It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coronavirus national plan of action

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I just found out that this Sunday it is becoming in effect a state law in my home state of PA, requiring us to have to wear masks in public under threat of arrest or something like that. Is this happening everywhere else too? Or is this another Tom Wolfe super ass hole move?

Photographs or it didn’t happen.

In other words, do you have a link to substantiate your worries from a reputable source?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

www.wtae.com...

triblive.com...

Looks like they're still figuring out what enforcement will entail. Considering that particular governor and his head full of ass, I'd say arrest isn't off the table.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: DBCowboy
A guy at work went home sick and was gone for a little over a week. During that time it was asked if he had Coroney and it was said they can't say due to HIPPA. I don't know if they were pulling our leg or if they were telling the truth.

They were telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If you have to "prove" your innocence with a virus ID, then that is a violation of HIPAA, violation of the 1st, 5th, 6th Amendments.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Sorry I didn't post links, my concerns are deeper then just the news so maybe I was being a little jumpy without links.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Wouldn’t public testing and said acknowledgment be a violation of HIPAA?

Bah, what do you know anyway DB?!

Err......wait.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: Brotherman

For the best, yes, one should wear face protection for the time being. And, no, I don't think it was necessary to have a law like that. Common sense tells one to wear a mask these days. But then again, I've posted many times that common sense has gone out the window some time ago.

Common Sense is not always best action. A mask does nothing to prevent you from being infected. A mask only serves to inhibit germs from spreading away from you. PA is basically saying they think a plurality of the population is already sick and/or asymptomatic. Visually, all a mask does is give people a false sense of security. It does nothing to stop people from rubbing their eyes or nose.

And don;'t even get me started with the number of people I have seen using the face mask but purposefully securing if *under* their nose because they think only the mouth should be covered...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.wtae.com...

triblive.com...

Looks like they're still figuring out what enforcement will entail. Considering that particular governor and his head full of ass, I'd say arrest isn't off the table.

The first link is broken.

The second link, well just say you have a medical problem that inhibits you from wearing a mask. They’re not asking you to prove it, and nor should they.

Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Add it to the list, I suppose. Constitutional Rights haven't been even remotely observed in any of this so far, why would they start now? There are US state and municipal government that have literally banned the free exercise of religious rights... certainly never thought I'd see that day happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The first link works fine for me. try this it's Pittsburgh's "Action 4" news channel. About as "reputable" as news in the USA in 2020 is going to get.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No still broken. I am in the U.K, so maybe that’s the problem?

As I said, there are ways of getting around this, but if you choose to focus on the negatives, that’s you prerogative.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Add it to the list, I suppose. Constitutional Rights haven't been even remotely observed in any of this so far, why would they start now? There are US state and municipal government that have literally banned the free exercise of religious rights... certainly never thought I'd see that day happen.

Seems to me that many State Governments are leaving themselves wide open to being sued for federal violation of civil liberties under class action type suits as many and several different U.S. Constitutional clauses are unquestionably being violated under State Governor overreach.

Many if not most of the Governors are staunch supporters of Supremacy Clause of U.S. Constitution when the subject at hand fits their agenda but then its all Mr/Mrs States rights at other times.

It cannot be both ways so either we have "Supremacy" or "States Rights" which is it?

The Supreme Court has ruled on this very thing many times and I can say which it is.

They will get sued, lose, and cost state taxpayers additional millions unnecessarily.

1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th amendments come directly to mind.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Sorry I didn't post links, my concerns are deeper then just the news so maybe I was being a little jumpy without links.

No worries, I was pulling your chain.

Burdman has sorted it anyway, although one link doesn’t work for me here in the U.K.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Seems to me that many State Governments are leaving themselves wide open to being sued for federal violation of civil liberties under class action type suits as many and several different U.S. Constitutional clauses are unquestionably being violated under State Governor overreach.

Many if not most of the Governors are staunch supporters of Supremacy Clause of U.S. Constitution when the subject at hand fits their agenda but then its all Mr/Mrs States rights at other times.

It cannot be both ways so either we have "Supremacy" or "States Rights" which is it?

The Supreme Court has ruled on this very thing many times and I can say which it is.

They will get sued, lose, and cost state taxpayers additional millions unnecessarily.

1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th amendments come directly to mind.

Why not?

It’s what Trump does on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Kneejerk
second line - kneejerk non response says this member has nothing which to debate

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wisconsin held their Democratic Primary on April 7th.

If you look at www.dhs.wisconsin.gov...

There has been no measurable increase in daily cases since April 7th.

Is it worth considering that "Social Distancing" and "Staying at Home" have little effect on the spread of Covid-19? There should have been a significant spike after 450,000 Wisconsin voters left their homes and went to vote on April 7th.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
America is too populated with 328 million people. China can succeed because its a dictatorship and you better do what they say or get your ass whopped.

We need to create a scenario where there are only about 50 million people to deal with treating this virus, not 330 million.

America has failed miserably here and it is too late to enact simple ideas as they did in Tawain, Hong Kong, S. Korea, Germany, Australia, and other countries with populations under and around 60 million.

Making superstates with only 54 million to deal with will make this incredibly easier to deal with.

THESE SUPERSTATES ARE ONLY FOR THE VIRUS NOT PERMANENT ENTITIES.
edit on 16-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I bet this particular drug is EXPENSIVE, which is why the Stock Market likes it, and Mainstream Media are carrying this story?

Its drug Remdesivir, according to Statnews.com, showed effectiveness for treating COVID-19 patients. Shares of Gilead rose over 10 percent in the extended session.

A recent clinical trial of Remdesivir, an antiviral medicine used as a potential treatment for Ebola, found rapid recoveries in coronavirus patients' fever and respiratory symptoms.

The trial, conducted by the University of Chicago Medicine, found nearly all patients who were given daily infusions of Remdesivir were discharged from the hospital in less than a week.
More at: www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The federal government and specifically the White House have zero plan of action. Their inaction has no doubt caused a great deal more suffering for the country then expected during the beginning of this scenario. Hopefully the governors can keep it together because we're all relying on what our state leadership does during the next several months. State government will and the people, the citizens levels of responsibility over the next several months will determine how bad the numbers get.

I'm skeptical and hopeful at the same time. People are not patient... And people are not particularly smart when the mob mentality takes hold. Individuals are smart, and patient, and so on. But if the mob mentality takes over the nation that isolation and social distancing practices are not worth our time, then we may not actually see the end of this pandemic for much longer than we all hope.

The best thing we can do for each other is to maintain social distancing practices and stay the F at home.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
Our governor's phase one, is he extended our stay at home another month.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join