It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell does ESPN mean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
no im not taling about ESP's close relative. im talking about the cable sports network. what does ESPN mean? this has driven me nuts for years!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Entertainment and
Sports
Programming
Network

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
thanks that clears up alot of wondering for me, now i can sleep easy now

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
ESPN-simple (Eastern SPorts Network) They're coverage of sports is so east coast biased it's sickening. God forbid they actually discuss for any real length of time any team out west. Yankees/Red sox period.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....

I was under the impression it meant:

Every
Sport
Possible
Network

Perhaps that just came to me in a black out years ago....

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, since you have your answer now I can say this....to me it means that my husband won't get anything done the rest of the day.

Die ESPN, Die!
:shk:

Rush

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

Die ESPN, Die!
:shk:

Rush

If ESPN dies then what will men do? Do you seriously want us all in your bussiness and stuff?

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
If ESPN dies then what will men do? Do you seriously want us all in your bussiness and stuff?

True that!

The women should be very happy there is ESPN...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

And that chasm is where men and women so differ.... You see, my wife says the same thing about video games. Once I start playing them, I won't get anything done for the rest of the day...

Well, just to point out a fact that is well known by all men across the planet: when we are watching our favorite games on ESPN or playing them on our xBoxes, we happen to feel a great sense of accomplishment when the session is over!

I always have to remind her that there are addictions out there that are much worse than my Oblivion obsession.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That is true. There are worse additctions. But looking at the channel listing on my cable, out of curiousity, there are more sports channel than brands of beer. Ok, I'm joking, but there are like 25 different ones and we don't even have satellite. That's enabling. lol My hubby's fave is UFC, you know, where the men go and beat the living h*ll out of each other and call it a sport. UG

Rush

Edit to add that my husband, of course, says the same thing about ATS. HEHE

[edit on 12-6-2008 by hsur2112]

new topics

top topics

join