It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid response is a failure in the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So you agree the numbers are wrong.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: underpass61

Ohhh man so you work with space d and they haven’t changed any strategy yet.. wow you are so cool.

I didn’t ever say there are pockets not impacted o replied to your comment saying aerospace is fine and it isn’t. I also work with Boeing and other companies that supply parts for new airplanes and I can tell you the industry is on hold.

boeing is a stain on the aero space industry right now, the days of the great and powerful Boeing are dead and gone.. Max debacle, KC-46 debacle are enough to sink most companies, they were looking at big time cuts no matter what.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think its a real problem, that these kids, cannot handle...
My teens acted more responsible, when they were 5...

edit on 16-4-2020 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Did you read what I do? I’m a consultant, my job makes me be outside any bubble. I work with companies in all industries.

No one said military demand is currently impacted, but I can guarantee you as more money gets diverted in our economy military cuts are coming. That should be good for the A10.. but other military might me impacted later.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yup but their problems trickle to lots of companies. Boeing had major issues before all this, now it’s just compounded.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
These idiots literally created a depression, most don’t notice it yet, but this will be a depression.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
These idiots literally created a depression, most don’t notice it yet, but this will be a depression.

Oh they know and cant wait for you to NEED them in every aspect of your life in order to fix it.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You can't make folks see what's in front of them.
This is a corporate takeover of the country. They eliminated all the competition.
It is mostly the large corporations that are raking in the dough.

The bean counters know that a lot of people won't be paying their bills with a stimulus check. They will run out and get a new I phone, big screen TVs, etc. And why not, mortgages, auto loans, insurance bills, and more are getting deferred with no interest or penalty. No need to pay that student loan just yet. So why bother. All these purchases will go the profit margins of big business. As I believe it was designed for.

Maybe after consumers spend what's left over from their newfound monetary windfall on binge drinking and drugs they will take notice. Problem is....they are dragging everything down with their blind acceptance that it's all for the common good.

And to think, they used to call me the crazy one....sheeeesh.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

In the U.K. ...

There's your problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Nah but I hear ya, this is true, thou. Fixing to sail off into the sunset, about had it with the megalomania.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I thought somebody proved the WHO tests were mostly defective !! 💥

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Frodolives

I'm kinda hoping this sets off hyper inflation, here is one red dollar to cover $10,000 of green debt. The huge companies will be fine. A few months max and they'll be as rich as they ever was.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

Must be doing something right? The original models had USA death in the millions.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
a reply to: Frodolives

I'm kinda hoping this sets off hyper inflation, here is one red dollar to cover $10,000 of green debt. The huge companies will be fine. A few months max and they'll be as rich as they ever was.

It's a slow roll of pre-planned weekly restrictions until we get to the endgame.
It's not looking pretty for anyone if there isn't an intervention to halt these absurdities.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
How could we screw this up this bad. Instead of making America great, the powers that be have made us into weaklings. We had advance notice but somehow we are handling it worse then Italy and other European countries. Why is South Korea so much better then us at handling this? They have 229 deaths in a country of 51 million. If we want to get in control of this why not just copy the South Korean model. There are no excuses for this colossal failure and while there is plenty of blame to go around the fact is our president is the biggest failure in this country right now and he needs to get out of office before he ends up letting more people die. If not, he needs his feet to the fire to actually implement a system that works meaning step aside and let the experts make the decisions.

Why do you assume that success against this virus should be measured by death counts?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

Get elected. Do better. The WHOLE world failed. Nice try though.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not all deaths are. Thats false.

Even accounting that...the ratio is way in favor of south korea

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ok let's measure it economically. Doesn't look better. reply to: VictorVonDoom

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

How could we screw this up this bad. Instead of making America great, the powers that be have made us into weaklings. We had advance notice but somehow we are handling it worse then Italy and other European countries. Why is South Korea so much better then us at handling this? They have 229 deaths in a country of 51 million. If we want to get in control of this why not just copy the South Korean model. There are no excuses for this colossal failure and while there is plenty of blame to go around the fact is our president is the biggest failure in this country right now and he needs to get out of office before he ends up letting more people die. If not, he needs his feet to the fire to actually implement a system that works meaning step aside and let the experts make the decisions.

US 670878 +32945 34385 +1979 5.1% 48859 +4243 7.3% 58763426723 87.6%
Spain 184948 +4289 19315 +503 10.4% 74797 +3944 40.4% 90836158 49.1%
Italy 168941 +3786 22170 +525 13.1% 40164 +2072 23.8% 1066071189 63.1%
France 165027 +17164 17920 +753 10.9% 33049 +1857 20% 11405814554 69.1%
Germany 137698 +2945 4052 +248 2.9% 77000 +4400 55.9% 566461703 41.1%
UK 104539 +4655 13767 +865 13.2% 1893 +189 1.8% 888793601 85%

Yeah the US is doing SOOO bad, bahahahaha compared to who one country like South Korea that has a population that listens 100%. Meanwhile in America New York a super liberal place that wouldn't listen, wouldnt even stop gatherings IN MARCH accounts for half of all covid cases and you think we are doing bad while in the EU the death rate is way above.

But I get it lets compare a huge diverse country like the US with little ol South Korea yeah that makes sense. And To blame Trump we all know you are full of it, if the US numbers which arent even bad are even bad at all its because New York wouldnt listen, go back and read the news during that time but you won't you regurgitate debunked fake news that Trump had intelligent reports in Feb. GO ahead and go back and reread that story, and read what Nancy Pelosi and democrats were doing but you just care about Trump. Get used to him, he will be your president for 4 more years. And I want the link on him benefiting from this at all business wise with family post links to the sites please I want to read that.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Well good he did the travel ban but obviously that was not enough it was more like a drop in the prevention bucket

I don't think you understand how the US Goverment works as a Republic... Read the 10th amendment and get back with me. South Korea shut down hard the first week of Mar due to a huge surge in positives. Towards the end of Feb America had 15 cases and even when SK shut down as they passed 1000 cases, the US had well under 100 still. That first week of Mar we had super Tuesday and impeachment going on, so how would the President ASK 50 Governors to shut down then? We did basically the same thing when we surged past 1000 cases too and most of the country was shutdown by Mar 18. It was sad that New Yorkers were not following their Mayor's instructions and they really didn't shut down until very late in the game.

As far as deaths...who know... So many Americans are not very healthy as about 99.99% that died also had preexisting conditions. Comparing Italy to SK..

In other words, South Korea has an outbreak among youngish, non-smoking women, whereas Italy's disease is occurring among the old and the very old, many of whom are smokers.

CNN

If you want to suggest SK did a better job, OK but that doesn't mean the rest of the world that shut down around the same time frame between the 2nd and 3rd week of March together failed.
edit on 17-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join