This is not a matter of needing new batteries, or running fuel treatments, we do all that already. But when spring time rolls around all those fuel additives get run out, all the miles of extension cords get rolled up and put away because, well, it's spring time. Now, it's not uncommon at all to get spring snow storms here. Happens every year. What is uncommon though is for it to get this cold, this far into April.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. We'll get it all sorted out. We always do. It's just sometimes a fella's got to rant, you know?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Seasons have shifted.

Cheers

Not THAT much. When I was in Florida about 31 years ago, it SNOWED.

We had all the attractions to ourselves and queued for nothing... lol.

I remember being at the top of the tallest slide in "Wet and Wild" watching people running and the place emptied. So funny.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yeah I'm pissed off too. I hate looking out the window in the morning and seeing snow. I hope I don't have to work outside today.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Yeah I'm pissed off too. I hate looking out the window in the morning and seeing snow. I hope I don't have to work outside today.

Are you a professional snowman?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot
My boss doesn't care about the weather. He had my coworkers and I out shoveling dirt in the snow Tuesday.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join