It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinite Monkey Cage..another p*ss take BBC UFO programme

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Sounds like to me that you agree with this derisive behaviour.

UFO/Alien folk or ATS members arent on MSM pushing their beliefs so no they dont deserve it - not even the flat earthers.

Also theres no need to explain comedy and humour to me ..i just didnt find it funny and made it known ...is that ok with you ?

I tell you what I did find funny..

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
It's educating, informing and entertaining, which is the BBC's origial remit.

Thanks for the laff

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: anomalie

Theres comedy gold here.

Perhaps Cox should reform D-Ream and perform the song as a corona anthem, hes better off in that Band than "doing science."

en.wikipedia.org...(D:Ream_song)

In an interview on the television programme Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe, D:Ream's keyboard player turned physicist Brian Cox, reflected on the song during a discussion about the destruction and incineration of Earth by the sun, admitting that it is "one of the most misleading and scientifically inaccurate pop songs that's ever been written."

Make you own conclusions from that

edit on 17-4-2020 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I couldnt agree with you more.
Maybe i'm just being naive but I thought subject of UFO's would be taken more seriously in 2020..my bad.

I think this programme got under my skin cos it reminded me of the mocking I received 35 odd years ago.

On the plus side I can have drink with my non-ufo friends and discuss the subject like adults - share knowledge and experiences.

I couldnt do that years without getting that look..you know the look if youve had it.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru his

Im aware of Brian Cox's musical past..but him being on Charlie Brooker show talking about his scientific credibility of his song is news to me.

I don't have a problem with him..infact I like him - I think he's decent science TV presenter enthusiastic and engaging; you can tell he really loves what hes does that said he wouldnt be my go to guy on the subject of UFO's.

A bit off topic but is this is the same Charlie guy who did Brass Eye and recent times Dark Mirror series that stuff was brilliant and funny.

----

my internet is dropping connection every few minutes its driving me nuts..gotta call Sky now get it sorted. if this thread is not dead by then I'll be back.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

And you'd be spot on ...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anomalie
I thought we've gone beyond taking the p*ss in this day and age about the UFO phenomenon

I'm watching this right now its appalling laughing and mocking the subject.

Whether you believe in aliens or whatever there no doubt UFOa exist that exhibit extraordinary abilities.

man im fuming right now I need to relax.

It's the BBC.
The 'nanny' broadcaster...'Auntie beeb'.

The masses are dumb, lead by the nose and should eagerly believe everything the condescending channel tells them, because they are the BBC! They know it all and tell it as it is. They educate our children, saturate them with mainstream beliefs...the Pyramids are tombs, UFOs and little green men [because all aliens are little and green] do not exist, so why take the subject matter seriously? They tell us the absolute way it was, way it is and the way it will be.

Seriously, all documentaries and discussions tend to have some bias, in my opinion, but any 'educational' program from the BBC has absolutely no wriggle room in it at all. Either swallow it whole or don't touch it. Sure, they do make some good entertainment and watchable programs but when it comes to history, news and fringe, I would much rather go elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anomalie

A bit off topic but is this is the same Charlie guy who did Brass Eye and recent times Dark Mirror series that stuff was brilliant and funny.

Brooker had nothing to do with Channel 4's 'Brass Eye' (or its BBC2 forerunner, 'The Day Today') - that was Chris Morris.

He did do 'Black Mirror' (and co-wrote an under-appreciated Channel 4 series with Morris 15 years ago called 'Nathan Barley').

I haven't seen the programme this thread is about, and can't quite decipher from the OP exactly what the premise of the show is.

I mean, is it simply a humorous (or attempting to be humorous) 'chat' show? Or satire?

edit on 17-4-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here's what the BBC website says on the Infinite Monkey Web Page

Witty, irreverent look at the world through scientists' eyes

Maybe you overlooked that part?
edit on 17/4/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

And the most perverse part, we are expected to pay for Auntie Beeb's incontinent pants and mothballs.

I have no problem with paying for anything provided its unbiased and without an agenda.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yup the BBC are full of themselves and out of touch with oridnary people. I can't think of any good BBC UFO programmes worth watching . ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 made a few over the years.

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Brooker had nothing to do with Channel 4's 'Brass Eye' (or its BBC2 forerunner, 'The Day Today') - that was Chris Morris.

He did do 'Black Mirror' (and co-wrote an under-appreciated Channel 4 series with Morris 15 years ago called 'Nathan Barley').

I haven't seen the programme this thread is about, and can't quite decipher from the OP exactly what the premise of the show is.

I mean, is it simply a humorous (or attempting to be humorous) 'chat' show? Or satire?

Ahh right thanks for that
I had Chris Morris in the back of my mind but wasnt sure.

About the show I really couldnt tell you much about the programme since it was first my time watching it. Its a science/comedy show meant for the radio. Theres a panel with scientists and 'comedians' 'they basically go through different topics every week. mirageman has put up a link if want to know more about the show.

I'm gonna put link to the UFO Special in my next post for anyone interested watching it.

originally posted by: Cymru

And the most perverse part, we are expected to pay for Auntie Beeb's incontinent pants and mothballs.

I have no problem with paying for anything provided its unbiased and without an agenda.

Agenda filled alright and if you dont pay they'll send their goons around and you risk going to court and getting a criminal record.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You can watch the show I was making a fuss about on BBC iPlayer.

For anyone thats interested here it is :

BBC Radio 4 Inifite Monkey Cage : UFO Special

Lucy Beaumont's Close Encounters

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Reviews of the BBC channel are over 90% negative on Trust Pikot..that says a lot.

BBC Channel Reviews

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The problem is MSM, in this case, BBC. They always have to frame the topic as amusement or melodrama.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join