It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LLNL report on Americas enduring stockpile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
*** WARNING PDF FROM A NATIONAL LAB AT THE LINK ***

*** LINK ***

As im sure most already know, Americas's and the rest of the worlds Plutonium pits are older than some of our parents,

so LLNL put out a very cool report on the chemistry and repair methods of Plutonium pits, something we as civilians dont get to see alot or ever.

its also neat to see the manufacturing process to make a older pit safer again.

i remember the first time i saw plutonium i was very unimpressed other than its weight, but seeing it in a weapons ready situation evokes images of burning cities.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good article, but I did not see a conclusion as to exactly how long we have left on our pits before they should be replaced. They said a hundred plus years, but did not actually state how that relates to evidence. Some of our stuff is seventy years old already, we have not been upgrading things well, the mass development was done in the fifties and sixties.

I tried searching for a conclusion and recommendations but did not find it. I scanned pretty much all of it to try to find that, but I could have missed it being stated somehow, that article is not layed out like most research articles I read.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Good article, but I did not see a conclusion as to exactly how long we have left on our pits before they should be replaced. They said a hundred plus years, but did not actually state how that relates to evidence. Some of our stuff is seventy years old already, we have not been upgrading things well, the mass development was done in the fifties and sixties.

I tried searching for a conclusion and recommendations but did not find it. I scanned pretty much all of it to try to find that, but I could have missed it being stated somehow, that article is not layed out like most research articles I read.

That might be because the actual number is classified as CNWDI (Critical Nuclear Weapon Design Information).

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: rickymouse

That might be because the actual number is classified as CNWDI (Critical Nuclear Weapon Design Information).

They probably expired ten years ago

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thats from 2007, here is some info related to this topic
www.lasg.org...

top topics

join