It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish study reveals Covid-19 20 times less deadly than WHO claims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, in a war of economies, wouldn't the larger economy have advantage over the smaller? China's economy is now larger than the US's.

The only way the US could regain the upper hand is by being more business savvy and trading it's way back to number one. You don't win by throwing in your hand and refusing to play anymore, after the first hand.

Anyway, we have strayed far from the topic.

In 2019 we were 21.4 trillion and China was 14.4 trillion. They are also coming up on paying the piper so to speak with their 20 years of inflated economy due to fudging the numbers with somewhat faked growth. They are also taking a huge hit in the first quarter this year of close to 8% loss, and I'm sure second quarter will not be better.

This virus has taught America many lessons.

1. The big one is coming, and most likely from China...What's the old saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Hopefully this is a huge eye opener for everyone to not only be better prepared, but react quicker in the future.

2. We are too embedded with China with all the eggs in one basket and how this virus played out has shown us how bad that can be. A part of this as I said is that the Chinese are becoming too expensive, so instead of 3 bucks per day it is 3 bucks per hour now. Great on them as 1 billion moved out of that extreme poverty, but bad on us as the cost becomes to the point China is not the cheapest direction to go anymore. We saw it with Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, so nothing new here. Mexico and other South American countries could be the next China as far as US production goes. This virus might just be the fire that jumps starts quickly what was the inevitable, so instead of moving to other cheaper countries over the next 10 to 20 years it might be closer to a mass exodus of US business.

3. China is still a communist totalitarian state with world economic domination as their 100 year plan. They are also gearing up for military force as part of that domination, and we are paying a big part of that bill. Wouldn't it be better if America's trillions were spent in countries not seeking world domination? lol It seems it is looking that way.

edit on 17-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: vonclod
The study is not worth much, it is not a proper representation of a populace.

It is RT abusing the study - the study itself was useful for what it tried to be.

The question was: Since we have demographic data for the blood donors and since we have demographic data for confirmed cases, we can compare the two groups. If we test blood donors blood, how well then does the numbers translate between the two groups.

In essence the study asked how many cases went unreported for every one that did get reported.

And since the donors are healthier than the general populace, it could have even greater prevalence...

Tell me again what happens when the number of infected is up and the number of deaths stays the same?

Another closer to home from Standford

We report the prevalence of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in a sample of 3,330 people, adjusting for zip code, sex, and race/ethnicity. We also adjust for test performance characteristics using 3 different estimates: (i) the test manufacturer's data, (ii) a sample of 37 positive and 30 negative controls tested at Stanford, and (iii) a combination of both. Results The unadjusted prevalence of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in Santa Clara County was 1.5% (exact binomial 95CI 1.11-1.97%), and the population-weighted prevalence was 2.81% (95CI 2.24-3.37%). Under the three scenarios for test performance characteristics, the population prevalence of COVID-19 in Santa Clara ranged from 2.49% (95CI 1.80-3.17%) to 4.16% (2.58-5.70%). These prevalence estimates represent a range between 48,000 and 81,000 people infected in Santa Clara County by early April, 50-85-fold more than the number of confirmed cases. Conclusions The population prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in Santa Clara County implies that the infection is much more widespread than indicated by the number of confirmed cases. Population prevalence estimates can now be used to calibrate epidemic and mortality projections.

edit on 17-4-2020 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
At the beginning of all this I told others that there will be leaks of information giving an idea whats happening. What has been leaking are hospitals full of patients. Also happening is first hand knowledge of people dying and ill. Im open to the idea its a farce. Weve had illness' before. Maybe its not as bad but I dont see the motivation in faking this.

To get Trump out? I cant see Trumps admin faking this given its likelihood of hurting the election for him.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join