It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid response is a failure in the US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And? Lemme guess it’s a nothing burger? I posted links like that when people kept claiming it’s the flu which Obviously it isn’t. I know you all have Trump disease and either claim fake news or move the goalposts if you are wrong but we all can see through it.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I can't speak for the UK, but I do know, if you died in a car accindent in the states, right now. . . you'd be dead due to Covid.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

So reading is hard. Got it.

Why should anyone take your commentary seriously?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Trump did the right thing. He's letting the States and governor's succeed or fail on their own.

That's not leadership.

It's not the governments job to stop this.

Then why did he declare a "national" emergency, plus a state of emergency state by state? What is FEMA for? Why did he invoke the War Production Act, and then tell governors that they're on their own, and that the federal government is only back-up?

But to empower the states to do so.

The States always had that power.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, us here in aerospace/defense are doing business as usual.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh brother.. this is pretty simple. Let’s not even care what people died from. Double the normal death rate per day in NYC.

www.nytimes.com...

Keep downplaying.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Really? I work with Pratt and Whitney and I can tell you with 100% certainty it isn’t.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Oh brother.. this is pretty simple. Let’s not even care what people died from. Double the normal death rate per day in NYC.

www.nytimes.com...

Keep downplaying.

I would change your panic-pants.

Urine can cause chaffing.

Just an FYI

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Panic pants? I’m not panicking, I’m telling you it isn’t a nothing burger. The world isn’t coming to an end, but your downplaying is straight ignorant.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I work with SpaceX and a variety of other companies. Your point?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
We need to get the economy back open. That’s a start. The USA over reacted big time, I respect shutting things down at first, but it’s an over reaction now, the virus is not that deadly, as inticipated and to be brutally honest if things don’t get to normal by next month. There will be hell to pay. Economically I am seeing it on the front lines on the residential side, met people allot of people who have been laid off not furloughed but fired or laid off period.

With most of the economy closed they can’t find another job, and when the economy re opens it’s not like a mass hiring will occur allot of buisnesses will be gone.. it’s bad, very bad, I am on the front lines and I am saying yes the us government response to this pandemic has crushed the economy. People are not looking for quality right now they are looking for the cheapest.. because most have no income.. those that have money are trying to take advantage of the economical climate, it’s truly a dog eat dog environment for those people at the moment. It’s a bad time for buisness thank god I saved my money over the past few years so I don’t have to be in that vortex of madness, I have walked away at least three times this week from buisness deals that were just rediculous that others in my trade are killing themselves for..

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Ohhh man so you work with space d and they haven’t changed any strategy yet.. wow you are so cool.

I didn’t ever say there are pockets not impacted o replied to your comment saying aerospace is fine and it isn’t. I also work with Boeing and other companies that supply parts for new airplanes and I can tell you the industry is on hold.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

DeBlasio already admitted that they are "assuming" deaths by Covid and inflating the numbers.

DeBlasio is the mayor of one city. The Feds aren't collecting data on the dying in care facilities, prisons, or private homes.

www.washingtonpost.com... al-count/2020/04/05/71d67982-747e-11ea-87da-77a8136c1a6d_story.html

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Panic pants? I’m not panicking, I’m telling you it isn’t a nothing burger. The world isn’t coming to an end, but your downplaying is straight ignorant.

Spare me, Nancy. I’ve been preaching rational thought and common sense from the start and all I’ve seen is a growing number of sissies pissing their skinny jeans over this!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
And when they are counting ANY death as a covid 19 death how are we supposed to know what the real number actually is?
And now we will never know the true number....not even close

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Nvm

edit on 4 16 2020 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The tests arent even accurate. They identify coronavirus which is and always has been very common (the common cold is coronavirus), they do not determine which coronavirus. We are being played.

edit on 16-4-2020 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
With the near seamless partisan sentiment expressed in this country you might not realize their is a global pandemic.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
And when they are counting ANY death as a covid 19 death how are we supposed to know what the real number actually is?
And now we will never know the true number....not even close

Combined with lack or no testing and the asymptomatic, it will truly be impossible to get an accurate measurement.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I see your anecdotal and raise you an anecdotal...

I work on the A-10 and we are working just fine and collecting a pay check.

Maybe look a smidge outside your bubble and you can see its not the same as New York all over the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join